LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Country flag
I have an alternative theory why Chinks might be interested in heating up the border!
What are the chances that pakipigs begged Chinks to do something about the danda they are getting from india.it is highly possible that Pakis might have shut up and let the pinglings needle India. This can achieve two objectives:
1. Get reprieve from the pasting a India is doling out.
2. Shift the Indian focus from LOC and Kashmir to it's eastern border. So that the pork is can regroup.
I think Pakis have perfected the art of pimping. It's up to the han now how to react to this.
Remember Han would not want another embarrassment after dear leader Kim played them like a dog. I still think that chinks grossly miscalculated Indian response and now are braying to anyone who would listen that how evil Indians are harresing them.
I think Xi's time in forbidden city is up. He should just cut his losses and give up Chinese throne to someone else.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Insulting question by TV anchor led to planning of PoK surgical strikes, says Manohar Parrikar

Former defence minister Manohar Parrikaron Friday said an “insulting” question by a television anchor to Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore after the 2015 anti-insurgency operation along the Myanmar border prompted him to plan last year’s ‘surgical strikes’ in PoK. Speaking before a gathering of industrialists in Panaji, the Goa Chief Minister said, “The surgical strikes against militants in PoK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir) was planned 15 months in advance.”

On June 4, 2015, north-eastern militant group NSCN-K ambushed an Indian Army convoy in Chandel district of Manipur and killed 18 jawans. Parrikar said when he was informed about the incident, “I felt insulted….A small terrorist organisation of 200 people killing 18 Dogra soldiers was an insult to the Indian Army and we sat in the afternoon and sat in the evening and worked out the (plan of) first surgical strike which was conducted on 8th June morning in which about 70-80 terrorists were killed (along the India-Myanmar border).”

“It was a very successful strike,” he said, adding that on Army’s side, the only instance of an injury was a leech attaching itself to a soldier’s leg. Contrary to some reports, no helicopters were used. “I had placed helicopters (on stand by) only in case of emergency evacuation,” he said. “But one question (from media) hurt me. (Union minister) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, an ex-Armyman, was on TV and he was explaining about all kinds of search operations. An anchor asked him ‘would you have the courage and capability of doing the same on the western front’,” Parrikar recalled.

“I listened very intensely but decided to answer when the time came. The starting of September 29 (2016) surgical strike on the western border was 9th of June, 2015….We planned 15 months in advance. Additional troops were trained. Equipment was procured on priority basis,” he said.

The Swathi Weapon Locating Radar, developed by the DRDO, was used first in September 2016 to locate “firing units” of Pakistani Army, though the system was inducted officially three months later, Parrikar said. Thanks to this Radar, forty firing units of Pakistani Army were destroyed, he added.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...rgical-strikes-says-manohar-parrikar-4730343/

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
he deleted that comment or what?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
China has always been a strong strategic ally of Pakistan. Military relations have been sustained with Chinese assistance in developing Pakistan’s defense infrastructure and strong military assistance in the region. There is nothing new about the kind of military support China has provided Pakistan, but its use in diplomatic relations between these two nations has been significantly enhanced. The word colony symbolizes the weakening in power of a country to make sovereign decisions for it, and it is an absolute subordinate of a hegemonic state.
Yes I agree,
It's India's fault.
We are never in good terms with neighbours and this is why they lean towards China.

Other point is we are still fooling ourselves with Make in India past 2 years and Pakis got the CPEC initiated without even giving a second thought. Well it is already a pre planned project but the speed it took the shape is magnificent.
On Indian side we are not aware what we want.

We want cleanliness, or industries or sustainable development or keeping happy every ethnicity in India.
So in such case, we are lacking behind.

Only today that 30 years old Bill got passed, that's our speed.

The fact is, we need to make people smart not the cities to have smart cities. And then only India will be able to accommodate high grade technological implementations.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The Swathi Weapon Locating Radar, developed by the DRDO, was used first in September 2016 to locate “firing units” of Pakistani Army, though the system was inducted officially three months later, Parrikar said. Thanks to this Radar, forty firing units of Pakistani Army were destroyed, he added.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...rgical-strikes-says-manohar-parrikar-4730343/
40 arty 'units' (he probably means arty batteries as well as infantry mortar platoons) destroyed? I think that's an exaggeration! If that was the case after deploying WLR Swathi, then Paki arty firing from across the LoC, which goes on even today, should have been silenced long ago.

I wonder how many of these WLR radars we have and how many have been deployed?

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Yes I agree,
It's India's fault.
We are never in good terms with neighbours and this is why they lean towards China.
Yes sir, it is all India's fault.
We can have good terms with Pakland tomorrow. All we have to do is let them do Gzwa-E-Hind.
Problem solved!:yo:

Other point is we are still fooling ourselves with Make in India past 2 years and Pakis got the CPEC initiated without even giving a second thought. Well it is already a pre planned project but the speed it took the shape is magnificent.

Of course we are fools. Smart people just abandon all hope and do nothing.
Pakis are smart they don't do anything and look where they are today.
We can only dream of catching up to mighty Pakistan.

On Indian side we are not aware what we want.
We want cleanliness, or industries or sustainable development or keeping happy every ethnicity in India.
So in such case, we are lacking behind.
Here I agree with you
Only today that 30 years old Bill got passed, that's our speed.
That is how democracies work.
The fact is, we need to make people smart not the cities to have smart cities. And then only India will be able to accommodate high grade technological implementations.
We can build both infra and HR at the same time.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Buddy next time quote me not yourself otherwise it is tough to reply back.

Even US is a democracy, they had civil wars prior to that but the way they developed within 50 years during reconstruction era and gilded age was too good.

Last edited:

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
40 arty 'units' (he probably means arty batteries as well as infantry mortar platoons) destroyed? I think that's an exaggeration! If that was the case after deploying WLR Swathi, then Paki arty firing from across the LoC, which goes on even today, should have been silenced long ago.

I wonder how many of these WLR radars we have and how many have been deployed?
You forgot Mortars.

tigerhill

Country flag
Does the number of 40 positions as stated by Parikar seem plausible?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
This is why UCAV is must in that region .
Yup Good against non state actors but i must say Pakis (and Iranians) have a good record of shooting down the UAVs apart from capturing mini UAV and Quad copters.

Except the American predators which they don't want to touch.

This one was probably crashed

dronecrash3.jpg
Pakistan_Drone_Crash_543.jpg

captscooby81

Country flag
He is talking about using UCAV not those useless UAV s and Quadcopters which someone can buy in amazon these days ..We need Predator s both to hit the paki post and also to take the jihadi camps ..But sadly we are getting Guardian Naval surveillance drones ...:facepalm:

Yup Good against non state actors but i must say Pakis (and Iranians) have a good record of shooting down the UAVs apart from capturing mini UAV and Quad copters.

Except the American predators which they don't want to touch.

This one was probably crashed

View attachment 17190 View attachment 17191

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles