Line of Control & Border skirmish: News, Images & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarun Kumar

I think HAMMERHEAD can give correct info as Paki army will not accept its casualties. They did not do so in Kargil as well. Also only India Today has reported it which is reasonably reliable but other sources have not confirmed it. One thing is for sure under Bipin Rawat, India will break Pak army's teeth for transgressions. Good job IA

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
For purely hypothetical discussion...

Have we discussed the advantages of bringing PoK into India's control?

If PoK comes under our control we will have a buffer zone between J&K and Pak. Our control does not mean by using IA but also our own militia.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Now this low intensity "LoC Warfare" basically a war of attrition is a regular event where the objective is clearly to inflict maximum casualties on the adversary.

So how about equipped our troops for this distinct warfare.

Procurement of long range Bolt action sniper (5000) based on .338 Lapua is good step taken by the Ministry of Defense (MOD)

This followed by procurement of Anti material Rifle since Vidhwansak/ Danel AMR project never really materialize for the Army.

Army should also want to induct some smart precision guided munitions. Israelis are making precision guided mortar rounds which even US Army is buying from Jews

Since Mortar is the weapon of choice on LoC due to mountain. India should procure or develop such round by ourselves

patzmi_EN.jpg

Re induct older weapons getting junk in Armories such as Single Barrel 122 mm Light portable Grad P which was procured in 80s for Siachen. Though it's originally a MLRS

Or BS 3 (M -1944) Gun which was procured for Chinese front. Similar weapons are necessary since CG RCL don't have the punch to destroy Pakistani defenses in which they have heavily invested including the assistance from Chinese.

Last edited:

Doc Mozart

Country flag
I believe that you are referring to the cross LoC Raid on Paki "Akbar" Post manned by 24 Baloch Regt. (Approx platoon size strength )

Lt Sami UL Haq was captured alive and brought back to our side along with several troops (allegedly) Later 5 dead bodies along with the body of that young Lt was returned to Pakistan.

He had a big fat hole on his head, execution style. The fate of other soldiers is unknown but Pakis do complain of 12 beheadings since 2000.

It is believed that Musharraf downplayed the incident as he had recently usurped the power.

View attachment 14888
I remember that incident. In fact i had a transcript of that incident. Apparently it was a revenge for Capt. Saurabh Kalia. Now i don't know how much authentic this is but here it goes....

"
The context :

A watchpost, with mg nest and two snipers with sota automatic DMRs, conv. radio, gasoline generator and 1 pak squad/ptn. (approx 18 elements) minus 4 men, who went “ missing” on recon.

One sniper with an Izmash SV-98, modded for .338 Lapua Mag; approx 840± yards.

Eight commando , 5 from SF(strike) 1 and 3 from the (desert) 10th.

Parameters :

4 hr window. Shock And Awe. No survivor.

Carry casualties back. Extract shells, confiscate effects and ordnance. "

Proof: -

upload_2017-4-17_22-45-22.png

upload_2017-4-17_22-45-49.png

Country flag
This is Google earth captures of Leepa/ Leepa valley one of the many targets where cross LoC raids or Surgical strikes took place. Here the target (as claimed) was a wooden structure which was essentially a Mosque but was also used as Sarai (Inn)

Our Forward Posts located on the mountains can easily observe the activities in the Town and the valley below or pulverize the entire valley by Artillery at any time just like before the ceasefire 2003

In a BBC interview Pakis themselves claimed that Indian Army brought their "BIG GUNS" and emplaced them on the similar Ridges in a first after the 2003 cease fire.

Now these "Big Guns" could be anything from heavy caliber HMG, RCL or AGL 17/30 Grenade launcher etc

View attachment 15153 View attachment 15154

===========================================

View attachment 15155
This valley seems to be locked from any main road of Pok- and has mountain all around- It connects with Tangdhar valley on Indian side-

I doubt Pakis will dare enter this valley during a war- coz they will be butchered from all sides- Once India occupy the rides west to It- and take this valley- Muzaffarabad would be well within sight- although Pakis seem to have lots of helipads and other defenses west of this ride overlooking leepa valley on their side-

Sometimes I think we are wasting our time dealing stone pelters and bringing democracy in the valley- This feature(leepa) should have been occupied along with the ridge on Its west to directly threaten Muzaffarabad- back in 1999 when we had our chance-

Totally a waste at the hands of Pakis who only use It as an Inn for Jihadis-

Bornubus

This valley seems to be locked from any main road of Pok- and has mountain all around- It connects with Tangdhar valley on Indian side-

I doubt Pakis will dare enter this valley during a war- coz they will be butchered from all sides- Once India occupy the rides west to It- and take this valley- Muzaffarabad would be well within sight- although Pakis seem to have lots of helipads and other defenses west of this ride overlooking leepa valley on their side-

Sometimes I think we are wasting our time dealing stone pelters and bringing democracy in the valley- This feature(leepa) should have been occupied along with the ridge on Its west to directly threaten Muzaffarabad- back in 1999 when we had our chance-

Totally a waste at the hands of Pakis who only use It as an Inn for Jihadis-
Indian army already occupied the heights of Shamsabari Range which surrounds and dominate Leepa valley. Shamsabari range is also an infiltration route.

Here our posts making an interlocking position to hit paki posts from all sides hence the famous hindi saying "5 minute 50 var"

This range is also important for Pakis. If they able to make a foothold here then they can easily roll down in the valley in case of war.

As for occupying, there is no point occupying Laapa valley itself but the ranges which dominate Leepa valley like Kafir khan (we already occupy Shamsabari). That's why civilians in Leepa living in between the murderous cross firing of India and Pak.

If India captures Kafir Khan than it not only easily capture Leepa but also threaten Neelum - Jhelum valley Hydro power project which is Joint China - Pak project.

Bornubus

A soldier Marty by Pak sniper at Mendhar LoC

Last edited:

Tarun Kumar

The script is now standard. We hit them with our superior firepower, kill 4-8 of their soldiers like yesterday. They refuse to accept casualties. They then fire snipers from the only spot where they are at an advantage-Haji Peer Area. Kill few of our men. What is needed is change in narrative. In Poonch, India should use heavy artillery and MBRLs to take down their sniper positions.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
For purely hypothetical discussion...

Have we discussed the advantages of bringing PoK into India's control?

If PoK comes under our control we will have a buffer zone between J&K and Pak. Our control does not mean by using IA but also our own militia.
Don't like the concept of militia on our own land. They can bite back anytime.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I remember that incident. In fact i had a transcript of that incident. Apparently it was a revenge for Capt. Saurabh Kalia. Now i don't know how much authentic this is but here it goes....

"
The context :

A watchpost, with mg nest and two snipers with sota automatic DMRs, conv. radio, gasoline generator and 1 pak squad/ptn. (approx 18 elements) minus 4 men, who went “ missing” on recon.

One sniper with an Izmash SV-98, modded for .338 Lapua Mag; approx 840± yards.

Eight commando , 5 from SF(strike) 1 and 3 from the (desert) 10th.

Parameters :

4 hr window. Shock And Awe. No survivor.

Carry casualties back. Extract shells, confiscate effects and ordnance. "

Proof: -

View attachment 15179

View attachment 15180
Could you write what's in the picture? Some words are not legible to me.

Bornubus

I won't vote BJP!

Bhenchod Kashmir randve mulle,mumbai mai dikhe na maa kasam halal kar dunga aur Gottiya kaat ke koyba khelunga, ye hijde bjp wale kya mehbooba ki gaand chat rahe hai?.
:lol: Calm down Brother

Bornubus

These civilians of Naushera have been suffering a lot in past few days. These villages are predominantly Hindu/ Sikh and far from our Post at higher up. Look at the houses damaged in Pak firing.

So Pakis are deliberately targeting these Hindus with heavy caliber weapon including 120 mm Mortar. Last time Pakis damaged our LoC Trade center which is a big govt building and traders, workers and Truck Drivers just ran away in sheer terror and refuse to reaume work. Whereas Punjabi Jihadis damaged crores of Rs worth EDI building in Pampore.

This is called " Jaan or Maal ka Bhari Nuksan" which is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I was in 325 back there, Was a nice environment ..

Pakis usually target the officer mess with their HMG, Including families during tea parties ..

Bornubus

I was in 325 back there, Was a nice environment ..

Pakis usually target the officer mess with their HMG, Including families during tea parties ..
Have you ever visit 1 para mess there ?

================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles