Line of Control & Border skirmish: News, Images & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Unfortunately no, This was way back ..

=================================

Country flag
As for occupying, there is no point occupying Laapa valley itself but the ranges which dominate Leepa valley like Kafir khan (we already occupy Shamsabari). That's why civilians in Leepa living in between the murderous cross firing of India and Pak.

If India captures Kafir Khan than it not only easily capture Leepa but also threaten Neelum - Jhelum valley Hydro power project which is Joint China - Pak project.
I was talking about that range only- Leepa is disconnected from PoK by that range-

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Two Jawans martyr at LoC at different Posts in mysterious "accidental fire" both o LoC. We are clearly hiding our casualties just like Pakis use to do. This is unfortunate and if they are dead because of Paki firing then there is no shame accepting that. There is a lot of difference between accidental fire and martyr due to Gunbattle.

These casualties are due to Paki Snipers and not some mythical accidental fire.

=====================================================================

Soldier killed in mysterious firing in Poonch; Army calls it ‘accidental’ again

A young sepoy of the Indian Army lost his life after being allegedly hit by a sniper bullet fired by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Bhimber Gali (BG) sector in Poonch on Tuesday, in the second such incident in 24 hours.

“Around 1745 hours (5.45 pm) on Tuesday, sepoy Ravinder Singh (20) of 21 Punjab D-Coy deployed at Damu post was hit by a sniper fire from Jhanda post of Pakistan on other side of the LoC, which is being manned by
650 Mujahid Regiment of Pak Army,” said an intelligence source.

However, defence spokesman, Lt Col Manish Mehta maintained that Ravinder Singh died of “accidental discharge”.

His death comes close on the heels of another similar death of a soldier,
Manmohan Budhani of 20 Kumaon Regiment in Balnoi area of Mendhar tehsil in Poonch district along the LoC on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.

While police called it a sniper fire from across the LoC, the army had maintained that it was an “accidental fire”.

A new recruit, Ravinder Singh had joined the army one year and four months ago, and is survived by his parents Balkar Singh and mother Manjeet Kour, hailing from Kanakwal village in Sangrur district in Punjab.

On March 9 this year,
sepoy Deepak Jagannath Ghadge of Maharashtra died after he was hit by a similar sniper fire by Pakistani troops in Gulpur area of Poonch.

On April 2, a JCO was killed in an IED blast near the LoC in Poonch district. It was suspected that the mine was planted by “rogue” elements from Pakistan inside the Indian territory to inflict casualties.

The BSF had also lost DIG OP Tanwar in an IED explosion near a forward post in Samba sector on November 16, 2009 when his vehicle was blown away by a powerful IED planted by Pakistani ultras.

Rattled by such incidents along the LoC, the then GOC-in-C, Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, on January 15, 2013 had admitted that frequent “accidental blasts” in KG sector of Poonch were actually mines planted by Pakistan to target and eliminate Indian soldiers.

tags

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Two Jawans martyr at LoC at different Posts in mysterious "accidental fire" both o LoC. We are clearly hiding our casualties just like Pakis use to do. This is unfortunate and if they are dead because of Paki firing then there is no shame accepting that. There is a lot of difference between accidental fire and martyr due to Gunbattle.

A young sepoy of the Indian Army lost his life after being allegedly hit by a sniper bullet fired by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Bhimber Gali (BG) sector in Poonch on Tuesday, in the second such incident in 24 hours.

“Around 1745 hours (5.45 pm) on Tuesday, sepoy Ravinder Singh (20) of 21 Punjab D-Coy deployed at Damu post was hit by a sniper fire from Jhanda post of Pakistan on other side of the LoC, which is being manned by

However, defence spokesman, Lt Col Manish Mehta maintained that Ravinder Singh died of “accidental discharge”.

Manmohan Budhani of 20 Kumaon Regiment in Balnoi area of Mendhar tehsil in Poonch district along the LoC on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.

While police called it a sniper fire from across the LoC, the army had maintained that it was an “accidental fire”.

A new recruit, Ravinder Singh had joined the army one year and four months ago, and is survived by his parents Balkar Singh and mother Manjeet Kour, hailing from Kanakwal village in Sangrur district in Punjab.

On March 9 this year,
sepoy Deepak Jagannath Ghadge of Maharashtra died after he was hit by a similar sniper fire by Pakistani troops in Gulpur area of Poonch.

On April 2, a JCO was killed in an IED blast near the LoC in Poonch district. It was suspected that the mine was planted by “rogue” elements from Pakistan inside the Indian territory to inflict casualties.

The BSF had also lost DIG OP Tanwar in an IED explosion near a forward post in Samba sector on November 16, 2009 when his vehicle was blown away by a powerful IED planted by Pakistani ultras.

Rattled by such incidents along the LoC, the then GOC-in-C, Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, on January 15, 2013 had admitted that frequent “accidental blasts” in KG sector of Poonch were actually mines planted by Pakistan to target and eliminate Indian soldiers.

tags
Which news site is this article from?

@Ancient Indian
Like I was mentioning on the other thread, media is aligning with the Govt. We can no longer distinguish between truth and fabrications.

Bornubus

@Ancient Indian
Like I was mentioning on the other thread, media is aligning with the Govt. We can no longer distinguish between truth and fabrications.
Stop smelling everything as conspiracy theories like retard Pakis.

=============================================================================

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ental-again/story-2ATdpdRIgmS6hYvk0UMLQN.html

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/2-army-jawans-die-accidental-fire-loc/

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...accidental-fire-along-loc/article18135433.ece

http://www.ptinews.com/news/8621822_Jawan-killed-in-accidental-fire-along-LoC.html

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Which part of my post are you calling a conspiracy theory?

The "accidental deaths" or media part?

If it is the accidental death part, then I am simply agreeing with you.

If it is the media part, this is not something new I am saying now. I have been saying this for months that media is slowly aligning themselves with BJP. But that's a different discussion.

SanjeevM

Country flag

On March 9 this year,

tags
Can't our snipers take the revenge by killing 10 of their men for each of our man killed? It's time to return the pain to Pakistan multiplied

Bornubus

Which part of my post are you calling a conspiracy theory?

The "accidental deaths" or media part?

If it is the accidental death part, then I am simply agreeing with you.

If it is the media part, this is not something new I am saying now. I have been saying this for months that media is slowly aligning themselves with BJP. But that's a different discussion.
That's why you are too ignorant to debate on defense.

So when this same media claim that Indian Army killed 8 Paki troops which is not an official statement by the army then it's not fabrication but when this same media suspect mystery accidental fire on LoC death on the day of intense firing then it's a fabrication !

Both these troops die on different LoC posts and both of them die due to "accidental fire". I don't think this is a co incidence there are reports that they die due to Sniper fire, which all the TV news were claiming yesterday.

Bornubus

Can't our snipers take the revenge by killing 10 of their men for each of our man killed? It's time to return the pain to Pakistan multiplied
Yes but for that we need element of surprise and long range sniper Rifles which Army lacks. AMR are too limited in service.

So LoC will remain hot in days to come.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

So when this same media claim that Indian Army killed 8 Paki troops which is not an official statement by the army then it's not fabrication but when this same media suspect mystery accidental fire on LoC death on the day of intense firing then it's a fabrication !

Both these troops die on different LoC posts and both of them die due to "accidental fire". I don't think this is a co incidence there are reports that they die due to Sniper fire, which all the TV news were claiming yesterday.
Is this a yearly thing between you and me, you made similar comment about me last year.

My response is same as last year, I don't consider myself an expert on military matters. I stick to strategies, diplomacy, Pakistani economy, Indian economy and infrastructure. For military matters I rely on members like you and few others.

If you check thread about 4/8 paki soldiers killed, you will find I haven't posted anything on that topic. Basically I have no opinion on that matter except for some propaganda point scoring against Pakis.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

@Ancient Indian
I suspect that media has full access to any military stuff.
If something like this happened, they would have cried hoarse and hurt our army moral. I don't think our government agencies bribe any people.

If it is propaganda, then it will aim to dent the image our army maintains. Posters are already comparing our army with Paki eunuch army.

If it is true, we need to do some serious inquiry and prevent further cover ups.

Nothing is perfect. We need to stop being too much judgemental. At the same time, we should also respect the sacrifices our army jawans make for our soil.

Bornubus

Is this a yearly thing between you and me, you made similar comment about me last year.

My response is same as last year, I don't consider myself an expert on military matters. I stick to strategies, diplomacy, Pakistani economy, Indian economy and infrastructure. For military matters I rely on members like you and few others.

If you check thread about 4/8 paki soldiers killed, you will find I haven't posted anything on that topic. Basically I have no opinion on that matter except for some propaganda point scoring against Pakis.
And I am not claiming to be an expert on military matters either. I am just making my opinion on common sense and based on recent incidences of casualties by Sniper Fire. If you think this is "accidental fire" then i am not forcing my opinion on you.

And if you got me wrong then i apologize.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Yes but for that we need element of surprise and long range sniper Rifles which Army lacks. AMR are too limited in service.

So LoC will remain hot in days to come.
Can our defence ministry expedite purchase of good quality snipers rifles. If we can kill porkis with bullets, why to waste shells on them?

Bornubus

I have seen the cause of death was sniper fire which they flashed on News channels. I have post that yesterday itself.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
And I am not claiming to be an expert on military matters either. I am just making my opinion on common sense and based on recent incidences of casualties by Sniper Fire. If you think this is "accidental fire" then i am not forcing my opinion on you.

And if you got me wrong then i apologize.
No apologies required. All is well..

Cheers...

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

So you are trusting media word?
We all know how media treats our army. Now you trust media even if the army said it was clearly an accident.

We also know that army is not 100% perfect institution. But at least try to improve the situation.

For the first time, Our military getting respect from public. Don't ruin this new found bond.
If you find some thing wrong, go and make noise at relevant places. Not where civilians like us do discussions.

Bornubus

Can our defence ministry expedite purchase of good quality snipers rifles. If we can kill porkis with bullets, why to waste shells on them?
Even the procurement via FMS route have been subjected to lengthy trials which is very rare and only happen in India.

So i doubt the procurement of Snipers (.338 Lapua) would be completed by the end of this year

Meanwhile Pak Mujahid Battalion posted at LoC. Same troops who shot down our Quad copter on LoC. They are more like irregulars or paramilitary armed with Accuracy international Arctic warfare Sniper

034e9ea71fca48cab7dc43d7c3da2f0a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles