Liaoning (Varyag) - Chinese Aircraft Carrier

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
From ice bergs link
Only two ships of this class exist; the original Kuznetsov, which is in Russian service, and the Varyag. Like most modern carriers, the only weapons carried are anti-missile systems like Phalanx and FL-3000N...
Is the system really Phalanx CIWS?

Where did Russia get it? Not from General Dynamics, surely.

Phalanx CIWS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pmaitra

I would like to invite Jay to comment on this thread, given what he has stated earlier:

I can't help but think Russia is hoodwinking India. I find it ironic that Indians here ( some) get fixated about some low level weapons being given to Pak by the US - but on the other hand Russia gives the bigger of the two threats ( china) great military hardware and now they are even co developing long range bombers with China- which is a direct threat for India's look east policy...IMO.

we all know how close China - Russia realtionship is and that it has always supplied military hardware to China for assets that can/will be used against India.

SHASH2K2

I would like to invite Jay to comment on this thread, given what he has stated earlier:
someone send him an email . :D but at the same time I also feel that its has more to do with China bypassing Russia for AC and russia looking at China as threat in future instead of love for India.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It does not matter, you always see blurred thing, that is why you were wrong so many times
You mean right so many times. It was your misinformation minister that got J-20 wrong.

nimo_cn

Country flag
True.

Indians are not foolish like the Chinese.

Why should be manufacture bullets when China is handing it over to us through the terrorists they sponsor in India?!

China is refurbishing an old AC because of the Chinese penchant to be with the Joneses, even if they are only half way home!

They build great stuff like the Three Gorges, Hi speed trains, great bridges and show the world that they have arrived.

And then all thing made collapses like a pack of cards!
Huh, we are building all things for the cause of showcasing. Brilliant way of comforting yourself after being frustrated by Chinese accomplishment, isn't it? In this regard, Indians are certainly not foolish, being so good at cheering themselves up.

No bridges and buildings collapse in India? Certainly not true, then why are you building those stuff?

Oh, I may forget, Indians are building things, but not at the pace of Chinese and things being built are not as magnificent as what Chinese are building, That is why Chinese accomplishments are called cosmetic whereas Indian accomplishments are not because something cosmetic is also something magnificent.

Take space program for example both China and India are planing to send a man into space (well, I have forgotten we have done that several times), I believe Ray certainly will agree Chinese are doing this only for the purpose of showing off and Indians are doing the same thing for any good cause but showcasing. Why? Because Chinese space program is just so splendid and successful, hence suits for showing off, whereas Indian space program notorious for its high failure rate and frequent delays definitely is not something worth boasting about.

Same logic could be applied to HSR and bridges.

One more thing about HSR, now I finally understand why Indians are happily sticking with their broken railway system which crawls like a snail. HSR is out of their league, and will be useless even being built in India, that is how it is called cosmetic. Building a cosmetic HSR in India is just a waste of money, it is like gifting a car to a monkey, the monkey doesn't even know how to drive it.

But Ray is right, there will be no HSR accident in India in a near future, how could that be accomplished when you don't even have an inch of HSR? So at least feel proud of that.

Last edited:

DMF

There is a video in the Chinese fun forum, it is claimed to be installing an arrester, but I have no idea what an arrester is, so dude here can have a look, since you have carriers so you can tell. [video]http://www.56.com/u32/v_NjE5NzI3MDE.html[/video][/QUOTE

I just saw the video exactly where do you see the arrester being installed other than industrial equipment being moved around while workers are walking about. If you do not an idea about arrester how is it you believed what is being said in video?
I am not sure about this video until now, I never see a arrester and have no idea about the looks of an arrester, but there is photo of USA carrier arrester, and the hooked equipment in the video is very similar to the USA arrester, but also I have no idea about the USA arrester, if the USA arrest is really an arrester, I think maybe what video shows also an arrester.
they say this is the arrest of an USA carrier

cir

News bulletin by the Information Office of the Ministry of National Defence, PRC:

国防部网北京11月29日电 郑文达报道:11月29日,记者从国防部新闻事务局获悉:今年8月我航母平台顺利完成首次出海试验后,按计划返回船厂继续实施改装和测试,目前已完成有关工作,11月29日再次出海,开展相关科研试验。

中国航母今日再次出海开展相关科研实验——国防部网站

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
News bulletin by the Information Office of the Ministry of National Defence, PRC:

国防部网北京11月29日电 郑文达报道:11月29日,记者从国防部新闻事务局获悉:今年8月我航母平台顺利完成首次出海试验后,按计划返回船厂继续实施改装和测试,目前已完成有关工作,11月29日再次出海,开展相关科研试验。

中国航母今日再次出海开展相关科研实验——国防部网站
Please do not append Chinese links and Chinese newsreport in Chinese.

As you are aware that none understand Chinese here and that none have the time to check it out with Google Translation, which in any case most of the time presents funny translations that are not what is meant in the original script.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles