Let's test ChatGPT.. OpenAI/ChatGPT News, Updates and Discussions

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
how much of the discussion in above few posts above is based on current information and how much of it is assumption based?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Why do you guys expect any development in regards to AI?
IIT until few years ago did not had specialized courses in this field leg alone any tier 2 university.
College don't have ecosystem to do so either everyone is on their way to become the next IT coolie. India despite being IT superpower has way less impact on creative IT and language models.
How many Repository do you see from Indian colleges. MIT has several such libraries they have even created their own language Linux based OS derivatives.
The average Indian IT coolie will spend his life working on pre built modules and routine tasks.

The fact that Indian gov has no will to create its own MAANG ecosystem says all there is to it.

I see no hope so I don't harp about why we don't have this or that?

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Resource for AI in India

indiatester

Country flag

here2where

US companies are strict about their data usage, there is no factor such as statement based on assumption.
Don't believe ask other IT fellas on the forum.

@another_armchair @here2where @indiatester @rone @shade @Kumata
Extremely strict NDAs in place at cost of punitive loss of millions as agreed in the contract.

the IT sweatshops here aren’t gonna put national pride over their bottomlines and provide any kinda backdoor to their client’s data.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Last edited:

another_armchair

Country flag
When I read that Livemint article on AI, the first thought that came to my mind was Vishal Sikka and his ouster from Infy ... and it made me go hmmmm... if only.

Sikka was betting big on AI, ML and pushing hard...

tommy

Not gonna lie there is a slow progress on regards to that.
Even NITs are nurturing kids to create new libraries but still there is no natural momentum.
What kind of libraries are NIT students creating? In core engineering, especially in computational field you will find good libraries created by Ph.D students in the US. I don't see any such thing in India.

The gap seems to be ever increasing.

indiatester

Country flag
Not gonna lie there is a slow progress on regards to that.
Even NITs are nurturing kids to create new libraries but still there is no natural momentum.
The ownership should be at the department/team level. Students at the most have a couple of years where they can contribute. Profs are longer term and them getting some parts done by students would be a far more sustainable model.

SKC

Country flag
The Irony is Indian companies have access to a tremendous amount of US data through our IT outscourcing services in terms of their bank details, purchasing patterns, media usage, etc. These things are processed by our IT industry. But we have not used this to our advantage.
You cannot use that data for your advantage at all.
During the decade of 2010-20, most US and EU companies implemented strong InfoSec policies on their data.
EU data now cannot be stored in any non-EU server at all and you can access it over VDI and VPN only now.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Dis a bot account or real?
Why do they have such weird language?

Concard

Country flag
Wow, the hype train around Chat GPT is making people go insane. I hope people calm the fuck down. This shit is not going to take over your job anytime soon as much as your intelligent pet dog can take over your daily chores. These guys got access to 5th powerful super computer in the world to train their models. That is why their language models are better than the previous ones. Their is nothing intelligent about Chat-GPT. If anything this is going to make people more dumb. When you get information on internet you got to know where it is coming from. Chat-GPT doesn't say where it is coming from other than answering in a Q & A format.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles