LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
what about the proof's i posted directly from usman ansari?even usman shabbir whom was given pass by muradk(paf pilot also member in pdf) to gather info regarding jft

anyway in future whether you agree or not.it is a fact now that jft since prototype 04 has full fbw

once again PAF JFT is based on PT-04..pt-04 is in pac kamra pakistan

Chinese and for export JFT is based on PT-06 is in china.
First ask USMAN ANSARI, what is FULLY RELAXED STABILITY? and then come back.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
First ask USMAN ANSARI, what is FULLY RELAXED STABILITY? and then come back.
before this please provide me a source/statement that Fully relaxed stability is the requirement of 4.5th gen?

anyhow it is now proved that jft already has full fbw onwards pt-04(or since 2005-06) while it entered mass production on june 2009.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
In a fair discussion we should help each other and other visitors who come here to expand their knowledge about the fascinating tech behind each fighter.
No attempt must be made to mislead or laugh off a serious fact like fully relaxed stability platform despite 20 posts on this subject from me. It is not fair.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
before this please provide me a source/statement that Fully relaxed stability is the requirement of 4.5th gen?

anyhow it is now proved that jft already has full fbw onwards pt-04(or since 2005-06) while it entered mass production on june 2009.
So what is the basic qualification for a 4.5 th gen airframe? Fully relaxed , more agile unstable airframe that go with the pilot's desire to control the fighter?or the older stable platforms that try to resist the pilot's effort at maneuvering?

[These types of fighters are flown by the computer according to pilot's wishes .This configuration is the reason that FBW was developed.]
or
The decades old conventional stable flight profile airframe which resists pilots attempt to maneuver it and tries to return back to level flight all the time?FBW here is just an add on.

It simply replaces some hydraulics with electrical pulses and adds some improvement.That's all.It wont make it as agile as an unstable fighter.

Last edited:

navkapu

Country flag
@ersakthivel basic qualification for a 4.5 th gen is

a) Can Drop Bombs
b) Can Launch Missile
c) Replaces some hydraulics with electrical pulses.
d) Is Cool and Awesome and good looking
e) Has good color selection and Paint-job
f) It Should be like kung-fu panda

hehe sorry i could not stop myself ......

So what is the basic qualification for a 4.5 th gen airframe? Fully relaxed , more agile unstable airframe that go with the pilot's desire to control the fighter?or the older stable platforms that try to resist the pilot's effort at maneuvering?

[These types of fighters are flown by the computer according to pilot's wishes .This configuration is the reason that FBW was developed.]
or
The decades old conventional stable flight profile airframe which resists pilots attempt to maneuver it and tries to return back to level flight all the time?FBW here is just an add on.

It simply replaces some hydraulics with electrical pulses and adds some improvement.That's all.It wont make it as agile as an unstable fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
as proved JFT now has full fbw in all axis

or
plzz mention any good design feature like dsi,lerx(levcons in jft 3) and twin ventral fins?why do you think jft is a decades old design?

if i recall the design of lca was assisted by french officially to make something as mirage III/5 because lca was to develop a 3rd gen fighter if i am not wrong

lca is a ordinary tailess compound delta..they should have rather opted for something like gripen and should have denied the french design

onwards jft prototype 4..the fbw was upgraded

that is the reason even under limitation the jft beat f-16 early blocks in performance,m2k and even gripen

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@ersakthivel basic qualification for a 4.5 th gen is

a) Can Drop Bombs
b) Can Launch Missile
c) Replaces some hydraulics with electrical pulses.
d) Is Cool and Awesome and good looking
e) Has good color selection and Paint-job
f) It Should be like kung-fu panda

hehe sorry i could not stop myself ......
certainly the later upgrade of jft 2 onwards 2016 will bring it a true 4.5th generation.
jft 3 from start will be 4.5th generation

The United States Government defines 4.5 generation fighter aircraft as fourth generation jet fighters that have been upgraded with AESA radar, high capacity data-link, enhanced avionics, and "the ability to deploy current and reasonably foreseeable advanced armaments.

Last edited by a moderator:

ice berg

I find those comparing threads rather silly. especially when JF-17 is flying while LCA is yet to achieve IOC. But do carry it on, boys.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I find those comparing threads rather silly. especially when JF-17 is flying while LCA is yet to achieve IOC. But do carry it on, boys.
Sir, JF-17 is only capable of dropping dumb bombs on Terrorists and no stand-of weapon with precision strike capability.
It has no BVR capability as of yet.
The production of JF-17 commenced in 2008 (Link) and it's 2013 now already and 2 squadrons operational (16-17 per squadron), 34 produced in 5 years.

ice berg

Sir, JF-17 is only capable of dropping dumb bombs on Terrorists and no stand-of weapon with precision strike capability.
It has no BVR capability as of yet.
The production of JF-17 commenced in 2008 (Link) and it's 2013 now already and 2 squadrons operational (16-17 per squadron), 34 produced in 5 years.
Pakistan acquires air-launched SOM capability - Jane's Missiles and Rockets

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) officials have disclosed the existence of a new Chinese-developed air-to-surface Stand-Off Missile (SOM) that will equip the PAF's JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft.

The weapon, designated CM-400AKG, is said to be a land-attack variant of the CASIC C-802 (YJ-82) anti-ship missile which has already been integrated on the JF-17. Jane's assesses that 'CM-400AKG' is, therefore, an export label for the CM-802AKG land-attack weapon that was first seen at the November 2010 Air Show China event.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Rather simplistic observation. This says more about difference in standards of the two air forces than the planes themselves.

Pakistan: A few mirage rose, some older versions of F-16 and a few Block-52s

India: Su-30 MKI, Mirage-2000, ig-29 and over 20 dozen Rafales already ordered.

I hope you can see the difference.

Like how China(the co developer) hasn't inducted the JF-17s into PLAAF.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Pakistan acquires air-launched SOM capability - Jane's Missiles and Rockets

The weapon, designated CM-400AKG, is said to be a land-attack variant of the CASIC C-802 (YJ-82) anti-ship missile which has already been integrated on the JF-17. Jane's assesses that 'CM-400AKG' is, therefore, an export label for the CM-802AKG land-attack weapon that was first seen at the November 2010 Air Show China event.
Please compare C-802 and CM-400AKG, totally different missiles.
I dont think CM-400 has been integrated yet with JF-17, may be in future and i still have my doubts with C-802, Sir.

ice berg

Rather simplistic observation. This says more about difference in standards of the two air forces than the planes themselves.

Pakistan: A few mirage rose, some older versions of F-16 and a few Block-52s

India: Su-30 MKI, Mirage-2000, ig-29 and over 20 dozen Rafales already ordered.

I hope you can see the difference.

Like how China(the co developer) hasn't inducted the JF-17s into PLAAF.
It got more to do with budget than "standards".

If money is not a problem then Pakistan airforce will be quite different too.

China and India simply can afford better air crafts which suits their needs better.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It got more to do with budget than "standards".

If money is not a problem then Pakistan airforce will be quite different too.

China and India simply can afford better air crafts which suits their needs better.
And hence your whole argument in post #430 is automatically invalid. :namaste:

ice berg

Please compare C-802 and CM-400AKG, totally different missiles.
I dont think CM-400 has been integrated yet with JF-17, may be in future and i still have my doubts with C-802, Sir.
Well, it is what Janes says. I have problems imagine PA buying those missiles, yet somehow cant integrate them into their fighters.
That will defeat the purpose of buying them in the first place.

ice berg

And hence your whole argument in post #430 is automatically invalid. :namaste:
I dont see the correlation between budget limitations and comparisons of Jf-17 and LCA.

They are different topics.

karna

JFT is said to be a co development of china and pakistan. Can somebody tell me the contribution by each country in to the development.
Especially I would like to know the pakistan technology and instruments integrated in to the bird.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles