LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Does that cause any issues with the fuel feed system of the plane? Like for example, the F-16 has two feeds: AFT/LEFT and FWD/RIGHT, and tanks get emptied first in that order. What sort of feed system does the Tejas have, and will it cause issues like fuel traps/etc
Tejas has 5 fuel points. Lotta flexibility on that regard.

2 x 1000kg fuel + 3x BVR ( 2 mid +1 underbelly )+ 2 CCM + Jammer
Perfectly balanced agile combination.
MWF has dual-underbelly pylon capacity. Tejas can't. I don't know if the dimensions will allow.

That uneven loadout he said would be dual-CCMs × single-BVR × dual-BVR × belly drop-tank × inboard drop-tank × single-BVR × jammer.
Not easy on the eye, but it'll do fine in BVRs with 4 Astras. I suppose it'll jettison the pylons for WVR.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Tejas has 5 fuel points. Lotta flexibility on that regard.

MWF has dual-underbelly pylon capacity. Tejas can't. I don't know if the dimensions will allow.

That uneven loadout he said would be dual-CCMs × single-BVR × dual-BVR × belly drop-tank × inboard drop-tank × single-BVR × jammer.
Not easy on the eye, but it'll do fine in BVRs with 4 Astras. I suppose it'll jettison the pylons for WVR.
I mean, if it looks stupids, but works, then it's not stupid, lol

porky_kicker

Country flag
You recollect wrong, I was always pretty open about being against getting religion & politics involved in this forum. And when they do, they lose control of what someone will say about it when shit-throwing starts.

So?.. If you can shit on someone's political stand, sometime can shit your religion.

Be nice. Noone will insult your precious religion.
you have a bad habit of lying, i remember it well, bec as a rule i never bother with people who are outwardly anti hindu and indulge in same, they are not treacherous , but i take notice of people who do it slyly and with all sorts of excuses

So?.. If you can shit on someone's political stand, sometime can shit your religion.

wow the sense of entitlement and again the sly religious insult

so someone says something on politics which doesn't suit you, then you will insult his religion bec he is a hindu ,
what kind of religious bigot are you ?
or rather which trash religion you belong to that you are so bigoted and fucked up ?

last time
whatever be the provocation be it politics , ideology and whatever , if you drag in my religion in any way, again you and your fucking trash of your religion will get all the trash you and your trash religion deserve

in all my years in forums i never meet a person as bigot and fucked up as you , that says something bec that list includes Islamists,ricebags and all sort of trash, they were way better

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
You recollect wrong, I was always pretty open about being against getting religion & politics involved in this forum. And when they do, they lose control of what someone will say about it when shit-throwing starts.

Laathon ko bhooth baaton se kahan maante hain. You seem to have an itch which is irresistible . Pls go ahead , scratch it & help make our day .

porky_kicker

Country flag
Is this tejas thread?
it was until someone decided that he owned this thread and could indulge in his anti hindu bigotry as it suits him

pretty clever
make few posts relevant to the thread and in between browbeat others and insult their religion needlessly bec they happen to be hindu and he is bitterly hinduphobic

you want it so ?
be my guest
i am done here

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
it was until someone decided that he owned this thread and could indulge in his anti hindu bigotry as it suits him

pretty clever
make few posts relevant to the thread and in between browbeat others and insult their religion needlessly bec they happen to be hindu and he is bitterly hinduphobic

you want it so ?
be my guest
i am done here
Bro , sorry,if I have hurted you,
Actually tejas thread and drdo thread are my fav .
So ।।।

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bro , sorry,if I have hurted you,
Actually tejas thread and drdo thread are my fav .
So ।।।
bro you misunderstood the context

what i meant is i am done with the said issue

i am sorry and i even more sorry bleh turned out to be so, but guess, to get betrayed in our trust is a risk we all face unfortunately

MirageBlue

Country flag
Are those SPJs in the left-most pylons? Also, do the 4 planes except the 2nd from left have Indian made nose cones for AESA radar?
Hard to say. It seems like the same pylon as that on the right hand wing.

All these are Tejas Mk1s are IOC variants from No.45 Squadron, with Cobham built quartz radomes.

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
Hard to say. It seems like the same pylon as that on the right hand wing.

All these are Tejas Mk1s are IOC variants from No.45 Squadron, with Cobham built quartz radomes.
Sir, even the last pylon is confined within the wing, right? But this structure is beyond the wing in all the planes. Also, recently a Mark1A prototype was photographed with grey radome. Hence asked.

standard snowball

Country flag
I have a question

Is there any plan for a dual rack pylon for Astra (ejector launcher) on Tejas mk1a or mk2. like the Pakistani JF 17

DumbPilot

Country flag
Not a bad trailer, but I don't see any sort of detail to actual tactics and communications yet. Top Gun 2 was good in that, but even then the only realistic part was when they go in the valley and talk with the AWACS, other than that most of it was hollywood masala as well. Let's see if this movie will be more realistic or not

Vamsi

Country flag
97 order by year end, if it happens then it's very quick
This is my own guess for the breakup of 97 aircrafts.....89 single seaters + 8 twin seaters

In 1st batch we already have 73 single seaters + 10 twin seater

If we combine the number of 73 from 1st batch & 89 from second batch we get total of 162 single seaters i.e 18 single seaters per squadron for total 9 squadrons
18 × 9 = 162

10 twin seaters from 1st batch + 8 from 2nd batch gives total of 18 trainers = 2 per squadron

this gives 20 per sqn (18 single + 2 twin) , total 9 sqns, and total 180 aircrafts in Mk-1A

If we add 2 Mk-1 sqns total Tejas strength will be 11 sqns, 220 aircrafts

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles