LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

silverghost

Country flag
Nope Rafale and MKI should be purely for eastern front. 80% of Rafale's "india specific enhancements" are "China specific", why waste it on porkies.
We have 60+ Mig29UPG. Just get them Uttam AESA and some tiny EW upgrades and they will rip apart j10C .
What is the source of this confidence in Mig 29? We are witnessing the Russia - Ukraine war, both sides have Mig 29s. Ukraine's 38 odd Mig 29's are mentioned in the past tense which means a majority of them have been shot down. Russia prefers to use aircraft other than Mig 29. Am I missing something or our aviation tactics with Mig 29 is that superior to either Russia or Ukraine?

NutCracker

Country flag
What is the source of this confidence in Mig 29? We are witnessing the Russia - Ukraine war, both sides have Mig 29s. Ukraine's 38 odd Mig 29's are mentioned in the past tense which means a majority of them have been shot down. Russia prefers to use aircraft other than Mig 29. Am I missing something or our aviation tactics with Mig 29 is that superior to either Russia or Ukraine?
You have to first think how Ukrainian jets were shot down. Was it A2A or SAM. Does Pakistan have something equivalent to Russian S400. Also had Ukraine upgraded its Mig29 with AESA radar and EW suite as I am suggesting.

Russia has 3 times more Flankers than Mig29. Flankers are better than Mig29 in the plains of Ukraine-Russia conflict zone. Mig29 with its superior T/W ratio shines in hilly terrain , that's why it is being moved at J&K and Ladakh territory.

Last edited:

DumbPilot

Country flag
1.Aesa radar
2. Modern rwr
3. Modern spj
4. Better bvr
6. Same ccm ( as asraam will be integrated)
Ah I thought that he meant the F16 BLOCK 52 in general which the USAF operates.

If we are comparing it with the Pakistani F16, I don't have much doubts about that.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Ukrainian Mig-29s are a joke. Few of them had pulse doppler radars, and the most of them were trainers with no FCR to begin with. Comparison with even non-updated UPGs is preposterous. They are target practice even for our Type 69 Bisons.

binayak95

Country flag
Its a fantastic airframe. Kinetically speaking its excellent in all regimes.

the UPG as it stands in the IAF already has a pretty good EW suite. Combine that with IAF's penchant for mixing weapon types, stands to reason we will eventually see Uttam AESA with Astra. A return to form for the MiG29

DumbPilot

Country flag
Its a fantastic airframe. Kinetically speaking its excellent in all regimes.

the UPG as it stands in the IAF already has a pretty good EW suite. Combine that with IAF's penchant for mixing weapon types, stands to reason we will eventually see Uttam AESA with Astra. A return to form for the MiG29
Reminds me of this.

Once we get this MiG-29 thing underway, it would be time to reintroduce what is the actual meaning of terror again.

1693056699740.png

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Along with that it would be facing The JFs too, its not like only the tejas mk1a will be operating on the western front, also what option do we have until mk2 and amca? buy rafales for 20billion dollars?
It will be used in quick response against any aggression,just like the mig21s which are currently used for.
Irrespective of the capabilities,it will be the first to engage enemy aircrafts once deployed at the frontline.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles