LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

johnj

Is there so much difference between Tejas Mk1 FOC and Mk1A?
Yes, its like mki vs super sukhoi, and around 10mil $ difference, and capable of taking full advantage of meteor class aam, if available
Also better arrangement of LRU, better and easy maintenance, advanced ccm, advanced bvr, spj, etc

johnj

This is Government's failure. Government should have pushed up LCA to IAF and IAF should have been directed to use LCA for making up depleting squadron strength.
Yes, insisted of going after MMRCA UPA gov should have considered fixing and arming LCA, and ordered around 120 aircraft

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Yes, insisted of going after MMRCA UPA gov should have considered fixing and arming LCA, and ordered around 120 aircraft
Should have?
They had no money for 126MMRCA, that's what they said in the parliament.
LCA in UPA era was an orphan child which no one wanted even under severe deficiency in capabilities in the forces.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Yes, its like mki vs super sukhoi, and around 10mil $ difference, and capable of taking full advantage of meteor class aam, if available
Also better arrangement of LRU, better and easy maintenance, advanced ccm, advanced bvr, spj, etc
Then SP26, which is current Mk1 FOC in service, is Mk1A equivalent? Or is that more of a base version of the Mk1A technology?

This also explains a low amount of Tejas Mk1 orders if it has been designated a frontline fighter and still lacks quite a bit of electronics and weapon delivery capabilities. I am guessing with Tejas Mk1A, the order book will balloon if it does satisfy the correct requirements

johnj

Then SP26, which is current Mk1 FOC in service, is Mk1A equivalent? Or is that more of a base version of the Mk1A technology?

This also explains a low amount of Tejas Mk1 orders if it has been designated a frontline fighter and still lacks quite a bit of electronics and weapon delivery capabilities. I am guessing with Tejas Mk1A, the order book will balloon if it does satisfy the correct requirements
Yes and true

DumbPilot

Country flag
Yes and true
So then there is literally assured guarantee of Tejas Mk1A. And assuming the correct folks learn from the Tejas Mk1 issues with weapon/electronics, then if Mk2 has the correct trajectory, it should be inducted right away too?

johnj

So then there is literally assured guarantee of Tejas Mk1A. And assuming the correct folks learn from the Tejas Mk1 issues with weapon/electronics, then if Mk2 has the correct trajectory, it should be inducted right away too?
Hard to predict., a lots of uncertainty, if BJP lose in 2024, then we can except a lots of deviations
But my best guess under current conditions, Once mk2 enter LSP, it enter mass production stage with in 3.5 years
In LSP stage 4/8 + 8 then 16+16+16+....... additional 8 jets for export/emergency if need arise
I don't see any major issues currently, of course there is a small delay due to mk1a[2 versions],and mk2 rollout happen in 2024/2025

TopWatcher

Country flag
Hard to predict., a lots of uncertainty, if BJP lose in 2024, then we can except a lots of deviations
But my best guess under current conditions, Once mk2 enter LSP, it enter mass production stage with in 3.5 years
In LSP stage 4/8 + 8 then 16+16+16+....... additional 8 jets for export/emergency if need arise
I don't see any major issues currently, of course there is a small delay due to mk1a[2 versions],and mk2 rollout happen in 2024/2025
If Modi looses , LCA will go into trash.

kamaal

Country flag
More order will only be given once MK1A is tested properly, otherwise there will be another mid life upgradation into MK1B with new sensors to attract more LCAs.

I expect more order once IAF fully deploys 1st squadron of MK1A and tests it with other jets. Remember MK1A has always been a stop gap for them, IAF never was fully satisfied with them, lot depends on MK1A's performance in coming days.

Articles