LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

abingdonboy

Country flag
UK is more reliable partner ? What is deference between UK and usa ? UK is a state of USA .
India will be able to exert more influence over the U.K. in the coming years besides the US has very fickle policies.

of course the only only truly reliable partner in the West for india has been France (even Isreal and Japan can’t be counted in thanks to US influences)

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ if you were to order ~300 or so LCA (MK1/1/A/2), 90+ TEDBF, 120+ AMCA, 300+ IMRH, 400+++ LUH etc you’d create quite a considerable ‘ lobby’ of your own (much of them being private players) pushing for IDDM because they all get a slice of the pie.

getting away from imports isn’t easy because the users fight it every step of the way but once a certain threshold is reached the momentum will swing this way. Just have to make sure all of the the above projects sees the light of day and in forecast numbers. There’s going to be a LOT of noise to scrap all of them in the next 5-10 years

Anibesh acharya

India will be able to exert more influence over the U.K. in the coming years besides the US has very fickle policies.

of course the only only truly reliable partner in the West for india has been France (even Isreal and Japan can’t be counted in thanks to US influences)
UK ll defy USA led sanctions, if that's what you fear ? Lol ... Let labour govt come to power , All these delusions ll be cleared . USA ll value india for some years to come , for multiple reasons . So no reason to worry as of now . Only way forward is to develop own engine with IP rights , which ll take some time .

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Joke is on the FA 50. Yet to fire a single bloody BVRAAM. Does the FA 50 even have a HMDS yet? If Tejas Mk1A is experimental so is FA-50 Block 20.
You really need to stop being so harsh on Indian products. Beggars like Malaysians can't be choosers. The two front-runners to their jet repalcement program are almost above budget for them despite being so called "experimental aircraft".
My post is not about technical capabilities of any aircraft but about sale challenges for Tejas.
Lot of things go in sale of military hardware to third country but having a finished product is the basic number 1 requirement.
Just look at Navy trails for SH and Rafale-M. Both Boeing and Dassault came with complete operational product for trails and not proposed design.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
My post is not about technical capabilities of any aircraft but about sale challenges for Tejas.
Lot of things go in sale of military hardware to third country but having a finished product is the basic number 1 requirement.
Just look at Navy trails for SH and Rafale-M. Both Boeing and Dassault came with complete operational product for trails and not proposed design.
SH never flown from an operational STOBAR carrier. Rafale-M can't even fold its wings. Both are experimental w.r.t. INS Vikrant.
MiG-29K was something IN paid to develop, meaning it was an experimental aircraft when it was purchased by IN. Same with Su-30MKI that didn't have canards when IAF asked for it and bought it.
This nonsense about "experimental designs" is unwarranted. Malaysians are free to go for MiG-29 if they want "operational aircraft only".
None of the offerings that fit Malaysian requirements are "finished products". Deal with it. We don't got to put down Tejas because its not "finished". Currently, its far more mature than the FA-50.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
SH never flown from an operational STOBAR carrier. Rafale-M can't even fold its wings. Both are experimental w.r.t. INS Vikrant.
But they have demonstrated actual take-off, landing and flight operations from Navy's shore based test facility with actual payload. Both aircraft are also operational in their intended roles.
MiG-29K was something IN paid to develop, meaning it was an experimental aircraft when it was purchased by IN. Same with Su-30MKI that didn't have canards when IAF asked for it and bought it.
Mig-29K was a mistake and IN has realized that. Even though INS Vikrant was designed keeping Mig-29K in mind, IN doesn't wants to induct any need aircraft looking at the myriad of problem Mig-29K faced.
This shows you the mentality of IAF and IN that they will pay money to other countries to get the experimental product developed but will not accept Indian product.
This nonsense about "experimental designs" is unwarranted. Malaysians are free to go for MiG-29 if they want "operational aircraft only".
As I earlier said : Lot of things go in sale of military hardware to third country but having a finished product is the basic number 1 requirement.
Will you pay for a mobile or TV or car that is still in R&D and you never know if it will reach mass market.
None of the offerings that fit Malaysian requirements are "finished products". Deal with it. We don't got to put down Tejas because its not "finished". Currently, its far more mature than the FA-50.
Yes, None of the offerings that fit Malaysian requirements hence it all comes down to sales skill of Modi government.
And Yes I Modi government as combat aircraft sales can only be facilitated by government.

NutCracker

Country flag
Will you pay for a mobile or TV or car that is still in R&D and you never know if it will reach mass market..
Wrong example.
Situation is more like..

Is car manufacturer himself gonna use the same car to drive his family around.

Answer is YES

We will use Uttam only in future,
we already using Russian zero zero ejection seats on sukhois and Mugs.

Only issue is probe, but KA50 also doesn't have that let alone BVR capability.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Who told you that India is not using Tejas in its fleet? Already two Squadrons of Tejas MK-1 are Operational in IAF. Search up Squadron Flying Daggers and Squadron Flying Bullets.

I have not understood your meaning of "you yourself don't use it". If you can elaborate on this a bit further then it will be very much appreciated.

The people who are interested in the product know more about who is a fool or a moron.
There's two squadrons of Mk1 that are in what airbases? Sulur, far from any potential combat zone. Replaced the MiG21 all the way in Tamil Nadu, yet the combat zones on the border are still with Mig21s. It's seriously embarrassing. And I don't know how to make it any clearer. I have a product I want to sell you. It will do your job better, hell it can do my job better, but I'm not using it. Why aren't I using it? I don't want to tell you, but it can do your job better than anything else on the market, just trust me.

It's seriously embarrassing man. I've been following the Tejas saga since 2008 from Bharat Rakshak. It feels like in 14 years, literally nothing has changed except a few planes made here-and-there. Now people want to "be prod" of exporting it when there's hardly any domestic squadrons? It's a joke.

This is some unwarranted and unsubstantiated criticism for a country that has a flying aircraft and matured understanding of aerodynamics and integration software and so many other things. Why is mk2 a failure? Export focus is premature but it could be good publicity for down the line. Show me another country that has done this with pea sized budget and barely existing industry supply chain?
Show you for what purpose? Brazil already manufactures a totally domestic jet, the Embraer. Stop making excuses. Seriously. Put the heat on your policy makers to up the ante and make some actual progress, because quite frankly, it's embarrassing.

Titanium tikki being made for AMCA nothingburger:-

View attachment 171941

Shuturmurg

Country flag
There's two squadrons of Mk1 that are in what airbases? Sulur, far from any potential combat zone. Replaced the MiG21 all the way in Tamil Nadu, yet the combat zones on the border are still with Mig21s. It's seriously embarrassing. And I don't know how to make it any clearer. I have a product I want to sell you. It will do your job better, hell it can do my job better, but I'm not using it. Why aren't I using it? I don't want to tell you, but it can do your job better than anything else on the market, just trust me.

It's seriously embarrassing man. I've been following the Tejas saga since 2008 from Bharat Rakshak. It feels like in 14 years, literally nothing has changed except a few planes made here-and-there. Now people want to "be prod" of exporting it when there's hardly any domestic squadrons? It's a joke.

Show you for what purpose? Brazil already manufactures a totally domestic jet, the Embraer. Stop making excuses. Seriously. Put the heat on your policy makers to up the ante and make some actual progress, because quite frankly, it's embarrassing.
Does Tejas mk1 even have any air to air missile integrated ?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
But they have demonstrated actual take-off, landing and flight operations from Navy's shore based test facility with actual payload. Both aircraft are also operational in their intended roles.

Mig-29K was a mistake and IN has realized that. Even though INS Vikrant was designed keeping Mig-29K in mind, IN doesn't wants to induct any need aircraft looking at the myriad of problem Mig-29K faced.
This shows you the mentality of IAF and IN that they will pay money to other countries to get the experimental product developed but will not accept Indian product.

As I earlier said : Lot of things go in sale of military hardware to third country but having a finished product is the basic number 1 requirement.
Will you pay for a mobile or TV or car that is still in R&D and you never know if it will reach mass market.

Yes, None of the offerings that fit Malaysian requirements hence it all comes down to sales skill of Modi government.
And Yes I Modi government as combat aircraft sales can only be facilitated by government.
Oh please! Demonstrating landings at SBTF doesn't make it equivalent to a STOBAR capable aircraft like NLCA. Yeah, NLCA is much less of an experimental aircraft for STOBAR operation than Super Fcuking Hornet. Want to go down this "finished product" rabit hole some more?
Foreign companies (including the American ones that you worship) pitch "experimental aircraft" all the time" Remember the F-21? And they are unapologetic about it.
We pitched our jet to other countries, get over it. We will continue to do this every chance we get. Tejas success or failure isn't determined by exports either.
Only downside of export is that some vested interest will use any opportunity to sling mud at Tejas if the Malaysians are even slightly inconvenienced. But that is also part and parcel of the defence export business so best get used to it (although I prefer to take on that challenge after IAF stops giving stepfatherly treatment to Indian jets).

Does Tejas mk1 even have any air to air missile integrated ?

jai jaganath

Country flag

Yeah bro Brazil does it but they don't make any 4+ or 4.5 gen aircrafts which us way more critical than transport planes and ground attack planes
Expecting export when u r competing fa-50 is not bad as its far more superior than it if decision going other way round either they are being offered better kickbacks or better foreign policy than us

jai jaganath

Country flag

I want to just clarify the point of proven jets that iaf want
When we procured mig-21 it wasn't proven
Su-30mki wasn't proven
Jaguars wasn't proven
Many other Soviet fighter like mig-27, etc wasn't proven

NutCracker

Country flag
Foreign companies (including the American ones that you worship) pitch "experimental aircraft" all the time" Remember the F-21? And they are unapologetic about it.
We pitched our jet to other countries, get over it. We will continue to do this every chance we get. Tejas success or failure isn't determined by exports either.
not only pitching f-21 , but shamelessly pitched f-16 , Gripen C/D in MMRCA and Gripen E for MMRCA2.

Also IAF clowns don't bash them in random interviews because🤑, but have guts to discredit MK2 by calling it LCA2.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles