LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

vishnugupt

Country flag
So , good sir are you a airforce pilot ?
Dont your terms of service restrict you from joining public forums like this?
This apply only if you are a poor foot soldier and not obeying bada saab.

If your father is one of UN Generals then nothing apply on you. You are free to enjoy your rides.

Have you ever heard IAF punished or demoted pilot?? IAF run by Carrom board warriors.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Suspected case of senior RMAF officers getting commissions to select Korean FA 50 Over Tejas has come into light.

Everything is an rumour right now. If this news has been true, peedeefff would have lightened up. I checked mainstream Malaysian media for news. Idrw do not even have sources among our MoD. They definitely do have sources with. Malaysian mod.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I guess it's an interesting thought. Why is IAF goign with GE engine? Why not manufacture the Mk1A that is being done and then do Mk1b with a M88 to make parts easier to make and improve supply? Mk2 and Mk2a etc will be incremental improvements but they need the Mk1As first

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Tejas has higher chances than Korean jet. Some politics going on but Tejas has all the makings of a winner.

NutCracker

Country flag
I guess it's an interesting thought. Why is IAF goign with GE engine? Why not manufacture the Mk1A that is being done and then do Mk1b with a M88 to make parts easier to make and improve supply?
Too underpowered. Not enough wet thirst.

silverghost

Country flag
Sorry in very light sense
Hal ka klpd ho gaya
Itna advertise kiya, palm oil keliye mou kiya, cmd media me chilaya
Par fir bhi har gaye
Atleast Koreans were silent and were working rigorously and showed who is more powerful when it comes to dealing and forcing own terms on other
We must learn from them
Now we have to handle humiliation in sm also
Kya bakchodi life hai
Again sorry for writing in this language
Now that they have no distractions HAL can now concentrate on delivering the Mk1A's to IAF faster.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Wait for OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION before jumping up and down for either a Tejas victory or going overboard with sadness for a FA-50 victory.

As things stand, there is too much conflicting stuff going on. But there is absolutely no doubt that the FA-50 is a tough contender, not because it is a better jet than the Tejas (Tejas is far superior) but because the FA-50 has a very mature and robust ground training set up which KAI has honed for well over a decade. That includes the ground sims, desktop sims, training syllabus, etc.

And this LCA competition is for a LIFT, which requires more of an emphasis on training, with a secondary fighter ability including all aspects of multi-role missions, including BVRAAM integration (where FA-50 has none). When the multi-role capabilities are counted, the Tejas Mk1A will stand head and shoulders above the FA-50.

However, we need a replacement for the Litening pod as well, which is closely integrated with the Tejas Mk1. Same with DASH HMDS. All that requires time for replacements to be offered. HAL might have proposed some options from Thales in their place.

DumbPilot

Country flag
So , good sir are you a airforce pilot ?
Dont your terms of service restrict you from joining public forums like this?
No, I'm in 2nd year of college right now :)

I'm hoping to give the CDSE exam in the future and get into the Air Force. Planes have always been a passion for me, and nothing better than flying and getting paid for it!

I don't know about the IAF but I think they don't have such terms of service. I am friends with a pilot from the US Navy and a guy who flies F-16s in the Europe, and as long as they don't say anything which they can't say, it's alright

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I guess it's an interesting thought. Why is IAF goign with GE engine? Why not manufacture the Mk1A that is being done and then do Mk1b with a M88 to make parts easier to make and improve supply? Mk2 and Mk2a etc will be incremental improvements but they need the Mk1As first
1. IAF didn't chose the engine but ADA and HAL etc.

2. M88 wasn't proven when GE was chosen. GE F414 is a proven and better engine with more thrust that M88 doesn't have.

3. No one knew if we will be getting Rafale or not until the order were finalised and that was too late .

4. Probably we are going to work on a 110-125 kn class engine with Safran that will be based on m88 core that can be a replacement for Rafale too if dimensions fall in the correct place.

Do they really need mk1a... Probably yes but that's because beggars can't be choser in this case.

Mk2 is of more importance right now because that's the minimum capability they will need against an F-16 J-10 combo of PAF.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
It is a point to note that Tejas still hasn't been pitched in an active combat zone.
Rafale was inducted after Tejas has seen some action in Ladakh recently but Tejas still flies from its home base in Banglore.
This fact itself reduces its prospects of exports.
IAF needs to pitch Tejas at the frontiers and also do aggressive marketing.

omaebakabaka

I'm hoping to give the CDSE exam in the future and get into the Air Force. Planes have always been a passion for me, and nothing better than flying and getting paid for it!

I don't know about the IAF but I think they don't have such terms of service. I am friends with a pilot from the US Navy and a guy who flies F-16s in the Europe, and as long as they don't say anything which they can't say, it's alright
]
For a pilot, isn't NDA the only way? I don't remember for sure anymore.....

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
This is what the Tejas will offer in contrast to the South Korean FA 50.

1663136884263.png

Add mid-air refueling capability and AESA radar of the Tejas which the FA 50 lacks.

However, out of 10 world-class LCAs, Aerobridge has graded the FA 50 as the number 1 LCA while Tejas takes 2nd spot. Criteria not known.

But I'm sure there's some hanky-panky going on in Malaysia to select the FA 50 over the Tejas which is far cheaper and has more bang for the buck. However, Malaysia's finance ministry has rejected the FA 50 as it is over what has been budgeted for the procurement of these fighters.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

View attachment 171554
Add mid-air refueling capability and AESA radar of the Tejas which the FA 50 lacks.

However, out of 10 world-class LCAs, Aerobridge has graded the FA 50 as the number 1 LCA while Tejas takes 2nd spot. Criteria not known.

But I'm sure there's some hanky-panky going on in Malaysia to select the FA 50 over the Tejas which is far cheaper and has more bang for the buck. However, Malaysia's finance ministry has rejected the FA 50 as it is over what has been budgeted for the procurement of these fighters.
Sir, its the other way around. FA-50 offer to Malaysia is costlier than Tejas offer. So despite FA-50 being costlier and less capable than Tejas, there is a push to select it over Tejas.

Although we don't know the authenticity of this source:-

Immanuel

Country flag

God speed future airman, hopefully you can make your nation and family proud. Make sure to work hard on physical fitness, G-Force training regimen is intense and exhausting. We may have differences in opinion in earlier posts but I support your quest to serve wholeheartedly.

I'll pray for you.

vidhwanshak

Country flag

View attachment 171554

The day IAF scrambles Tejas to deter the Pakistanis, It will mark Tejas as combat proven thereby increasing its export potential.

Infact, Pakistanis drone flying near the Punjab, Rajasthan Gujrant border would be its first kills.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Sir, its the other way around. FA-50 offer to Malaysia is costlier than Tejas offer. So despite FA-50 being costlier and less capable than Tejas, there is a push to select it over Tejas.

Although we don't know the authenticity of this source:-

This is exactly what I mentioned, buddy!! Sleaze money by the Malaysian officials has resulted in the selection of the FA 50 over the Tejas. But the Malaysian finance ministry has rejected this being higher than what's budgeted. Tejas ticks all the right boxes! So there's still hope for our Tejas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles