LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Where it was updated? i think the refueling probe was like one of the requirements by the FAA
No further updates on our as of now, this should take some time... I'll adjust when something is known .

Russia's sanctions aren't going anywhere

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
I am eagerly waiting for UTTAM AESA Radar to come out so that we can fit it in our Tejas. Even MBDA has agreed that they will be ready to Integrate Meteor in Tejas provided it has an Indian Radar (in this case : UTTAM Aesa).

If Tejas Gets Astra MK-1, MK-2 than it will be more than enough to successfully Tackle entire PAF fleet of Jets (i.e F-16s ,JF-17s, Mirages etc)

Also Brahmos NG on Tejas will be a force to be reckoned with! Tejas with Brahmos might prove to be a very effective and cheap Anti-Ship platform for countries like Small countries like Vietnam, Malaysia etc.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I am eagerly waiting for UTTAM AESA Radar to come out so that we can fit it in our Tejas. Even MBDA has agreed that they will be ready to Integrate Meteor in Tejas provided it has an Indian Radar (in this case : UTTAM Aesa).

If Tejas Gets Astra MK-1, MK-2 than it will be more than enough to successfully Tackle entire PAF fleet of Jets (i.e F-16s ,JF-17s, Mirages etc)

Also Brahmos NG on Tejas will be a force to be reckoned with! Tejas with Brahmos might prove to be a very effective and cheap Anti-Ship platform for countries like Small countries like Vietnam, Malaysia etc.
Astra 1 can be fired from elta 2032 too

Tejas is better than jf17 already said by the iaf chief itself
We don't need meteor for now ,as we will have Astra mk2 and sfdr based bvr within 5 years

Tejas was tested agnaist f16😁....it was good ...in some

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
OK, launching from jet like I hawk ?? ig that can be helpful
Theoretically yes, but practically no good will come out of it.
India vs Pakistan or PRC airspace will be contested and using shuck slow aircraft will endanger the crew especially with lack of decent EW Suite.
UCAVs are better suited for this role.

Super Flanker

Banned
Theoretically yes, but practically no good will come out of it.
India vs Pakistan or PRC airspace will be contested and using shuck slow aircraft will endanger the crew especially with lack of decent EW Suite.
UCAVs are better suited for this role.
UAVs like Turkish Bayraktar type will be useful Against Ground based units like Tanks, Transport trucks etc.

In a war with Pakistan, 1st of all we will need to knock out PAF Completely. After that we will need to conduct SEAD missions to Destroy enemy SAMs and after that only it will be Best time to send UCAV's.

Super Flanker

Banned
Astra 1 can be fired from elta 2032 too

Tejas is better than jf17 already said by the iaf chief itself
We don't need meteor for now ,as we will have Astra mk2 and sfdr based bvr within 5 years

Tejas was tested agnaist f16😁....it was good ...in some
What is your "Proof" that Astra MK-1 can be fired by Tejas having Israeli Elta Radar?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
UAVs like Turkish Bayraktar type will be useful Against Ground based units like Tanks, Transport trucks etc.

In a war with Pakistan, 1st of all we will need to knock out PAF Completely. After that we will need to conduct SEAD missions to Destroy enemy SAMs and after that only it will be Best time to send UCAV's.
Achieving total air-dominance over Pakistan is not possible in a short conflict.
PRC can keep on supplying Pakistan AD and aerial hardware.
Best we can do is achieve temporary air-dominance when our strike package is out for an operation.

flanker99

Country flag
Achieving total air-dominance over Pakistan is not possible in a short conflict.
PRC can keep on supplying Pakistan AD and aerial hardware.
Best we can do is achieve temporary air-dominance when our strike package is out for an operation.
If we can achieve air dominance over POK we can cut off supply routes to pakistan from china however i do believe that any war with pakistan will include china getting involved.
Our best bet is pakistan doing a harakiri or as bad as it sounds china invading taiwan

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If we can achieve air dominance over POK we can cut off supply routes to pakistan from china however i do believe that any war with pakistan will include china getting involved.
Our best bet is pakistan doing a harakiri or as bad as it sounds china invading taiwan
Problem with POK is its that its geography makes is near impossible to monitor airspace or AD deployments.
Valleys creates pockets for AD system deployments and with AWACS deployment it is an formidable treat.
Valleys will also provide cover for low flying aircraft of PAF.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles