LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Roland55

Country flag
If you know me, you know how i love images of TD-1/2 and LSP-1, this is from Jane's

sure its a bit known, but i have to say im a bit dubious about something...

i have collected around 2000-3000 images of Tejas, and i can surely say, i never saw a single image of it carrying a rocket pod...I've seen models with them in ads, but never an image of a test or something around that.
I know wiki gives a citation to "Aviation Week & Space Technology Vol 173 No 40" but i haven't been able to find it, ill be more than happy to share if i eventually get it.

Covfefe

Country flag
How would one verify that?
Debris of Paki AIM120s fell on the Indian side and showcased by IAF. Given the range of these missiles in the public domain, and the radar image of the air battle it's certain that the F16s firing them were within the engagement range. Either the Pakis had to point away the nose preemptively before the missiles seeker could kick in, or that it was jammed, or that the Sukhois outmaneuvered the missiles. Jamming seeks the likely option as they have used similar tactics of Su+Mig combination in their exercises with American air force.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If you know me, you know how i love images of TD-1/2 and LSP-1, this is from Jane's

sure its a bit known, but i have to say im a bit dubious about something...

i have collected around 2000-3000 images of Tejas, and i can surely say, i never saw a single image of it carrying a rocket pod...I've seen models with them in ads, but never an image of a test or something around that.
I know wiki gives a citation to "Aviation Week & Space Technology Vol 173 No 40" but i haven't been able to find it, ill be more than happy to share if i eventually get it.
We abandoned rockets on jets post 2000. Last fitted by Mig-21Bis at Kargil War.

Roland55

Country flag
We abandoned rockets on jets post 2000. Last fitted by Mig-21Bis at Kargil War.
Thank you so much for clarifying that, but i must ask, in the case of an export user asking for them there wouldn't be a lot of issues certificating their use, right? (lets say, Hydra 70, or LAU-10 zuni, or even the russian S-8s)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Thank you so much for clarifying that, but i must ask, in the case of an export user asking for them there wouldn't be a lot of issues certificating their use, right? (lets say, Hydra 70, or LAU-10 zuni, or even the russian S-8s)
I think not, but rockets have fallen out of use... even on attack helos.

karn

Country flag
Maybe gas from the rocket ...if it goes into the intake can cause issues. In anycaee pgms are better than unguided rockets.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
will we make a atgm that can be launched from fighter jet ??
We can but what good will come from it?
ATGMS have a very short range and will put the fighter jet in harm's way.
Acquiring target from high altitude will cause issues.
Cost of jet flight will be more than the cost of destroyed tank.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
#TejasMk1

where I "discuss" some "interesting issues" ,

on Tejas Mk1 with our "esteemed","knowledgeable professor ProdyutDas"

Who"writes" , "highly informative " articles on Tejas

in "vayu Aerospace", whose editorial board , filled with "similaraerodynamic genius" like our Das,

Hilarious reading folks,

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
The folks at Vayu aerospace, who gave him space in their magazine

to the "professor" fr his as usual zero fact based critique on Tejas mk2

Must be "deemed"to hv the level of "intelligence', "aerodynamic knowledge" , and "integrity" as our "esteemed" "professor Prodyut das "

I see "professor" is mostly interested in useless monologues in vayu articles,

which were not based on even a single fact.

he just dodges, swims below radar,

evades detection like a stealth fighter ,

when asked some pertinent questions,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles