LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Pauli's Defence Capability Exclusion principle- you can either blame the developer for not developing and delivering properly, or the buyer for not placing correct orders. But you cannot pinpoint the exact position of the culprit responsible for lack of capability 😌
Beautifully written! And actually a very accurate description of the sorry state of our defence preparedness.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
for ppl it is easy to criticize HAL , no one seem to look at AF which is not placing orders for lch yet,83mk1a deal sign was also delayed by a year
Here more than UNAF , I think the govt is to blame for allowing only orders for 10 LCH citing lack of funds. They keep funds for foreign maal to play so called military procurement diplomacy

dumdumdum

Country flag
As I understand as per Indranil's updated 2 remaining FOC + 8 FOC Trainers will be delivered in next few weeks. Lets assume they get delivered by June/July. Also as per MK1A contract 1st MK1A will be delivered in 36 months of signing the contract. i.e. by Feb 2024. So between June/July 2022 to Feb 2024 i.e. for nearly 20 months IAF won't get any new Tejas?

dumdumdum

Country flag
Nope , only few modifications above foc standard , maybe radar , and few electronics not totally mk1a standard
Thanks for clarification. But that is still 10 in 20 months on a production line that is reasonably optimized by now. What I mean is for a change there seems to have been good slack built into 83 MK1A as against over promise under deliver?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles