LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well, i also think it could be a nice purchase (tejas mk.1A, or even something like BrahMos), but for the time being...we kinda have to wait until all formal offers (Tejas, Mig-35, JF-17 and whatever the US is offering), are placed and one of them is picked. That could take some time...
Tenders can be a bummer. I don't know whether you got connections to your government, but if you can convince them to pay with rare earths instead of $$, I am pretty sure all the bidders would be 10x more interested and will do everything to get the contract 😁 .

Malaysia is offering payments in the form of palm oil exports and we consume A LOT of it.

Roland55

Country flag
Tenders can be a bummer. I don't know whether you got connections to your government, but if you can convince them to pay with rare earths instead of $$, I am pretty sure all the bidders would be 10x more interested and will do everything to get the contract 😁 .

Malaysia is offering payments in the form of palm oil exports and we consume A LOT of it.
Sadly not, although my best advice would be that India should push Tejas as much as they can, and also offer a good financing program, since thats essentially the main thing keeping every option i named with high consideration.

Whitecollar

Country flag
A stupid question from my end:
If F414 has almost same dimensions as a F404, why can't we use a Derated F414(with slightly higher wet thrust than F404) in MK1A hence further streamlining our engine spare commonality??

Covfefe

Country flag
A stupid question from my end:
If F414 has almost same dimensions as a F404, why can't we use a Derated F414(with slightly higher wet thrust than F404) in MK1A hence further streamlining our engine spare commonality??
Airflow requirements are significantly higher plus F414 has higher weight. So redesigning of air flow inlet and fuselage based in increased engine weight. This has been discussed by our enthusiasts here

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Well. Someone decided to.talk comparing 17 to Tejas. And not the Sukhois or F16s.

Moreover in PDF idiots are claiming they are getting J10C in June 2022 😂😂
didn't compare su30 with jf17 mate. gave an stat countering your "jf17 1 2 ki quantity tejas mk1 se zaada hai toh uska advantage milega". we don't need to worry and we have to pump up tejas production.
ek chiz ki argument hai toh uspe reh. i didn't said anything about quantity earlier. single aircraft vs single aircraft. fair comparison kar.
just because jf 17 can fire a bvr doesn't mean it's better than tejas. bhot factors hote hai.

indiatester

Country flag
https://pib.gov.in/PressReleseDetailm.aspx?PRID=1783420
MIG-21 Aircraft
Posted On: 20 DEC 2021 3:04PM by PIB Delhi

Tejas is not being inducted as a replacement of MIG-21 fighter aircraft, but as a part of modernisation of IAF. Amount spent so far on the manufacture of 24 LCA Tejas delivered till 30.09.2021 is Rs 6,653 crore. Considering the contract with HAL by IAF, a total of 123 Tejas fighter aircraft are to be manufactured. Further production depends upon requirement for Indian Defence Services/export to customers.

This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Shri Brijlal in Rajya Sabha today.

Photon

Country flag
MIG-21 Aircraft

Tejas is not being inducted as a replacement of MIG-21 fighter aircraft, but as a part of modernisation of IAF. Amount spent so far on the manufacture of 24 LCA Tejas delivered till 30.09.2021 is Rs 6,653 crore. Considering the contract with HAL by IAF, a total of 123 Tejas fighter aircraft are to be manufactured. Further production depends upon requirement for Indian Defence Services/export to customers.

This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Shri Brijlal in Rajya Sabha today.

Now sure Gripen lobby in BJP hardworking to eliminating the possibility of MK-2 arrival in global market

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
MIG-21 Aircraft

Government of India and parliamentary standing committee on defence are two different institutions, their views need not be the same.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
not necessarily, its an audit so it’s subjective. Sometimes preconceived notions slip thru in an audit.
Ya'll Nibbiars I still have trust in the current ACM and will definitely fund the MWF and also induct it's. As far as I knew the service record was clean.

daya

Country flag
Jo IAF ke officers chahenge wo ho jaayega, bas defence secretary aur jo committe hai acquisition wali uska IAS chairman, favour me hona chahiye.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles