LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Atleast 150 MK1As needed for both fronts. Flying heavy twin engine Su30s for regular CAP is way too costly. Chipping in little birds(having relatively good AESA) can really ease annual cost factor of IAF.
MK1A Suffers from Range limitation. I would like as many as MK2 to be inducted. They can roughly match MKI in range and replace MKI in many roles. It has a massive 6+ tons of Payload. With State of art EWs, Top class radar and BVRS, it can match anything in Chinese inventory except in WVR fights where twin engine TVC fighters will have a natural advantage but with AESA mounted on moving assembly and WVR missile Python 5, it will be able to do well in WVR combat as well. With top class EW, it will do well in WVR combat as well. If we can bring something like SPECTRA in MK2, it will become the Baap of any single engine fighter. After initial orders of few aircraft, I would like MK2 to be atleast frontal stealth. If we are able to put 70+/110 KN kaveri, this will become a highly deadly medium weight fighter. If 110 KN kaveri comes with TVC, it will be game over for Pakis and Chinkis. If Meteor is integrated, it will be a better fighter than Gripen E.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The only point of ordering more MK1A at this point would be to expand production and expand delivery numbers- 123 delivered in the same time as the 83 by making 24 instead of 16/year.

But the IAF isn't looking to go that route so it's not likely. They want something more capable than the MK.1/1A as their lower end fighter.
MK1A will be lighter, more agile, will have state of art AESA and EW and will carry 4+ ton payload. Flight ceiling is invreased to 57000 ft. Payload will be 4+ ton, STR will be 18*+, Top speed improved by 2%, Transsonic acceleration improved by 20%, OBOG, mid air refueling, maintenance friendly , Astra MK1, MK2, I derby , Python 5, AMRAM , Rudram1,2, 3 are for sure. It will be a top class light fighter and will beat Saab Gripen C/D.

Brood Father

Country flag
Financial Express: Malaysia’s Air Force to get India’s Tejas LCA? Kuala Lumpur looking to buy 36 jets.

UnderFingy

Country flag
Financial Express: Malaysia’s Air Force to get India’s Tejas LCA? Kuala Lumpur looking to buy 36 jets.
I knew Malaysia was looking at tejas. Didn't know Egypt was.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Is this a fantasy? I recall Saudi Arabia was going to assemble Typhoons. BaE produced kits for assembly in Saudi Arabia but ended up assembling them in England.
Atleast 4 countries are showing interest in LCA Tejas.

one advantage Tejas has is the aircraft can integrate the best of technologies available from Russia, France, US and Israel.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Atleast 4 countries are showing interest in LCA Tejas.

one advantage Tejas has is the aircraft can integrate the best of technologies available from Russia, France, US and Israel.
Tejas Mk1A has its positive qualities... but 2 shortcomings: range, load. More countries would be interested in Mk2, I think. Does Egypt need something closer to F-16 or would Mk1A suffice?

Agreed, Mk1A is outstanding as a very low cost interceptor/light payload strike aircraft. In addition it offers low cost Indian weapons. To me it is the best choice for countries that cannot afford something more like F-16 or Gripen E.

maximus777

Country flag
Tejas Mk1A has its positive qualities... but 2 shortcomings: range, load. More countries would be interested in Mk2, I think. Does Egypt need something closer to F-16 or would Mk1A suffice?

Agreed, Mk1A is outstanding as a very low cost interceptor/light payload strike aircraft. In addition it offers low cost Indian weapons. To me it is the best choice for countries that cannot afford something more like F-16 or Gripen E.
Wonder how Israel would react to Tejas in Egyptian AF?!? I know they have the peace treaty which has held good for a long time, but who can predict the future?

thefewthefearless

Country flag
what should be the best head to head dogfight? excluding expenditure coz paks are poor to afford a war.

su 30 mki + tejas can easily outnumber jf-17 and some f-16 (tho paf won't bring jf-17 to battle since they are very unreliable rn. but i'm taking the best condition for them if 3rd block turns out to be better than f-16)

rafale + mig vs f-16 - rafale and f-16c are very similar. but we also have migs to outnumber.

fair dogfights (even considering paf pilots are "highly trained")

1) su 30 mki (4+ gen) is still the best. both jf-17 block 3 and f-16 are no match to it in head to head dogfight. but i have some hope in jf-17 III's manoeuvrability.

2) rafale vs jf-17 block 3 (4.5 gen)
rafale is much much better even in manoeuvrability. paxtani troll thinks bvr is some sort of pinki peerni magic lmao.

3) rafale vs f-16c - pretty equal.

4) tejas foc mk1/mk1a vs jf-17 III
by the time paf would start inducting jf-17 III in large numbers. tejas would be more mature.

5) tejas foc mk1/mk1a vs f-16c ( ≅4th gen)
tejas having tailless delta wings might have some advantage imo. but f-16 is more mature, f-16 should be tad better.

6) mig 29upg vs f-16c
people consider f-16 to be better than mig, also f16 has better k/d ratio vs mig.

7) mig 29upg vs jf-17 block 1&2 (<4th gen)
jf-17 ass would be kicked

PAFIAF
F-16c<Su-30 mki
JF-17 III Block<Rafale
JF-17 Block 1&2<Tejas MK1/MK1A + 👇
(none)Mig 29UPG
Mig 21 (Old crap but something)
even after this idk why do pakistani likes compare aircrafts of different line of defence and generation. perhaps they like to give themselves a bj.

@mist_consecutive what are your thoughts on this?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
what should be the best head to head dogfight? excluding expenditure coz paks are poor to afford a war.

su 30 mki + tejas can easily outnumber jf-17 and some f-16 (tho paf won't bring jf-17 to battle since they are very unreliable rn. but i'm taking the best condition for them if 3rd block turns out to be better than f-16)

rafale + mig vs f-16 - rafale and f-16c are very similar. but we also have migs to outnumber.

1) su 30 mki (4+ gen) is still the best. both jf-17 block 3 and f-16 are no match to it in head to head dogfight. but i have some hope in jf-17 III's manoeuvrability.

rafale is much much better even in manoeuvrability. paxtani troll thinks bvr is some sort of pinki peerni magic lmao.

by the time paf would start inducting jf-17 III in large numbers. tejas would be more mature.

tejas having tailless delta wings might have some advantage imo. but f-16 is more mature, f-16 should be tad better.

6) mig 29upg vs f-16c
people consider f-16 to be better than mig, also f16 has better k/d ratio vs mig.

PAFIAF
F-16c<Su-30 mki
JF-17 III Block<Rafale
(none)Mig 29UPG
even after this idk why do pakistani likes compare aircrafts of different line of defence and generation. perhaps they like to give themselves a bj.

Block 3 is comparable to tejas mk1a

Tang

Country flag

6) mig 29upg vs f-16c

PAFIAF
F-16c<Su-30 mki
JF-17 III Block<Rafale
(none)Mig 29UPG

a bit incorrect

Global Defence

New threads

Articles