LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

johnq

Kaveri engine was using directionally solidified blades, but this technology did not satisfy the required thrust to weight ratio for the given dimensions. Now GTRE has succeeded with single crystal blade technology, which results in much higher dry and wet thrust for the given dimensions and weight. But it will take time to operationalize this technology in a working engine; lots of testing.

FalconZero

Country flag

Where :rage: are those people 🤔 who said HAL became Mainstream

And fighting me on MMRCA or Export

Seriously you think you know better than me
About beaurucratic Corruption and lazziness of Sarkari Ecosystems.

These guys expect HAL deviler to fifth Generation par with F-35 and F-22
In next 10-15 years

When even a Manufacturing superpower like chinese struggled in its basic concepts
And operational requirements
Another idiotic rambling, if you knew enough then you wouldn't be screeching like a dolt. The comment below should give you the idea + plus Bleh already has repeated countless times about why the delay happened.
Ok guys ....sp23 and sp24 are already produced ...but not handed over yet
Tejas is deployed in a forward area ....Iaf wants easy maintainability.......so there is some delay
...and once that sorted out .....you will see fighter s flying in quick succession.......
And it has nothing with mk1a deal sign.....it's because of some other issues
Coming to people claiming xyz about HAL, well, in case your boomerself is missing out on details, it all started when some dalals started screeching Tejas is a bad reeeeee, no one denied the issues on HAL side but even after your comment it shows you are not interested in discussion rather shitting all over the board like few other doughnuts here.

Already sp23 and sp24 are done, covid did affect the timeline but without that they could have achieved close target of 6 to 8 aircraft this year and repeat no one is going to create additional production lines for your peanuts number of jets when IAF still has yet to pay thousands of crores of money to HAL and blaming MK1a deal delay on HAL is just moronic, it's unrelated and you are trying to catch onto straws nothing else.

If Army and Mod dalals think they are good by just importing more and more phoren maal, good luck being a slave of USSR to USA and chimping out when war starts that why no domestic industry is there. There are problems no denying that but if your solution is to import everything then that problem won't go away.

Every time it's like some people here are eager to see any even slight info about tejas or any indigenous and then they collectively start chimping out, this time same thing. Thank goodness that there are some decent people heading our armed forces who know the value of indigenous systems.
Also,

Chinmoy

Country flag

Where :rage: are those people 🤔 who said HAL became Mainstream

And fighting me on MMRCA or Export

Seriously you think you know better than me
About beaurucratic Corruption and lazziness of Sarkari Ecosystems.

These guys expect HAL deviler to fifth Generation par with F-35 and F-22
In next 10-15 years

When even a Manufacturing superpower like chinese struggled in its basic concepts
And operational requirements
Why just blame HAL for delay?

The COVID-19 lockdown and associated delays have dented the production plans of HAL.

“The pandemic has affected our plans and even hit some of the supply chain logistics. But we never took shelter under these excuses and have provided uninterrupted support to IAF, even during complete lockdown period. We deputed multiple teams to support Tejas fleet and are further improving the serviceability through reducing the turnaround time and ensuring spare stocks in surplus,” the official added.
“We are planning to maximise the deliveries despite the lockdown-induced slowdown in supply chain. The target is to produce eight aircraft by end of this FY and this could be enhanced if the supplies from our business partners improve,” the official added.
On the measures being put in place to improve the supply chain management, the official said efforts are on to bring back normalcy. “The foreign supply chain is the worst hit. Since LCA-Tejas Division follows the integrator model, any supply chain disruption will bring in risk for timelines. We are working closely with our partners to tide over the current situation. We are supporting them financially and technically to come out of the current situation. We have given relief to our business partners for the delay caused due to COVID-19-related lockdown,” the official added.
https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2...tejas-fighter-tests-after-pandemic-pause.html

Salyut

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Kaveri engine was using directionally solidified blades, but this technology did not satisfy the required thrust to weight ratio for the given dimensions. Now GTRE has succeeded with single crystal blade technology, which results in much higher dry and wet thrust for the given dimensions and weight. But it will take time to operationalize this technology in a working engine; lots of testing.
Congratulations, this is a good sign, China spent 15-20 years on single crystal blade casting technology, hope India can be faster, considering they make the Al31

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
There is nothing wrong with it, but it proves that India does not have a complete mastery of manufacturing technology, and it is very difficult if they want to improve, eg increase the power of the engine!
Respect for the sources you lead!
"Manufacturing" itself is too broad.
The parts of tech where India is struggling are among most difficult techs in world. Instance being artificial intelligence or single crystal nickel based superalloys for aero engines for avoiding hot corossion and thermal creep.

What India makes may not be available with any countries in the world except P5. But these 4-5 countries definitely have more experience and head-start over India.

Tridev123

Country flag
Can I trust the information here?
"
In August 2010, regarding the reasons for delay, a Ministry of Defense press release reported:[22]

1. "Ab-initio development of state-of-the-art gas turbine technologies.
  2. Technical/technological complexities.
  3. Lack of availability of critical equipment & materials and denial of technologies by the technologically advanced countries.
  4. Lack of availability of test facilities in the country necessitating testing abroad.
  5. Non availability of skilled/technically specialized manpower."
After reading it all I can draw, a long-developed engine with help from abroad, was unable to lift the Indian aircraft, and was discontinued!
It reflects the one problem I said, India doesn't have enough technology for the Indian military's ambitions, and the weapons programs end with a foreign purchase!
You can refer to the following two sources, this is the source of the Vietnamese newspaper, of course, after posting news from India, such as killing a lot of Chinese soldiers or killing 200 enemies or shooting down the F16 pakistan!
You seem to have a lot of admiration for the Chinese. Including their military, I guess. What do you have to say for the massacre of the PLA that was accomplished by the Viet Cong(Vietnamese Army) a few decades ago when the Chinese thought of teaching the Vietnamese a lesson. The PLA fared very badly with unconfirmed reports of upto 50,000 PLA casualties.

Your nation gave a whopping to the so called superior Chinese army. Why do you feel that the average Chinese engineer is superior to the Indian engineer. India has a rich tradition in science with our scientist's securing the Noble prizes early in the last century. Sir C. V. Raman won the Noble prize for Physics in 1930 becoming the first Asian to receive the Noble prize in any branch of science.

So don't underestimate the genius of the Indian mind. We may have lost our way in the last few decades but have the potential to regain our scientific prowess.

If the Vietnamese can beat the hell out of the Chinese PLA it is a good thing but why assume Indians are inferior to the the Chinese in science and military potential. Seems hypocritical.
It seems you have an agenda to fulfil here. Remember the Chinese opened up their economy to the West long before India and hence benifited immensely from superior Western technology and Management practices. So, don't worry. India will first catch up with China and then overtake it.

China is a real long-term threat to Vietnam and closer Indo-Vietnam ties are a necessity. Chinese hegemony and aggression as seen in the South China Sea is a pointer to Chinese intentions. They will try to overwhelm you economically, culturally and militarily.

Salyut

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You seem to have a lot of admiration for the Chinese. Including their military, I guess. What do you have to say for the massacre of the PLA that was accomplished by the Viet Cong(Vietnamese Army) a few decades ago when the Chinese thought of teaching the Vietnamese a lesson. The PLA fared very badly with unconfirmed reports of upto 50,000 PLA casualties.

Your nation gave a whopping to the so called superior Chinese army. Why do you feel that the average Chinese engineer is superior to the Indian engineer. India has a rich tradition in science with our scientist's securing the Noble prizes early in the last century. Sir C. V. Raman won the Noble prize for Physics in 1930 becoming the first Asian to receive the Noble prize in any branch of science.

So don't underestimate the genius of the Indian mind. We may have lost our way in the last few decades but have the potential to regain our scientific prowess.

If the Vietnamese can beat the hell out of the Chinese PLA it is a good thing but why assume Indians are inferior to the the Chinese in science and military potential. Seems hypocritical.
It seems you have an agenda to fulfil here. Remember the Chinese opened up their economy to the West long before India and hence benifited immensely from superior Western technology and Management practices. So, don't worry. India will first catch up with China and then overtake it.

China is a real long-term threat to Vietnam and closer Indo-Vietnam ties are a necessity. Chinese hegemony and aggression as seen in the South China Sea is a pointer to Chinese intentions. They will try to overwhelm you economically, culturally and militarily.
I agree that China is a Vietnamese threat, and all Vietnamese are aware of this threat. We have been at war with China for thousands of years.
However, most Vietnamese people see China as a model of economic development to learn from, alongside Korea and Japan.
They are amazed and amazed to see the spectacular economic development of China, as opposed to thinking of India as a divided and underdeveloped country.
In economic terms, China reformed and opened up in the 1980s, Vietnam really ended the war in 1989 and normalized relations with the United States in 1995, I don't know what year India started!
The 1979 Northern Border War with China was a short but fierce war, that year we had an elite army and a talented general, with equal or better armament. slightly, however we did not win, the Chinese withdrew when they had no targets to advance in our territory. Finally, we know how far the Chinese have come, economically and militarily.
I want a stronger India militarily, so I point out the mistakes in the military development policy, the things that Vietnam has made!

Tridev123

Country flag
I agree that China is a Vietnamese threat, and all Vietnamese are aware of this threat. We have been at war with China for thousands of years.
However, most Vietnamese people see China as a model of economic development to learn from, alongside Korea and Japan.
They are amazed and amazed to see the spectacular economic development of China, as opposed to thinking of India as a divided and underdeveloped country.
In economic terms, China reformed and opened up in the 1980s, Vietnam really ended the war in 1989 and normalized relations with the United States in 1995, I don't know what year India started!
The 1979 Northern Border War with China was a short but fierce war, that year we had an elite army and a talented general, with equal or better armament. slightly, however we did not win, the Chinese withdrew when they had no targets to advance in our territory. Finally, we know how far the Chinese have come, economically and militarily.
I want a stronger India militarily, so I point out the mistakes in the military development policy, the things that Vietnam has made!
I am almost beginning to see you as a Chinese fan boy. You are sugar coating the Chinese experience. The Chinese model of development came with enormous costs. Are you forgetting the millions of poor Chinese killed by Chairman Mao and the Chinese Communist Party. In Cambodia a pro Chinese despot Pol Pot committed genocide.

Even now there is no real freedom in China. China probably executes more of its citizens than any other country on earth. Even more than the Saudis. People are not free to express their opinions. Political activity other than the Communist Party is not allowed. Systematic forced sterilisation was done by the Communists on the Chinese women a few decades ago.

Why do you forget all the excesses done by the CCP.

India being a democracy did nothing of that sort barring a few aberrations. Though democracy does slow down decision making because we try to arrive at consensus, it is much more preferable than dictatorship. China grew faster also because of a totalitarian system. Does economic development mean you give up your fundamental rights as the Chinese do.

Vamsi

Country flag
since they are acquiring a A319 as a FTB. Is it possible to use it as FTB for Kaveri engine?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Ok guys ....sp23 and sp24 are already produced ...but not handed over yet
Tejas is deployed in a forward area ....Iaf wants easy maintainability.......so there is some delay
...and once that sorted out .....you will see fighter s flying in quick succession.......
And it has nothing with mk1a deal sign.....it's because of some other issues
The IRDW crap hasn't been covered by any other, but seems there's some trith to it (!)... I've visibly found differences in multiple FOC aircrafts.

Possibly results of outsourcing same shot to multiple minor private subcontractors... and they got fucked by Covid.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So whole year we made 2 FOC Tejas. We say it was due to covid, how many JF-17s were produced by porkis in this year? Maybe 2/3rd of their annual production but they did. We have made LCA itself hence the program is a joke. Who will buy it internationally considering that India is not focussed on LCA and is not interested in it. Porkis are right, Tejas might be far better than JF17 but is a failure, no production, no orders, nothing, buying it is a formality by IAF. And we’ll produce MK1A, MWF, AMCA, LIFT.

Lmao we have our LCH fully ready but no orders. 14 years have passed in its development, 10 years since its first flight in 2010, who the fuck will order it? Its already 2021. MoD said MK1A deal will sign in December, what happened to it? When you yourself aren’t interested in your own products then how can you expect others to be?
I'd expect some FB noob to speak like this!..

They're shaping & assembling metal arriving from China, but still slipped... & we're drawing parts from minor desi-subcontractors.
I told this would happen, if you depends too much on private partners (Manorama covered this issues in September i I think, Google it).

Can I trust the information here?
"
In August 2010, regarding the reasons for delay, a Ministry of Defense press release reported:[22]

1. "Ab-initio development of state-of-the-art gas turbine technologies.
  2. Technical/technological complexities.
  3. Lack of availability of critical equipment & materials and denial of technologies by the technologically advanced countries.
  4. Lack of availability of test facilities in the country necessitating testing abroad.
  5. Non availability of skilled/technically specialized manpower."
After reading it all I can draw, a long-developed engine with help from abroad, was unable to lift the Indian aircraft, and was discontinued!
It reflects the one problem I said, India doesn't have enough technology for the Indian military's ambitions, and the weapons programs end with a foreign purchase!
You can refer to the following two sources, this is the source of the Vietnamese newspaper, of course, after posting news from India, such as killing a lot of Chinese soldiers or killing 200 enemies or shooting down the F16 pakistan!
Ok, this guy is just trolling now.

@tarunraju @hit&run

Last edited:

Salyut

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Salyut -- Buddy we are going way off topic now. If you want create a new thread for this but don't post off topic things here. I have better chance of finding pearls by picking up oysters randomly than finding posts related to LCA Teja mk1 / mk1a here😝😂😂.
Yes, I see, I wanted to get involved in the Pak Fa topic, then suddenly saw this topic! I'm leaving, thanks!

Illusive

Country flag
"Manufacturing" itself is too broad.
The parts of tech where India is struggling are among most difficult techs in world. Instance being artificial intelligence or single crystal nickel based superalloys for aero engines for avoiding hot corossion and thermal creep.

What India makes may not be available with any countries in the world except P5. But these 4-5 countries definitely have more experience and head-start over India.
Money needs to be put, there is no other way. Testing, testing, testing to collect data. Stick Kaveri's in Drone's or make a pilotless version of Tejas to get real world data.

It is a given that India needs to maintain not only a large military, but also a high tech 1. These tech costs a lot of money which we can ill afford. So it is not an expense but an investment in the future of India. Large scale manufacturing of not only equipments but also the CNC machines. Steal from the biggest thief if we have to.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I'd expect some FB noob to speak like this!..

They're shaping & assembling metal arriving from China, but still slipped... & we're drawing parts from minor desi-subcontractors.
I told this would happen, if you depends too much on private partners (Manorama covered this issues in September i I think, Google it).
Isn't It the Problem OEM when they Presented Project report to MOD.
Isn't the Delivery Commitments Is Part Lies On OEM

Lets Say you Ordered I Phone And OEM given you Delivery deadlines of Let say In Week
But Its 2 months and your Orders Still not delivered

And you have option To buy It in Near by Store

Would you Listen to OEM Explanations as Consumer ??

Lockheed Martin has over hundreds Of Sub contractors in different nations Of Europe and US states
Still they Manufactured over 500 + Fifth generation fighters uptil Now
But My Lords in HAL wants Push the deadline

Its Easy For Sarkari's Lazy mafia To Shift Blame on consumer Which is IAF in this case
Who are Still flying Mig-21 A.K.A "The Flying coffins"

What Next Line IAF should request that PLAAF + PAF should Wait To Air Assaults

So My Lords in DSPSU's Should Finish Delivery dead lines :megusta: :dude: And then We Will Fight War

As Usual "CHALTA HAI ATTITUDE" WE iNDIANS ARE HAPPY WITH IT

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles