Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well growler jammed f22................
Did u see the last few sentences?
Here it is
"
No fighter have that muvh power out to produce jamming white noise in all frequency. You need dedicated EW attack systems like Growler.

"
I am not telling that growler can jam s400 since it is having immensely powerful aesa radar, but definitely s300( generally they will be using 4 growler for that job).
And regarding jf17, any aircraft with a working aesa radar is difficult to jam, be it jf17 or lca or rafale. No single fighter jet, i repeat fighter jet will be able to jam another aesa fighter jet. No fighter have that muvh power out to produce jamming white noise in all frequency. You need dedicated EW attack systems like Growler.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DRDO's Mayavi is built around Unified Electronic Warfare System (UEWS) i.e Samyukta EW

Consists of a Unified Receiver Exciter Processor (UREP) with advanced digital receiver/Digital Radio Frequency Memory.

Integrated with Microwave Power Module based transmitter for LCA.
+
It includes a radar warning receiver (RWR),
Missile Approach Warning (MAW),
Laser warning receiver (LWR),
IR & Ultraviolet Missile warning sensors,
self-protection jammer,
chaff and flares dispenser,
an electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite
and a Towed radar decoy (TRD).
IMG_20200327_092214.jpg

Saichand K

Country flag
BTW, the coating on Tejas is ingenuously made by DRDO or imported? Are there any RAM coatings on Tejas ?

Saichand K

Country flag
DRDO's Mayavi is built around Unified Electronic Warfare System (UEWS) i.e Samyukta EW

Consists of a Unified Receiver Exciter Processor (UREP) with advanced digital receiver/Digital Radio Frequency Memory.

Integrated with Microwave Power Module based transmitter for LCA.
+
It includes a radar warning receiver (RWR),
Missile Approach Warning (MAW),
Laser warning receiver (LWR),
IR & Ultraviolet Missile warning sensors,
self-protection jammer,
chaff and flares dispenser,
an electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite
and a Towed radar decoy (TRD).
View attachment 44803
Is it part of Tejas EW suite? I thought we are using imported one.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can anyone tell me why Derby was chosen as the AAM to be integrated into Tejas instead of indegenous Astra ? Should have gone for Astra Are the import loving forces to blame here ? Or is there some technical reason ?
For ur kind info, taxi trial of Astra with Tejas been conducted.
But it's integration after half a dozen other tests ud need atleast a cpl of years.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Give salami to Indian nevy bro. They are the one who chose the Old soviet era ACC and Mig 29 for it. I’m fucking nobody.
I’m am amused that you want to buy fighter jets like groceries in local kirana shop .:biggrin2:
200 gm Mig 29
50 gm F18
Aur F35 bhi taste karna hai. Thoda sa :pound:
They didn't chose they were offered for dirt cheap price at that time.. and it's Mig 29k .

:biggrin2:
So to solve a mistake, you would like to commit another blunder.
Waah Modi ji Waah.

Anyway my F18 lover friend, let f18 get certified for ski jump before taking your final decision :biggrin2:

PS: I have a better Idea. Since you’re so much into it, we should go few steps further. We should order 100 grams each of following items
F18 since we love it. It’s bestest
F16 It’s Amrican. So it’s best
F22 It looks good. Also it’s murican , will look best on a soviet design ACC.
F35 next best thing after F18, also murican.
Did I miss something else which is bestest
Also should by stickers of made in Murcia for our soviet design ACC to make it look totally American
Btw . It’s very very hard to maintain Mig 29 therefore IAF ordered
You can go any steps further backward or forward like a frog doesn't matter.

You have problem with Romeo Helis and want rejected problematic expensive NH 90

You want IN to waste money on Mig 29k.

IAF ordered what ? They have Mig 29 UPG and before the upgrade they had the same issue.. many nations like Malaysia don't even fly the mig 29s for that reason while their F 18 are doing great.

Their is a huge diff in between IAF and IN version and requirements. Mig 29 is an amazing dogfighter but IN requires BVR + strike capabilty only SH got compared to Mig 29 k and cheaper than Rafale .

As I said market jaakar khareedlo jo khareedna hain IN don't give a friggin rat ass abt tubelights.

And I don't favor any.. Either Rafale or F-18 is good for us. F-18 is cost effective and more suitable for IN with growler on offer it will be a cherry on cake.

If IN decides to go for indigenous route that's cool too since we already have Tejas experience and a new twin engine deck based fighter can be made based on that pretty quick this time.

But your Mig 29 For other aircraft carriers of IN is a big no.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Just for CAP?..They already are short of funding.

What Navy could actually afford to do is get Brahmos capable Tejas Mark1A & station them at A&N. Better if IAF placed Su-30 there, but seems like they wont.
Dont exist... And no guarantee Mark1A will actually be 1ton lighter, maybe few hundreds kilos. Plus it was supposed to get lighter by reducing landing gear mainly, cannot do that to NLCA.
A few can be ordered for advance training of IN personnel's like US Navy does.

And you are right navy doesnt need NLCA mk1a what they have in NLCA is already much better.
Good luck in flying them :rofl:
Even for GE-404 any crucial repairs we have to send the whole engine to US then we can imagine what would be the condition of F-35 in india without any infrastructure to contain them service cost would be killer for IAF without TOT they are of no use because we cannot utilize them.
Most probably nearest service station for that jet for india will be SK or Israel.
We have them in a few no.s. A few years back we were doing the same for Al -31 Sukhoi engine despite license building them. here.

We are anyway going to use GE 414 series of engine in huge no.s so it make sense to have aircrafts with same engine.

In future when we replace them with indigenous engine we will have a solution for all.

rone

Country flag
If any one can ask hvt why don't we integrate single integrated display like he demonstrated in LCA sports , becoz mk1a come same 3 mfd setup after 7 years very 4th he. Fighter's around the world ha e single integrated display, so if mla come with single integrated display it will be a future proof add-on which will also help pilots to get familiarize the upcoming fifth gen Fighters avionics so fast

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They didn't chose they were offered for dirt cheap price at that time.. and it's Mig 29k .

You can go any steps further backward or forward like a frog doesn't matter.

You have problem with Romeo Helis and want rejected problematic expensive NH 90

You want IN to waste money on Mig 29k.

IAF ordered what ? They have Mig 29 UPG and before the upgrade they had the same issue.. many nations like Malaysia don't even fly the mig 29s for that reason while their F 18 are doing great.

Their is a huge diff in between IAF and IN version and requirements. Mig 29 is an amazing dogfighter but IN requires BVR + strike capabilty only SH got compared to Mig 29 k and cheaper than Rafale .

As I said market jaakar khareedlo jo khareedna hain IN don't give a friggin rat ass abt tubelights.

And I don't favor any.. Either Rafale or F-18 is good for us. F-18 is cost effective and more suitable for IN with growler on offer it will be a cherry on cake.

If IN decides to go for indigenous route that's cool too since we already have Tejas experience and a new twin engine deck based fighter can be made based on that pretty quick this time.

But your Mig 29 For other aircraft carriers of IN is a big no.
Mig29k was chooses due to compulsion, we were offered the carrier at free of cost but conditions was we need to conduct the refurbishment in a russian shipyard &airwing for the ship has to he sourced from russia itself.

rghegde

Country flag
What the hell! Which one is this?
View attachment 44556
Tail number is when 5021 and the modified canopy of FOC but that box behind the pilot isn't there.

I think they just removed that cover during first flight and that is how it always look internally.
This is why.
Screen shot is from LCA Tejas PV4 first flight.
That roundish cover is attached to canopy.

Attachments

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
HAL has shutdown all its assembly lines till 31st March.
How will it affect the production of OFC aircraft and also the delivery of 4 FOC Mk1 to IAF by May end?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
HAL has shutdown all its assembly lines till 31st March.
How will it affect the production of OFC aircraft and also the delivery of 4 FOC Mk1 to IAF by May end?
SP-22 is completed. The ground checks will probably take place. Possibly 1st flight. Maybe gun firing too.
Rest are due in mid-April.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What is max CAS here? Also, arent FOC planes 8.5G? The top speed is M1.6? I always read it is M1.8? Peeps please clarify...
People believe what they want to believe. Even if unconfirmed wishful claims.

There were reports that LSPs "were tested to beyond" 8G and some people went, Oh yaaas lca 8.5g capable!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles