LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

porky_kicker

Country flag
They have said by March end.. wait till March is over. It is better to have a jet which is fully tested rather than putting life of pilots on risk because there are some Jahapanahs on defence forum who got nothing to talk about.
I will tell you a big secret

Modern day India / Indians =/= punctuality.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Itna emotional kyu ?
Bhai ye emotional hone ka karan nahi he, me ye soch ke darta hu ki age kya hoga.

This government is better than the last one but phir bhi ye utna nahi kar paa rahi jitna karna chahiye.

I admit ki ye kam koi asan nahi he but ab excuse de kar bhi koi fayda nahi chahe wo kitna bhi relevant kyo na ho. Ab apne pas time hi kitna bacha he.

We messed up from 1947 to 1990 the time where various countries mastered aviation sector. It wasn't like we had no option we had marut it coudl spawn into something great but u know what happend.

We messed up tejas program it was lying dead for years and was about to kick the bucket when Parrikar revived it.

We messed up the semiconductor revolution and now we dont have single fab in India neither do we have the money for it. The conditions is that our mobile market is dominated by foreign products, our security system run on Amreeki and Chinese platforms none of which are friendly.

Ab nahi to kab?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
They have said by March end.. wait till March is over. It is better to have a jet which is fully tested rather than putting life of pilots on risk because there are some Jahapanahs on defence forum who got nothing to talk about.
They said by March 4 FOC standard will be delivered, if you believe it's gonna happen I m sorry for you. If that happens trust me no one else will be more happier than me.

SP 21 was expected by November last year not March 2020.
So there is a delay of atleast 4 months.

Please let me know which tests are you referring to here. Was it a planned change. What's the ETA?
Your post is to bash IAF for this and that which is ridiculous. HAL / ADA are responsible to develop product on time they didn't do it period.
Both are responsible....IAF for just being a customer and not showing any interest.
HAL is HAL nothing more to say there..
IAF did not back Tejas for long time and it's a fact....
But that's consistent with our armed forces.
Domestic product always fail to get the backing it deserved. IAF is Imported Air Force ....sadly
Since 80s IAF asked for a light fighter jet /attack jet in bulk and they have been in waiting .
80s they said they will need them in future ....
Aircraft development life cycle is 20 years for nation's who have Aero environment. We took 30 years which was slow yes....but even IAF lacked vision they should have put requirements based on it or gone with batch production which they didn't....
Mirage 2000 order limited to 50s
Mig 29 limited to 80 around
Jaguar forced on by HAL till almost 2010

IAF wanted either Mirage or Mig29 in 400 + number to replace Mig 21but never got it and are in the mess for last 2-3 decades while HAL and ADA have failed miserably to either deliver Jaguar or Sukhoi on time or come up with Tejas .

You have made your point clear..

You want to blame IAF for everything so be it..

As the sane ones disagree with you. Tc
not sure if he meant only IAF but yeah IAF is also to be blamed.
They never worked out a solution with ADA DRDO HAL ..... But like adament customers kept demanding.....

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bhai ye emotional hone ka karan nahi he, me ye soch ke darta hu ki age kya hoga.

This government is better than the last one but phir bhi ye utna nahi kar paa rahi jitna karna chahiye.

I admit ki ye kam koi asan nahi he but ab excuse de kar bhi koi fayda nahi chahe wo kitna bhi relevant kyo na ho. Ab apne pas time hi kitna bacha he.

We messed up from 1947 to 1990 the time where various countries mastered aviation sector. It wasn't like we had no option we had marut it coudl spawn into something great but u know what happend.

We messed up tejas program it was lying dead for years and was about to kick the bucket when Parrikar revived it.

We messed up the semiconductor revolution and now we dont have single fab in India neither do we have the money for it. The conditions is that our mobile market is dominated by foreign products, our security system run on Amreeki and Chinese platforms none of which are friendly.

Ab nahi to kab?
Brather row mat

Plebs fate is always to hope for the best

Can't do anything more or anything less

Fucckery of 60 years cannot be undone in 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 years . Need 30 years. Atleast half the time.

Bad habits are easy to pick and hard to loose

vishnugupt

Country flag

Your post is to bash IAF for this and that which is ridiculous. HAL / ADA are responsible to develop product on time they didn't do it period.

Since 80s IAF asked for a light fighter jet /attack jet in bulk and they have been in waiting .

Mirage 2000 order limited to 50s
Mig 29 limited to 80 around
Jaguar forced on by HAL till almost 2010

IAF wanted either Mirage or Mig29 in 400 + number to replace Mig 21but never got it and are in the mess for last 2-3 decades while HAL and ADA have failed miserably to either deliver Jaguar or Sukhoi on time or come up with Tejas .

You have made your point clear..

You want to blame IAF for everything so be it..

As the sane ones disagree with you. Tc
Bhai, blaming HAL/ADA is like just running away from responsibilities. You people giving impression like this is only ADA/HAL responsibility for indigenization of defence products not the IAF but infact it is IAF responsibility. ADA/HAL is not slave of IAF. Delay is norm in any defence project but you people can't simply accept it. For you it's an excuse to buy foreign maal. Ok let's see how many pilot airforce can sacrifice for its ego..... Congratulations for flying Mig 21 and enjoy the ride. Mungari lal ke haseen sapne...... IAF want 2000000 F22, 5000 F35, 3000 j 20 see dreams as much IAF can see.... But in the end they willl get baba ji ka thullu. Let's see in the end whom dick they will suck

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Bhai, blaming HAL/ADA is like just running away from responsibilities. You people giving impression like this is only ADA/HAL responsibility for indigenization of defence products not the IAF but infact it is IAF responsibility. ADA/HAL is not slave of IAF. Delay is norm in any defence project but you people can't simply accept it. For you it's an excuse to buy foreign maal. Ok let's see how many pilot airforce can sacrifice for its ego..... Congratulations for flying Mig 21 and enjoy the ride. Mungari lal ke haseen sapne...... IAF want 2000000 F22, 5000 F35, 3000 j 20 see dreams as much IAF can see.... But in the end they willl get baba ji ka thullu. Let's see in the end whom dick they will suck
They want state enterprise to privatised so they along with there foreign backers can loot this country further dry --- most of these big shots in BJP, RSS , Congress, Gernails , senior diplomats and beurocrates have there kids in America and other western countries who live comfortable lives on back of poor Indians back home and hafta there daddy made on foreign deals & selling this country & it's slave population on Platter --- in old time defeated kings used to send there son to be raised on victor house as a safe keeping so he won't rebel --- this is modern form of it. ----- Chinese, Russian's & other countries state owned enterprises run fine cause there govt doesn't allow foreign dalals & there English speaking black dogs gentleman class in India to fck there country to oblivion.

vishnugupt

Country flag
They want state enterprise to privatised so they along with there foreign backers can loot this country further dry --- most of these big shots in BJP, RSS , Congress, Gernails , senior diplomats and beurocrates have there kids in America and other western countries who live comfortable lives on back of poor Indians back home and hafta there daddy made on foreign deals & selling this country & it's slave population on Platter --- in old time defeated kings used to send there son to be raised on victor house as a safe keeping so he won't rebel --- this is modern form of it. ----- Chinese, Russian's & other countries state owned enterprises run fine cause there govt doesn't allow foreign dalals & there English speaking black dogs gentleman class in India to fck there country to oblivion.
Bhai, I respect your emotions..... Tune bhi utna hi peeke reply diya hai jitna maine peeke kiya hai..... Or tu 100% sahi bola hai..... Bhai hai tu apna ..... Jai Hind, Hai bharat

Flying Dagger

Country flag
In 70s they got Jaguar deal forced upon IAF resulted in division of order between Mirage and Jaguars.

Then they delayed the production of Jaguars infact when the World airforce retired it we were still rolling out the new jaguars.

Then politics took Mirage and Mig29 out of IAF reach. They have been exploited from all end.

ADA/HAL promise the moon but can't deliver a mango. The mig 21 bison IAF were using most of them were manufactured by HAL and suffer shoddy maintenance and spare parts issue.

IAF suffers from poor training infra.. because you and your ilk promised them trainer aircraft for last two decades but didn't deliver . If IAF hadn't bought foren maal like hawk and Pilatus the Pilots would have been going down the way you wanted.

IAF is the customer and HAL /ADA exist to serve them if they can't they need to be kicked right down in between their balls.

They said by March 4 FOC standard will be delivered, if you believe it's gonna happen I m sorry for you. If that happens trust me no one else will be more happier than me.

SP 21 was expected by November last year not March 2020.
So there is a delay of atleast 4 months.

Please let me know which tests are you referring to here. Was it a planned change. What's the ETA?

Both are responsible....IAF for just being a customer and not showing any interest.
HAL is HAL nothing more to say there..
IAF did not back Tejas for long time and it's a fact....
But that's consistent with our armed forces.
Domestic product always fail to get the backing it deserved. IAF is Imported Air Force ....sadly

80s they said they will need them in future ....
Aircraft development life cycle is 20 years for nation's who have Aero environment. We took 30 years which was slow yes....but even IAF lacked vision they should have put requirements based on it or gone with batch production which they didn't....
not sure if he meant only IAF but yeah IAF is also to be blamed.
They never worked out a solution with ADA DRDO HAL ..... But like adament customers kept demanding.....

You are not aware what happened in 70s 80s . IAF told clearly Mig 21 needs to be replaced by 90s. From Jaguar to Mirage then Mig 29 they were fooled around by politics and Aerospace industry of India.

Mirage took a back seat for Jaguar then cancelled for Mig 29 . Mig 29 cancelled due to lack of funds and spare part issue. Then again Mirage came back but got cancelled for MMRCA and now Instead of 300 Mirage they will get 36 Rafales .

They did their best planned well in advance in 70s but the system and agencies failed them.

Mig 21 to Mirage went down due to poor spare parts and shoddy maintenance by HAL and co.

They blocked the trainer craft purchase citing they will make indigenous within a few years and even in 2020s they are still making it.

IAF was fortunate enough to get hands on hawk and Pilatus. Even Hawk delivery was delayed by your lazy kind to kill IAF pilots

Sukhoi delivery was delayed on purpose to kill more IAF pilots by HAL.

Batch production of what ? Paper plane ?

Even now they are forced to buy mk1 .

Now you are talking abt SP 21 -24 being late by months and then pointing at IAF for not backing these lazy.. tards who are busy sipping tea and their onion samosa in canteen all the time.

Anyway they have said squadron will be raised by July with 4 jets. There are some issue with FOC being sorted out . Such problems will come in a project like this.

Now what foren maal that IAF bought which HAL was able to produce ? This is what one must ask before pointing fingers at IAF.

rone

Country flag
Guys I have gud news and bad news, bad news is sp20 first flight may get postponed due FCS updates ( validation not completed ) gud news is sp21 also nearly completed some Minor works remains, may be we can hear back to back first flight in this month sp23 and 24 in their last leg of fiting out, mostly first teams foc squ will be in may - June time interval,

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
You are not aware what happened in 70s 80s . IAF told clearly Mig 21 needs to be replaced by 90s. From Jaguar to Mirage then Mig 29 they were fooled around by politics and Aerospace industry of India.
Yes I am 1990s kid so yeah I don't know what happened then.
Wao in 1980s they started LCA and they wanted it by 1990....waaaoooo....
Politics for sure might be playing with defense but there was no Aerospace workplace at that time....we still don't have...
Mirage took a back seat for Jaguar then cancelled for Mig 29 . Mig 29 cancelled due to lack of funds and spare part issue. Then again Mirage came back but got cancelled for MMRCA and now Instead of 300 Mirage they will get 36 Rafales .
300 Mirage when. ....??? Lol.....
I don't believe 300 odd mirages were ever planned. . MMRCA first wanted France to offer Mirage but they refused and sent Rafale.... Ask Con why they sat on it for more than a decade.... We got Rafale 36 as a face saving else the deal was already dead.
They did their best planned well in advance in 70s but the system and agencies failed them.
No My friend nothing was done in 70s.... You are pushing the timelines by atleast a decade....
Mig 21 to Mirage went down due to poor spare parts and shoddy maintenance by HAL and co.
I will agree to that....

They blocked the trainer craft purchase citing they will make indigenous within a few years and even in 2020s they are still making it.
Don't trust HAL DRDO or ADA.
IAF was fortunate enough to get hands on hawk and Pilatus. Even Hawk delivery was delayed by your lazy kind to kill IAF pilots
My kind .... Yours aswell.... I criticise both sides and do not get blind against any ....

Sukhoi delivery was delayed on purpose to kill more IAF pilots by HAL.
Really please provide proof and Lodge a PIL aswell....
Batch production of what ? Paper plane ?
IAF could have started with a order of a batch 16 aircrafts at a time and would have kept sharing there new requirement.... But they want to reach to the 100th floor using parachute drop and not stairs which is never possible.... We could have started building LCA atleast 7-8 years back had IAF backed it up .....

Even now they are forced to buy mk1 .
I don't believe anyone can force them to buy anything.....
Example IA killer Arjun as they didn't want it.....
They have agreed to 123 Tejas which in itself is a proof ...

Now you are talking abt SP 21 -24 being late by months and then pointing at IAF for not backing these lazy.. tards who are busy sipping tea and their onion samosa in canteen all the time.
Here I was questioning HAL ADA DRDO only...... And yes they are busy thinking how to do time pass......
Anyway they have said squadron will be raised by July with 4 jets. There are some issue with FOC being sorted out . Such problems will come in a project like this.
Link to this information please.....
Now what foren maal that IAF bought which HAL was able to produce ? This is what one must ask before pointing fingers at IAF.
IAF is delaying induction of LCH LUH with providing IOC and FOC same was with Tejas.
They will push the govt till the extent that govt is forced to buy expensive of the shelf imported products at the end....
They have done it many times ..... IA also....

IN is an odd one out here.....

ashdoc

Country flag
Yes I am 1990s kid so yeah I don't know what happened then.
Wao in 1980s they started LCA and they wanted it by 1990....waaaoooo....
Politics for sure might be playing with defense but there was no Aerospace workplace at that time....we still don't have...

300 Mirage when. ....??? Lol.....
I don't believe 300 odd mirages were ever planned. . MMRCA first wanted France to offer Mirage but they refused and sent Rafale.... Ask Con why they sat on it for more than a decade.... We got Rafale 36 as a face saving else the deal was already dead.

No My friend nothing was done in 70s.... You are pushing the timelines by atleast a decade....

I will agree to that....

Don't trust HAL DRDO or ADA.

My kind .... Yours aswell.... I criticise both sides and do not get blind against any ....

Really please provide proof and Lodge a PIL aswell....

IAF could have started with a order of a batch 16 aircrafts at a time and would have kept sharing there new requirement.... But they want to reach to the 100th floor using parachute drop and not stairs which is never possible.... We could have started building LCA atleast 7-8 years back had IAF backed it up .....

I don't believe anyone can force them to buy anything.....
Example IA killer Arjun as they didn't want it.....
They have agreed to 123 Tejas which in itself is a proof ...

Here I was questioning HAL ADA DRDO only...... And yes they are busy thinking how to do time pass......

Link to this information please.....

IAF is delaying induction of LCH LUH with providing IOC and FOC same was with Tejas.
They will push the govt till the extent that govt is forced to buy expensive of the shelf imported products at the end....
They have done it many times ..... IA also....

IN is an odd one out here.....
France had offered to transfer entire mirage 2000 production line to India in the early 2000s because they were changing to production of rafale. We could have produced as many mirages as we wanted , that too upgraded mirage 2000-5 . But NDA government said no , we want mmrca contest with rafale in it . However NDA lost elections and Congress government did nothing for next 10 years. Now modi has ordered rafale but money is limited and only 36 rafales are ordered.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
France had offered to transfer entire mirage 2000 production line to India in the early 2000s because they were changing to production of rafale. We could have produced as many mirages as we wanted. But NDA government said no , we want mmrca contest with rafale in it . However NDA lost elections and Congress government did nothing for next 10 years. Now modi has ordered rafale but money is limited and only 36 rafales are ordered.
Sirji, they are ready to offer scorpene too problem is condition, it has always been.
First they lure you then lay conditions upon you.
Ultimately no deal happens, just for example scorpene deal.

Aniruddha Mulay

Sirji, they are ready to offer scorpene too problem is condition, it has always been.
First they lure you then lay conditions upon you.
Ultimately no deal happens, just for example scorpene deal.
Scorpene was a victim of a data leak by the Aussies. Don't know how much critical/classified info about its capabilities was made public.

vishnugupt

Country flag
In 70s they got Jaguar deal forced upon IAF resulted in division of order between Mirage and Jaguars.

Then they delayed the production of Jaguars infact when the World airforce retired it we were still rolling out the new jaguars.

Then politics took Mirage and Mig29 out of IAF reach. They have been exploited from all end.
Jaguar and Mirage are two different category aircraft so there is no division. Division happened between Mirage and Mig 29 and combined numbers of all three aircraft are very decent as per the requirement so don't say they were forced/pushed/Exploited etc.
One thing you forget to tell us when Cry baby demanding 300 Mirages they actually got 272 Su30mki
ADA/HAL promise the moon but can't deliver a mango. The mig 21 bison IAF were using most of them were manufactured by HAL and suffer shoddy maintenance and spare parts issue.
Don't lie, ADA/HAL never promised moon or sun. these organizations work on requirement given by Cry baby not to mention it is Cry baby job to give requirements which are viable for decades it's not ordering dinner or snacks but Cry baby disillusion by shinny toys from neighbour and change requirements. Tejas Mk1, Mk1A, MK2 are same what IAF demanded and what is IAF contribution to developing these products ?? Zero
People here easily get fooled that Mig 21 crashed happened duo to HAL. it is propaganda spread by IAF with the help of paid journalists compare this with Tejas safety records you will get clear picture.
Mig 21 Crashes actually happened due IAF bought faulty/used spares parts from Ukraine, not from original manufactures.
IAF suffers from poor training infra.. because you and your ilk promised them trainer aircraft for last two decades but didn't deliver . If IAF hadn't bought foren maal like hawk and Pilatus the Pilots would have been going down the way you wanted
First, nobody complaining why IAF bought 75 without SUPPORT CONTRACT ( or any necessary procurement ) so don't assume things. Secondly, Now HTT40 is ready so where is urgent 25 additional trainer requirements?? waiting for Pilatus to disband ?
IAF is the customer and HAL /ADA exist to serve them if they can't they need to be kicked right down in between their balls.
Thanks for writing this line, Thank you so much
This is the Cry baby"s attitude which need to be shed.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Once upon a time, A Cry baby chief went to then defence Minister and cried that HAL is not working well, HAL is not delivering in time, Bad quality control and want Shinny toys .......... ( contrary to fact IAF own 20000 crores to HAL in recent past )
Then Defence Minister replied to Cry Baby, Ok. well. Now we are going to hand over A-Z control of HAL to you so produce aircraft as you want. Cry Baby stopped crying immediately and run away.
:- A True Story

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The first of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas in Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration SP-21 is ready for its first flight next week after it received crucial software upgrades from its partner Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA).

SP-21 sporting for the first time “Tipnis Grey” Paint scheme was sported at main runway of the old HAL Airport this week carrying out crucial Fast Taxi Trials after rectification and improved software upgrades which clears SP-21 to engage its engines for a better rate of climbs after take-off thus gaining altitudes at much faster rates.

Sources close to idrw.org have informed us that FOC Tejas are more combat-ready and come with more weapons integration so that once the second squadron levels of 16 jets are made it can move to forward airbases. Some Important upgrades to the software and Tweaks to the engine will allow FOC Tejas to be used in Interceptor Roles with better performance after incorporating feedback from the pilots of the first squadron which has performed over 2000 sorties since 2016.
FB_IMG_1584280941353.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles