LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
They are Figuring Out How to Avoid 8 hour Shift And Go home 3 pm :biggrin2::biggrin2:Like All Saarkari Naukars do:megusta::megusta:

Please share how you avoid your shift....
So that they can even stop trying to figure that out.....

I am an AO in MOD Not Ninda Turtle himself :facepalm::facepalm:
I thought u were the one claiming to know it all.....
I can Tell Things that are In My domain
Working Ethics in DPSU's ,Classified War wastage Reserves warehouses ,DRDO labs,
Corruption in Army CSD canteens:hehe:. Pensions and remuneration etc
Please don't tell us we are no bodies....common people ....
Please take necessary action to prevent or stop..... If u know and can tell us why can't you take actions wherever whenever necessary.....

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag
Wait for FOC LCA-Tejas Gets longer
IAF’s will have to wait little longer after First Four Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration LCA-Tejas aircraft which was scheduled to be delivered by HAL by end of March this month is likely to miss its target schedule due to last-minute changes and upgrades carried out on the first four LCA-Tejas to come out in FOC Configuration. First FOC configured SP-21 carried out its Ground engine run, way back in November and it was decided it will get its crucial software upgrade from its partner Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA) to allow integration and firing of newer weapons along with the ability to handle the better rate of climb with better communication systems. while HAL is still tight lipped about why SP-21 is yet to fly but sources close to idrw.org have informed that due to teething issues with some of the FOC equipment integrated for the first time and due to minor software related issues both SP-21 and SP-22 are held up as a precaution from carrying out it first flight, while SP-23 is almost ready and work on SP-24 is already at advance stage of completion, HAL is trying to get at least SP-21 and SP-22 airborne by end of March and SP-23 and Sp-24 in next two months so that expected commissioning of second squadrons of LCA-Tejas Mk1 in IAF happens by end of June or in July with four aircraft. what was supposed to be quick last-minute component swap and software upgrade has become a bottleneck in delivery of first FOC configured LCA-Tejas what that is holding back both the aircraft. HAL is maintaining that production of SP-25 to SP-31 is progressing well and has maintained that for FY-2020-21 it will deliver another 8 LCA-Tejas Mk1 above Four FOC LCA-Tejas it had promised to deliver by end of FY-2019-20. Last LCA-Tejas Mk1 in IOC-II configuration to come out of HAL Production line ironically was SP-16 (LA-5016 ) which had completed its maiden flight after taking off from HAL Airport in Bangalore on 12-March-2019 which is almost a year back, since then HAL started preparing for manufacturing of FOC configured LCA-Tejas which starts from SP-21 onwards. Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria already has confirmed that the first LCA-Tejas No. 45 Squadron ” Flying Daggers ” based at Air Force Station Sulur will move out to a forward airbase in the western sector close to Pakistan by end of this year and second LCA-Tejas Squadron will soon be established by mid of this year once first four aircraft are delivered by HAL at Air Force Station Sulur. Sources close to idrw.org have confirmed that the second squadron will move out of Sulur by end of 2021 to a forward base in Jammu and Kashmir.
https://idrw.org/wait-for-foc-lca-tejas-gets-longer/#more-222668

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wait for FOC LCA-Tejas Gets longer
IAF’s will have to wait little longer after First Four Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration LCA-Tejas aircraft which was scheduled to be delivered by HAL by end of March this month is likely to miss its target schedule due to last-minute changes and upgrades carried out on the first four LCA-Tejas to come out in FOC Configuration. First FOC configured SP-21 carried out its Ground engine run, way back in November and it was decided it will get its crucial software upgrade from its partner Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA) to allow integration and firing of newer weapons along with the ability to handle the better rate of climb with better communication systems. while HAL is still tight lipped about why SP-21 is yet to fly but sources close to idrw.org have informed that due to teething issues with some of the FOC equipment integrated for the first time and due to minor software related issues both SP-21 and SP-22 are held up as a precaution from carrying out it first flight, while SP-23 is almost ready and work on SP-24 is already at advance stage of completion, HAL is trying to get at least SP-21 and SP-22 airborne by end of March and SP-23 and Sp-24 in next two months so that expected commissioning of second squadrons of LCA-Tejas Mk1 in IAF happens by end of June or in July with four aircraft. what was supposed to be quick last-minute component swap and software upgrade has become a bottleneck in delivery of first FOC configured LCA-Tejas what that is holding back both the aircraft. HAL is maintaining that production of SP-25 to SP-31 is progressing well and has maintained that for FY-2020-21 it will deliver another 8 LCA-Tejas Mk1 above Four FOC LCA-Tejas it had promised to deliver by end of FY-2019-20. Last LCA-Tejas Mk1 in IOC-II configuration to come out of HAL Production line ironically was SP-16 (LA-5016 ) which had completed its maiden flight after taking off from HAL Airport in Bangalore on 12-March-2019 which is almost a year back, since then HAL started preparing for manufacturing of FOC configured LCA-Tejas which starts from SP-21 onwards. Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria already has confirmed that the first LCA-Tejas No. 45 Squadron ” Flying Daggers ” based at Air Force Station Sulur will move out to a forward airbase in the western sector close to Pakistan by end of this year and second LCA-Tejas Squadron will soon be established by mid of this year once first four aircraft are delivered by HAL at Air Force Station Sulur. Sources close to idrw.org have confirmed that the second squadron will move out of Sulur by end of 2021 to a forward base in Jammu and Kashmir.
https://idrw.org/wait-for-foc-lca-tejas-gets-longer/#more-222668
When ever I see someone use the word “teething problem”, I immediately assume that the person using it doesn’t know what it takes to complete a project end to end, especially green field projects.

Since HAL & ADA are literally writing the text book for aeronautical development in india for the current century, I think we can give them some leeway even if they miss the mark by a bit.

Journey is as important as the end result.

WolfPack86

Country flag
How Israel’s Derby Missile Can Change The Game For India’s Fighter Tejas
The reason why India’s defence establishment is tilting towards the Derby missile is because it can be integrated into different types of fighter aircraft and can also be used as a surface-to-air missile for the Spyder air defence system.

Last year India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) successfully launched the Tejas studded with the Derby missile from Israel and the Close Combat Missiles (CCM) from Israel.

The Derby missile purchased by the Indian Navy was for India’s retired fleet of Sea Harriers which was purchased by Britain in 1983.

The Derby missile is also used for India’s SpyDer air defence system, also developed by Israel.

The DRDO even tweeted a photo of the “ski-jump” at the Shore Based Test Facility INS Hansa in Goa. In a tweet, the DRDO said it was “one more step in launch capability expansion for LCA Navy.” India’s naval aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya has the facility to successfully pull off the “ski-jump”.

Indian Air Force Likely To Use The Israeli I-Derby Air-To-Air Missiles ::

Reports had emerged last year of the Indian Air Force likely to use the Israeli I-Derby air-to-air missiles for its Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighters in the next two years.

Clearly, India’s defence mindset has been tilting towards the sophisticated Israeli defence machine which has in the last few years won the confidence of its elite fighting units both on land and at sea.

Derby’s Variants-I-Derby And I-Derby ER ::

The reason why India’s defence forces are tilting towards the Derby is because it can be integrated into different types of fighter aircraft including the Mirage and can also be used as a surface-to-air missile (SAM) for the Spyder air defence system making it a multi-purpose missile which can be used by the Indian Air Force and Navy.

Derby’s variants-I-Derby and I-Derby ER (Extended Range) was unveiled in Aero India five years ago.

India Increasing It’s Arsenal From Israel ::

India has been steadily increasing its arsenal from Israel. In fact, India had placed orders for Israeli Python and Derby missiles way back in 2008. The capability of the Israeli SPICE bombs is already well known.
https://www.defencenews.in/article/...nge-The-Game-For-India’s-Fighter-Tejas-809639

WARREN SS

Country flag
Please share how you avoid your shift....
So that they can even stop trying to figure that out.....
I cannot Avoid My shift Because Its a Desk Job Not a Field Job. Not In a South block Culture I have Military clerks With me In Sena bhawan
We Do Make Surprise Raids though
My auditors Do that Job For me
I thought u were the one claiming to know it all.....
Well technically I Can Get access To it From Boss( Under Secretory(IAS).Rest I have better Education then regular Babus
Please don't tell us we are no bodies....common people ....
Please take necessary action to prevent or stop..... If u know and can tell us why can't you take actions wherever whenever necessary.....
Questioned Was raised by Poster I Answered It.I Know My job Very well Anyway thanks
I want to know about that, is it severe?
Because I think that major corruption is there, when one is away from home only food can make him or her happy.
PS: CGDA Is very Vast Organization Its Audit Job Covers All defense related Accounts in all Tri-services and DPSU's
Quarterly Audit Conducted

What You asked Is very Focused Questioned that related To a Particular Wing Of HAL

HAL itself Is very vast Organization Which Manufactures ,Overhauls And Maintain all IAF Aircrafts
Answering Specifically About LCA is difficult
I have to call CGDA Bangalore Office in charge. He Will then Get access To HAL Tejas Division Bangalore Project Director in command there or in ADA
But For that I need To Go through Official channel And Convince By CO to Make call on My Behalf

But Surely Now you Asked Me I Will Try to get An Update

Last edited:

Pulkit

Country flag
I cannot Avoid My shift Because Its a Desk Job Not a Field Job.
Do you want to?

Not In a South block Culture I have Military clerks With me In Sena bhawan
We Do Make Surprise Raids though
Are you complaining? Is this making you work?
My auditors Do that Job For me

Well, technically I Can Get access To it From Boss( Under Secretory(IAS). Rest I have better Education then regular Babus
Ahaan, please do that will be a great help to us. Though it might cause you trouble...
Questioned Was raised by Poster I Answered It. I Know My job Very well Anyway thanks
I don't know if you know ur job or not... I don't know you.

What I said do whatever you can do if you know there is an issue.
B a whistleblower if needed.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2019/01/malaysia-shifts-interest-from-pakistani.html?m=1

I dont like Ajai shukla Much. he has known Sonia family connections. He has wrtten a puf piece on Tejas saying Sri Lanka and Malayasia are interested. Worth a Read. But, dont trust all he says.

Same article also says, Tejas MK1 got FOC in December.
Wait and watch, next year he will use his own article as source or another article which used his article as source to blame HAL & Govt for not being able to sell Tejas to Malaysia & Sri Lanka.

Karthi

Country flag
It is wise decision to cancel the 83 Mark 1A and go for MWF.

Pulkit

Country flag
Are you really serious??
Each category has a definite purpose in the Airforce. Some are the workhorses and some are for domination.
With the borders we have, we need a good number of workhorses and they can be Tejas Mk1A.

The operational cost per sortie is what will come into the picture and yes over cost as well.

A local option will help us to have a lesser dependency on foran companies though I do know a lot of major components in Tejas are imported it will still be beneficial in case of spares.

Please do share your logic behind this suggestion of yours.

In addition, the deal between IAF and HAL is settled. There can be a delay from Govt red tapes and approval, but I personally do not believe it is at risk of any kind.
We need more than 300+ Aircrafts in next 10 years and if Tejas does not get its share there is no way we can have those numbers.

Pulkit

Country flag
You can forget about MWF, if IAF avoids LCA MK1A..
IAF has given the nod to HAL for 83 aircraft and it is the Govt who needs to give the final go-ahead.
IAF understands that they are in dire need to raise squadrons and if you have heard the pilots operating the Tejas MK1 version they are happy with the aircraft.
The concerns they have are already getting addressed in the MK1A version so I do not think IAF is goona bail out on this.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Avoid mk1a and keep on using mig21 till mk2 arrives, once mk2 stuck delay cancel mk2 dor amca mk1 till then we can use mig21.once amc mk1 stuck delay, cance it for mk2 amca and till then we can use mig21.

Immanuel

Country flag
83 MK-1A is a must buy, else we'd end up with a useless production line meanwhile not gaining any additional experience in ramping up prod for a homemade fighter and expanding the supply chain. Heck they should also be buying an additional at least 60 LCA SPORT LIFT trainers (at least 2 Sqds for IAF and 1 for IN), We should be looking to have at least a yearly production capacity of 24 fighters for local customers plus 6-8 for per year for export customers. An eventual peak production rate of at least 30-32 is a must.

With 36 Rafale coming by 2023, we can defer 36-54 additional orders of the Rafale till 2023-24 if we are worried about budgets. LCA must take priority.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles