LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

abhay rajput

Country flag
Did you even read What I posted
Based on the successful integration and demonstration, Regional Centre for Military Airworthiness (RCMA), a unit of DRDO has cleared the series production aircraft of Squadron 45, to be equipped with Derby capability. LCA Tejas has successfully completed a series of captive flight trials to clear Derby for the full operational capability in the entire FOC envelope. In the past, Tejas has qualified for the armaments and missile release related trials.

Flying daggers of squadron 45 already
Cleared for operation with Derby

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=178996

Do you know what Foc is it's just clearance Certificate

Also Mk1 have IOC-2 not IOC

do you know why because it's not as simple as that and if it was it wouldn't have taken so much time for Tejas FOC.. again I am repeating Tejas BVR capability will come with FOC which is yet to be delivered . Don't believe hal they will not even deliver first 4 FOC on time and you think by announcing a test it's operational.. it takes even France a year to make it operational after all trials and you think we can also do it in 1 year...

no smoking

Country flag
India have enough resources to build Equipments but issue is forces are not ready to induct them.
What resources? Where are they?
Just look at the speed of India weapon development, only fools will believe that forces are the only one to be blamed.

And not to forget how Russian army is equipped with similar budget. If india keeps importing and boost this budget to 100 billion then also nothing will change in terms of indigenous Equipments.
That is the funniest argument favored by Indian fanboy. You just can't see how much investment Russian already accumulated in their military complexity during cold war. They ALREADY have hundreds of thousands experienced and knowledgeable scientists working with the world 2nd largest military R&D facilities for over 70 years. While India is now starting to build these from ground.

Let me share you my own experience with India manufacturing capability:
When our group decided to set up a production line in India in 2016, we have to bring ALL the equipment from all over the world. Engineers were sent in from Europe, Asia to train Indian employees since most of them have no much manufacturing experience. It took us more than 2 years to get the production line to be ready. Do you know how much time we got the South East Asian factories into running? Less than 1 year with 1/3 cost! Until today, the unit cost of India is still higher than the same product in South East Asian when though the salary of workers in latter is higher.

WARREN SS

Country flag
do you know why because it's not as simple as that and if it was it wouldn't have taken so much time for Tejas FOC.. again I am repeating Tejas BVR capability will come with FOC which is yet to be delivered . Don't believe hal they will not even deliver first 4 FOC on time and you think by announcing a test it's operational.. it takes even France a year to make it operational after all trials and you think we can also do it in 1 year...
Are Pad toh
Lei
What written
They talking about Squadron 45 which Flying daggers

Vilander

Country flag
Technically india have world's largest armed forces if we add CRPF in it too which kinda works like Army.
Always been my pet fascination. Its CAPF, such a large armed force not called an Army only such example in the world.

Central armed police force under home ministry.

Together they are more than a million or 1 to 1.4 million depending on various sources I have read it from.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Assumptions assumptions! Don't AFAIK without having solid info.

No one knew the range of Derby and if you think any company will release actual range for such sensitive tech is sadly mistaken. Moreover, Indian variant is I-Derby and not the older one.

Lastly, 45SQ can fire it, they received s.w update back way back in 2018.

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=178996

Astra and Derby ER along with ASRAAM will be prime missiles for Tejas until meteor or sfdr rolls in to replace derby and Astra mk2 come in.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Yeah you don't know anything probably a kid. FOC isn't deliver yet.. not a single FOC Tejas has been delivered yet ..!
Sure I am kid with three Children's of my Own:biggrin2:

Joke's apart
I am a Account officer at
CGDA in Ministry defense

Joined auditer By Clearing SSC SGL in 2014

Unlike Many DFI's Fanboi's I have Firsthand experience In having a Close look on DPSU's

indiatester

Country flag

Joke's apart
CGDA in Ministry defense

Unlike Many DFI's Fanboi's I have Firsthand experience In having a Close look on DPSU's
Hope you are giving them a piece of your mind more internally and less externally.
Since you are in the system, wish you success in improving it from the inside.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Astra and Derby ER along with ASRAAM will be prime missiles for Tejas until meteor or sfdr rolls in to replace derby and Astra mk2 come in.

Astra Mk 2 many be testes by the end of this year. It has many goodies over Mk1. It can throttle its engine and engage maneuvering target netter. It can save fuel, engage maneuvering target at a greater range roughly equal to Meteor. it will have better electronics

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Astra Mk 2 many be testes by the end of this year. It has many goodies over Mk1. It can throttle its engine and engage maneuvering target netter. It can save fuel, engage maneuvering target at a greater range roughly equal to Meteor. it will have better electronics

Meteor has a NEZ of 60-70 km and it has a ramjet engine I think lot of discussion has happened in the forum to understand the difference between both.

Astra mk 2 may start being tested but will still take time to develop and then enter production and it is not an alternative for meteor.

Meteor will shift the balance of aerial war in our favor . SFDR is its alternative and hopefully a good one.

Meteor will not be integrated with an Israeli Radar so until Uttam comes in we will be dependent on Derby ER and ASRAAM . Astra mk1 will be another missile that will be integrated.

Meteor /SFDR Astra mk2 Astra IR are planned weapon system for future.

Last edited:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

Joke's apart
CGDA in Ministry defense

Thanks for the identification.....
Ray of hope for many like me who are trying for figure out what these PSU and Babus are doing....

Where is SP21 which was supposed to be delivered last December and is still to be delivered?

Why was the delay?

Where is Kaveri engine?

When will the deal for 83 Mk1A be done?

What is the production rate of HAL?

Please don't say that these are top secret and you cannot share this with many like me who are just trying to get some answers.....

FYI been following Tejas and defense for atleast 20 years soon....

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Hope you are giving them a piece of your mind more internally and less externally.
Since you are in the system, wish you success in improving it from the inside.
He's one of them.....
We should redirect all questions we have concerning PSUs and Mod.....
I have asked few above....please add to the list....
Please start with the basic questions.... Warm up .....

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Ray of hope for many like me who are trying for figure out what these PSU and Babus are doing....

Where is SP21 which was supposed to be delivered last December and is still to be delivered?

Why was the delay?

Where is Kaveri engine?

Please don't say that these are top secret and you cannot share this with many like me who are just trying to get some answers.....

He is in account not production /HAL

Easy.. tiger.

WARREN SS

Country flag
figure out what these PSU and Babus are doing....
They are Figuring Out How to Avoid 8 hour Shift And Go home 3 pm :biggrin2::biggrin2:Like All Saarkari Naukars do:megusta::megusta:

Why was the delay?

Where is Kaveri engine?

I am an AO in MOD Not Ninda Turtle himself :facepalm::facepalm:
I can Tell Things that are In My domain
Working Ethics in DPSU's ,Classified War wastage Reserves warehouses ,DRDO labs,
Corruption in Army CSD canteens:hehe:. Pensions and remuneration etc

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
They are Figuring Out How to Avoid 8 hour Shift And Go home 3 pm :biggrin2::biggrin2:Like All Saarkari Naukars do:megusta::megusta:

I am an AO in MOD Not Ninda Turtle himself :facepalm::facepalm:
I can Tell Things that are In My domain
Working Ethics in DPSU's ,Classified War wastage Reserves warehouses ,DRDO labs,
Corruption in Army CSD canteens:hehe:. Pensions and remuneration etc
Sir jo pata he wohi bata do detail me.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I want to know about that, is it severe?
Because I think that major corruption is there, when one is away from home only food can make him or her happy.
Yes It Is, Majority In Alcohol ,Electronic Items And Clothing
Smuggling is Rampant .Many Army CSD's are Also smuggling Camo's :frusty:

Fake bills, Vendors Created To sell CSD Products Outside

But Lets just Say they are Just 20-30% Of What DPSU's Babu's And Sahib's Do :tsk:

Last edited:

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Why was the delay?

Where is Kaveri engine?

@WARREN SS
Would like to add my questions too :

(1) Why tax (or remove) disability pension ?
(2) Why the fk 2 years to sign (yet to sign) Tejas mk1a contract (no offense to you) ? I mean why so long dammit ? They're ready to open chaddi underwear to foreign maal but won't unbutton even shirt to Tejas !

Global Defence

Articles