LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Everyone please give it a try & see if it's showing the same search results for you... or I'll change the wordings again.
View attachment 38224 View attachment 38225

Yes.. i read somewhere that i could be replaced by a SPJ or IRST!
If you know where the please send me that.
Make a genuine account instead or editing anonymously and add the citation along. Let me know if you have trouble anywhere. If you won't, someone will revert your edits.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Make a genuine account instead or editing anonymously and add the citation along. Let me know if you have trouble anywhere. If you won't, someone will revert your edits.
Will do, i can't upload photos otherwise!

I'm providing citations for every changes, rewritten the text in own words to avoid copyright violations.
Can making an account help to stop a Paki from reverting those edits? (although i doubt anyone has touched the page in years, no post-2015 updates... most pics & info are even older).

I

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I very much happy pricing issue is resolved
and I hope IAF orders more Tejas fighter.
Could you do one more thing? add new projects like QRSAM in DRDO's list which is at the bottom
http://delhidefencereview.com/2019/...design-evolution-of-an-indian-fighter-part-i/

This is the article. Ferry range tested to 2100+ km ,8.5 g demonstrated with 26° angle of attack.
In all probability it'll be Akash 1S.
Ok, i need help...
Can someone please compile all the upgrades that are to be done in Mark 1A & Mark 2?

Just send me the post links.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Will do, i can't upload photos otherwise!

I'm providing citations for every changes, rewritten the text in own words to avoid copyright violations.
Just don't post any image you don't hold copyright of. If you have, feel free to do so.
Can making an account help to stop a Paki from reverting those edits? (although i doubt anyone has touched the page in years, no post-2015 updates... most pics & info are even older).
Yes indeed. As account gets old, its voice too will be listened. Or you can use my account. It has extended confirmed rights.

Shashwat

Country flag
@Bleh - create an account and then make edits, you are leaving your IP as trace at wiki edits.

Images never work unless you know exact license you want to use.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ok, i need help...
Can someone please compile all the upgrades that are to be done in Mark 1A & Mark 2?

Just send me the post links.
http://delhidefencereview.com/2019/...design-evolution-of-an-indian-fighter-part-i/

The same article I previously posted for mk1 data.
It also talks about planned specs of mk1a.

"the Tejas Mk1A which will be equipped with an ELTA EL/M- 2052 active electronic scanned array (AESA) radar along with a compatible electronic warfare suite, which would include a self protection jammer (SPJ) pod carried on the outboard wing pylon. This position was found to derive maximum performance out of the pod. On the the outboard pylon, two CCMs would be carried on a dual-rack pylon as shown in Figure 1. This configuration was found to have lowest drag penalties among a variety of studied configurations [19].
The aircraft would also be fitted with an Onboard Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS) which would allow pilots to undertake long endurance flights. The turnaround time of the aircraft has also been reduced by means of hot refueling, a feature that SAAB wanted to showcase on its Gripen fighter during the MMRCA competition.

aerodynamically shaped pylons, significant drag reduction could be affected in supersonic regimes[18]. Figure 4 shows the inboard pylons before and after the reshaping. These new pylons have already been realized and are expected to even become a part of the MK1/1A platforms.

And that article itself has multiple links . It's a well researched article. It also has some images .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Just don't post any image you don't hold copyright of. If you have, feel free to do so.

Yes indeed. As account gets old, its voice too will be listened. Or you can use my account. It has extended confirmed rights.
Better yet let's compile the data here itself and let @Indx TechStyle post it with his account. Use my links in above posts.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Replace 1 kg with 1.5 ton

This guy is from brf.....
And here is answer in quora
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-exact-combat-radius-of-the-Tejas-MK-2-fighter-jet

Bdw @NeXoft007 @porky_kicker
@IndianHawk ....your views
Bison is a bit faster. It's Mach 2 interceptor. While lca is no slouch at Mach 1.8 .

And lca can be airborne faster than mig because it can be hot refueled on the ground between sortie without shutting the engine. So it makes up for speed here. Also lca foc can be refueled in air by either tanker or even su30mki giving it extensive range without coming back to ground.

Mig21 could only do air to air with just 4 missile.
Lca can carry 6-8 CCM+ bvr. ( 6 currently with dual rack pylon mk1a will take numbers to 8 or more.)

Lca can lift 4ton+ , mig21 can only lift 2ton.
Lca can lift 2 ton in leh!!

Lca is multirole can carry LDP and other pods and do precision strike. Mk1a wil be in different league with aesa ground mapping .( It will be better than mirage or jaguar for strike role with proper aesa radar.)

Mk1a with aesa and i-Derby ER + Astra missile can take down f16 remaining much farther away than mig21 had to go.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
http://delhidefencereview.com/2019/...ows-a-pair-becomes-the-medium-weight-fighter/

This is link for mwf info . All info about performance improvement with superb images .

Ask me if any doubt.
Thanks a lot man, I couldn't find this.
Better yet let's compile the data here itself and let @Indx TechStyle post it with his account. Use my links in above posts.
I made one myself. I am almost done updating the wikipedia Tejas page... Go check it out.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles