LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We do not need to import European radars to get Meteor operational with MWF or even the last batch of Mk1A. They will integrate the Meteor with our own Uttam radar if it's not found to have any Israeli backdoors. MBDA UK had even suggested allowing Meteor to be integrated with the Su-30 MKI, going against the French policy so even if they don't do that, surely there's a good chance the meteor with end up getting integrated with the Uttam so relax. And for what it's worth a dulse pulse motor AAM such as Derby ER or Astra Mk2 is more than enough for the Pakistanis and most of the PLAAF.
But why did we choose an Israeli radar for Tejas instead of European radar ?

amit19

Country flag
IAF should buy 36 more Rafales and invest the rest of the money in MWF ORCA and Tejas MK1A and if possible an upgraded variant MK1B
So yesterday, you wanted Gripin and today you don't want Gripin!
Or it's like In the evening, you want Gripin, and in the morning, you don't want it!

If you keep harping Gripin for next few pages, then am afred but you will be treated as troll !!

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So yesterday, you wanted Gripin and today you don't want Gripin!
Or it's like In the evening, you want Gripin, and in the morning, you don't want it!

If you keep harping Gripin for next few pages, then am afred but you will be treated as troll !!
Atleast I don’t want to those 40 years old junk F16 😁 I am only comparing Tejas and griepen in this era of BVR combat RCS, Radar range and Long range missiles matter most

amit19

Country flag
Atleast I don’t want to those 40 years old junk F16 😁 I am only comparing Tejas and griepen in this era of BVR combat RCS, Radar range and Long range missiles matter most
You should expand the dimensions of comparison adding future fleet grouth, weaponry grouth, and what DRDO is going. Read more about it. Then you will realise why Gripin is not an option for comparison.

noobmaster69

Country flag
Oh so we went for the cheapest one
Also because the Israelis are much more forthcoming about sharing the codes and helped us develope radar technology. Going with the European radar would have soured our co operation with the Isrealis in developing radar tech and would have left us dependent on the Europeans for radars for a long time. It's not just about Meteor, it's also about us us owing a reliable radar with IPR and that too within a short timeframe.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes it's always shout the cost the MOD's makes that situation's .
Maybe the ELTA 2052 is best bang for the buck but I wanted Tejas to have the ability to carry as much variety of weapons as Griepen does because we have already bought Rafales and Meteors hope that UTTAM and Astra comes fast

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Maybe the ELTA 2052 is best bang for the buck but I wanted Tejas to have the ability to carry as much variety of weapons as Griepen does because we have already bought Rafales and Meteors hope that UTTAM and Astra comes fast
Uttam's problem have almost been sorted and could make it's way even into the Mark 1A's .

noobmaster69

Country flag
Fingers crossed! 🤞🏼 And once we have Uttam operational we will be able to integrate any weaponary on offer throughout the world including the American, Isreali, European and Russian ones in addition to our own indigenous ones.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Fingers crossed! 🤞🏼 And once we have Uttam operational we will be able to integrate any weaponary on offer throughout the world including the American, Isreali, European and Russian ones in addition to our own indigenous ones.
Let’s see 27th February incident when our pilot had to go inside pok for downing that F16 shouldn’t have happened and we should have the capability to down atleast 8-10 F16 if Pakistan tries such misadventure again

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Iaf has its own requirements........
Tejas has its limitations,at last it's light fighter.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
You want the parts, components, systems of Gripen into Tejas and according to you almost everything of gripen should be included in Tejas, the way you are posting, it seems you even want the airframe of gripen for Tejas. So stop doing this nonsense.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles