Know Your 'Rafale'

Defcon 1

Country flag
See my reply above where I quote a news article that speaks of certification
No where that article mentions that the Kaveri weight is reduced to 1000 kg or the thrust has been increased from 72 kn.

Also the source of that article is a facebook page which is closed now. I am still waiting for a source which says Kaveri's weight is reduced to 1000 kg

IndianHawk

Country flag
No, MK1A is just a stop gap measure. There is no real interest in pursuing it. MK1A is only to keep assembly running and to end teething problem. Since we already have Al31FP made in India, there is nothing to jump about Kaveri. India considers Su30 as enough for defending India for the time being.

Why will India replace F404 in Tejas when the program is a dead end? India is more focused on MWF & AMCA. That is also why Rafale deal was made so as to use Kaveri in Rafale and to make up for Tejas MK1 being a mistake

DRDO website states the TWR to be 7.8 for 81kN enngine. So, 8100/7.8 = 1036kg.
We will be operating 123 mk1a (40 mk1 will be upgraded to mk1a. It will be second most numerous fighter in iaf after su30mki by 2030 untill mwf crosses it's numbers.

It will also be 3rd type with aesa radar after jaguar and rafale. It will be able to carry 2 bramhos Ng giving it tremendous standoff capabilities.

It will have capable ew suite with spj and will mate with derby ER and Astra mk2. Giving it longer range bvr capabilities then mig 29 and mirage 2000 ( unless mirage is mated with meteor.)

Mk1a will serve as operational test bed for Uttam aesa with which meteor can also be mated making it second most dangerous bvr bird in iaf after rafale.

It will also serve as test bed to mate sfdr missile with Uttam aesa. Sfdr again will make it more dangerous then anything China or Pakistan currently have.

For a stop gap fighter these numbers and these capabilities are all right.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
I've heard about this stupid idea called MWF. I don't know man, it seems silly. The Rafale and the MWF are so similar that there's no use, we should get rid of the MWF. Just buy more Rafales.

The MWF induction is expected to be around 2025, and the MMRCA induction shouldn't be much earlier, if all goes well. The MWF is going to fly with the F414. Rafale will fly with M88. I won't believe otherwise until I see concrete evidence that Kaveri is successful, and that ADA or HAL is trying to integrate it.

Mwf is mini rafale . Rafale is twin engine so operations and maintenance cost are much higher . We need Single engine birds to make up the numbers .

Rafale can lift 9 ton, mwf will lift 6.5 .
Rafale ew , radar will have more power thanks to twin engine .mwf a bit less.

But mwf provides 70-80% of rafale capabilities at 50% costs meanwhile mwf furthers Indian design and development capabilities.

We can't afford 200 rafale but we can afford 200+ mwf. Countries like France have to maintain only 250-300 birds so they can go full hog on Uber expensive rafale .
India has to maintain 800 birds so we need 120 mk1a and 200 mwf .

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Yes, this is because the MK1A upgrades will be used in MWF and hence it will be useful in making MWF. It is not investment in design of MK1A but electronics, avionics and other technology which can be reused elsewhere, mainly in MWF & even AMCA. So, investment is not for MK1A

See my reply above where I quote a news article that speaks of certification
Mwf will have hardly an similarity with mk1a. From radar to software, to jammer and to even system architecture, will be different, their wont be any Similarity in the mission computers due to different origin. The thing they will share are the weapons not anything from avionics .

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
Mwf is mini rafale . Rafale is twin engine so operations and maintenance cost are much higher . We need Single engine birds to make up the numbers .

Rafale can lift 9 ton, mwf will lift 6.5 .
Rafale ew , radar will have more power thanks to twin engine .mwf a bit less.

But mwf provides 70-80% of rafale capabilities at 50% costs meanwhile mwf furthers Indian design and development capabilities.

We can't afford 200 rafale but we can afford 200+ mwf. Countries like France have to maintain only 250-300 birds so they can go full hog on Uber expensive rafale .
India has to maintain 800 birds so we need 120 mk1a and 200 mwf .

This is besides my point. I'm trying to point out the stupidity in @Avaidhya Tiwari's logic. He thinks that Kaveri was a success so we will remove the Rafale's M88, and use the Kaveri instead, because "indigenous alternatives are available".

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
Cites a dead Facebook link. Also in contradiction with many other articles on the Kaveri since.

You need not see everything.
They would be jumping all over the place about how the production MWF and AMCA would fly with Kaveri.

This is because we need backups and can't completely rely on France.
So why not just ditch Rafale entirely? Why not just rely on ourselves? You're making stupid half baked arguments.

We can't help, if Malaysia requests. Does not mean we will export
We could have said "no, we don't want to export". Instead we sent a Tejas team there, let the RMAF evaluate it and responded to their RFI. Stop being silly, use your brain. We very much intend to export it.

Advaidhya Tiwari

No where that article mentions that the Kaveri weight is reduced to 1000 kg or the thrust has been increased from 72 kn.

Also the source of that article is a facebook page which is closed now. I am still waiting for a source which says Kaveri's weight is reduced to 1000 kg
Secifications of Kaveri by DRDO (It was updated in 2018):
https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/index.jsp?pg=kaveri-new.jsp

https://idrw.org/kaveri-engine-soon-to-head-for-high-altitude-tests/

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
From the DRDO website :
Kaveri Engine is a technologically complex and vital system for the LCA as well as its future variants. It incorporates state-of-the-art technologies and provides the required thrust for indigenous competence in this critical area.

So stop with the BS that Kaveri isn't relevant for LCA. As for future variants, please feel free to go through DRDO's news letters. During the 2018 May-June-July time there is no mention of Kaveri, but there is mention of Derby integration, engine for Tapas, engine for MBT-80, and other projects.

Advaidhya Tiwari

I linked Bharat Rakshak link just below the original quote.

Bharat Rakshak is also a forum like this. I have seen many more ridiculous excel sheets. That is why I asked for source with proper details, not BR-forum.

We will be operating 123 mk1a (40 mk1 will be upgraded to mk1a. It will be second most numerous fighter in iaf after su30mki by 2030 untill mwf crosses it's numbers.

It will also be 3rd type with aesa radar after jaguar and rafale. It will be able to carry 2 bramhos Ng giving it tremendous standoff capabilities.

It will have capable ew suite with spj and will mate with derby ER and Astra mk2. Giving it longer range bvr capabilities then mig 29 and mirage 2000 ( unless mirage is mated with meteor.)

Mk1a will serve as operational test bed for Uttam aesa with which meteor can also be mated making it second most dangerous bvr bird in iaf after rafale.

It will also serve as test bed to mate sfdr missile with Uttam aesa. Sfdr again will make it more dangerous then anything China or Pakistan currently have.

For a stop gap fighter these numbers and these capabilities are all right.

The 123 is not a big number when being made fully indigenous. the small number of Indian fighters is due to India lacking ability to make them till now.

MK1A will serve as a test bed for many development and is meant to help India develop other planes easily. But it is not by itself a plane which IAF or MoD prefers. It is considered as too small. Parrikar himself said that tejas is a good plane but too small

Mwf will have hardly an similarity with mk1a. From radar to software, to jammer and to even system architecture, will be different, their wont be any Similarity in the mission computers due to different origin. The thing they will share are the weapons not anything from avionics .
What? Different origins? MWF & LCA are both made by same agencies and using same people. MWF is like an upgrade of LCA just like Super-hornet from hornet or Su30 MKi from Su27. MWF will use same or upgraded version of the items used in LCA MK1A, depending on how much upgrade happens in the time gap between Mk1A & MWF.

They would be jumping all over the place about how the production MWF and AMCA would fly with Kaveri.
It is not flying with kaveri but K10 engine. Since it is not yet developed, they are skeptical about stating that. Last time GTRE had faced severe brickbats and the people in GTRE stall would always be pessimistic in exhibitions. So, they learnt to not open their mouth before the project reaches certain maturity level. They are just keeping quiet for this reason, not that K10 isn't under development

So why not just ditch Rafale entirely? Why not just rely on ourselves? You're making stupid half baked arguments.
I am being extremely coherent. The most important aspect here is "uncertainty". We don't have a guarantee in R&D. So, we take as many options as possible. We get rafale with UTTAM & kaveri as an indigenous option while also getting MWF developed in India to hedge the risk.

MWF will be developed independent of Rafale and hence does not involve any risk of foreign whims. But MWF is not yet ready and there is a risk or R&D failure and delays. Rafale is already a proven design and hence has no risk of R&D failure but there is risk of foreign whims. So, by running two projects simultaenously, we "hedge" the risks

We could have said "no, we don't want to export". Instead we sent a Tejas team there, let the RMAF evaluate it and responded to their RFI. Stop being silly, use your brain. We very much intend to export it.
We don't say no so directly. No is always said in indirect and polite manner so as to keep options open in the future. It is always better to say no in terms of "capability deficit" rather than "intention deficit". This is true in real life too.

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
Bharat Rakshak is also a forum like this. I have seen many more ridiculous excel sheets. That is why I asked for source with proper details, not BR-forum.

The 123 is not a big number when being made fully indigenous. the small number of Indian fighters is due to India lacking ability to make them till now.
We've been making most of the Su-30 MKI indigenously, and now the Tejas MK1. Please find another more sane argument.
MK1A will serve as a test bed for many development and is meant to help India develop other planes easily. But it is not by itself a plane which IAF or MoD prefers. It is considered as too small. Parrikar himself said that tejas is a good plane but too small
The MiG 21 Bison was far shittier than the Tejas yet it was used on the 27th. No AF will induct 123 birds and then completely ignore them, especially when the Mk1 and Mk1A are probably the most modern fighetrs iwth the IAF right now.

What? Different origins? MWF & LCA are both made by same agencies and using same people. MWF is like an upgrade of LCA just like Super-hornet from hornet or Su30 MKi from Su27. MWF will use same or upgraded version of the items used in LCA MK1A, depending on how much upgrade happens in the time gap between Mk1A & MWF.
It is only physically similar to the LCA. It has new CLAW, and will share avionics and other equipment with AMCA. So IRST, Radar, and net centric capabilities are definitely new, and much more massive than the F/A-18C/D to F/A-18E/F. ADA has already stated this.

It is not flying with kaveri but K10 engine. Since it is not yet developed, they are skeptical about stating that. Last time GTRE had faced severe brickbats and the people in GTRE stall would always be pessimistic in exhibitions. So, they learnt to not open their mouth before the project reaches certain maturity level. They are just keeping quiet for this reason, not that K10 isn't under development
Right but fitting the Kaveri on the mk1A is something they can definitely do. It will improve performance over the mk1. This is your own argument. Yet you claim that Tejas is somehow some irrelevant plane.

I am being extremely coherent. The most important aspect here is "uncertainty". We don't have a guarantee in R&D. So, we take as many options as possible. We get rafale with UTTAM & kaveri as an indigenous option while also getting MWF developed in India to hedge the risk.
Oh ok. Some really great imagination you have there.

MWF will be developed independent of Rafale and hence does not involve any risk of foreign whims. But MWF is not yet ready and there is a risk or R&D failure and delays. Rafale is already a proven design and hence has no risk of R&D failure but there is risk of foreign whims. So, by running two projects simultaenously, we "hedge" the risks
Exactly. Rafale is a proven design. We won't modify it by fitting parts from other designs which aren't proven, like Kaveri, Uttam and other things.

We don't say no so directly. No is always said in indirect and polite manner so as to keep options open in the future. It is always better to say no in terms of "capability deficit" rather than "intention deficit". This is true in real life too.
Right. HAL doesn't have to answer. Ask how the US denies F-22 sales? They say no. Nobody offers planes like this and then says "we don't have capability to sell". Do you realise how insane you sound? That means we just wasted the RMAF's time. If we said no straight away, they wouldn't waste their time evaluating Tejas. There's also the money wasted in flying Tejas there and maintaining it.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I have already told you that those are the target specifications. The fact is Kaveri never achieved 81 KN thrust and was shut down after achieving 72 KN thrust in 2012.

This has been confirmed by multiple media reports, for example, this one.
https://www.business-standard.com/a...uristic-unmanned-aircraft-112122602012_1.html

You are simply parroting DRDO website which mentions the target specifications of the Kaveri engine, not the actual thrust or weight achieved. I am asking you to provide me a source which says 81 KN of thrust and 1000 kg of weight has actually been achieved.

I don't understand why you are beating around the bush here.

Last edited:

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag

which item can you clarify,how drdo made things are upgraded hal things.

IndianHawk

Country flag

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/f414.htm

This is another linked which confirms what was posted on Bharat Rakshak.

GE engine are modular so parts are exchangeable . Western engine have longer service lives and less maintenance requirements as compared to Russian . It is well established. So what are you disbelieving , component price?? Remember 1000+ f414 are already out there bringing down component price sharply.

Advaidhya Tiwari

We've been making most of the Su-30 MKI indigenously, and now the Tejas MK1. Please find another more sane argument.
Su30 MKI has been made fully only since Fy15. Till then India used to import engine. Duh!

The MiG 21 Bison was far shittier than the Tejas yet it was used on the 27th. No AF will induct 123 birds and then completely ignore them, especially when the Mk1 and Mk1A are probably the most modern fighetrs iwth the IAF right now.
In its time, MiG21 was much betetr. Now, it is just being continued and not given too much importance. Tejas MK1A is not yet developed. Many electronic capability is being developed.

It is only physically similar to the LCA. It has new CLAW, and will share avionics and other equipment with AMCA. So IRST, Radar, and net centric capabilities are definitely new, and much more massive than the F/A-18C/D to F/A-18E/F. ADA has already stated this.
Not new but upgraded ones. Only some items are new like AESA and few other avionics. The problem we have is with the physical design itself. The Tejas is too small and hence undesirable

Right but fitting the Kaveri on the mk1A is something they can definitely do. It will improve performance over the mk1. This is your own argument. Yet you claim that Tejas is somehow some irrelevant plan
Tejas is irrelevant plane and that is why we don't put much efforts. It should be cmmon sense. The 3.5ton payload is considered as too measly and only good for air superiority/ interception role. It is considered as being too light to carry ground bombings. After 2 drop tanks and 2 AAM, the remaining payload weight is 1.5ton which is too less. hence the physical design of Tejas MK1 itself is undesirable. Regardless of what electronics you put, it will still be undesirable

Exactly. Rafale is a proven design. We won't modify it by fitting parts from other designs which aren't proven, like Kaveri, Uttam and other things.
The design is proven. So, when Kaveri and UTTAM are proven, then it will work. The main problem here is about physical design of airframe of Tejas Mk1 is faulty and hence we get Rafale's airframe design from France. Tejas Mk1 is irrelevant plane and is only used to maintain assembly line expertise and to ensure the workers are well tarined.

Right. HAL doesn't have to answer. Ask how the US denies F-22 sales? They say no. Nobody offers planes like this and then says "we don't have capability to sell". Do you realise how insane you sound? That means we just wasted the RMAF's time. If we said no straight away, they wouldn't waste their time evaluating Tejas. There's also the money wasted in flying Tejas there and maintaining it.
We can't be like USA as we have only 1 plane LCA. USA has many planes and does offer F15, F16 to others. They only refuse certain models. So, it is different

I have already told you that those are the target specifications. The fact is Kaveri never achieved 81 KN thrust and was shut down after achieving 72 KN thrust in 2012.

This has been confirmed by multiple media reports, for example, this one.
https://www.business-standard.com/a...uristic-unmanned-aircraft-112122602012_1.html

You are simply parroting DRDO website which mentions the target specifications of the Kaveri engine, not the actual thrust or weight achieved. I am asking you to provide me a source which says 81 KN of thrust and 1000 kg of weight has actually been achieved.

I don't understand why you are beating around the bush here.
It should be common sense that if dry variant is working, the engine is working well. the wet variant is the after burner and does not involve much of the complex parts like hot turbines etc. All these parts rests in the dry core. So, if that is working, it mean engine is working.

Also, I have said befoe, DRDO expected specification was 78kn which they updated recently. I have been checking the website and I know this well. The TWR of 7.8 and 81kN should be enough to get the weight. It is simple mathematics.

which item can you clarify,how drdo made things are upgraded hal things.
MK1A is esentially an upgrade over MK1. It has several new things like EW, SPJ, AESA etc over MK1. These are made by DRDO in various departments like LRDE, DARE etc. HAL upgrades some parts liek avionics in HAL-SAMTEL JV etc.

Overall, MWF will have different physical design and some additional technoloy but it will mostly draw from MK1A.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/f414.htm

This is another linked which confirms what was posted on Bharat Rakshak.

GE engine are modular so parts are exchangeable . Western engine have longer service lives and less maintenance requirements as compared to Russian . It is well established. So what are you disbelieving , component price?? Remember 1000+ f414 are already out there bringing down component price sharply.

The price of F414 is politically decided, not a function of cost. Even if it costs USA just $1000 to make it, it will still price it high as it is monopoly scenario.

Next, I agree tat F414 is modular but the parts must still be made in USA, not India. So, modularity does not help in indigenisation in any way. The USA control is the problem and hence F414 is unacceptable.

Defcon 1

Country flag
It should be common sense that if dry variant is working, the engine is working well. the wet variant is the after burner and does not involve much of the complex parts like hot turbines etc. All these parts rests in the dry core. So, if that is working, it mean engine is working.

Also, I have said befoe, DRDO expected specification was 78kn which they updated recently. I have been checking the website and I know this well. The TWR of 7.8 and 81kN should be enough to get the weight. It is simple mathematics.
What does the above BS has got to do anything with what I asked. It is very clearly written everywhere that the target wet thrust of 81 KN was never achieved. You claimed that Kaveri has achieved 81 KN thrust and a weight of 1000 kg. I am simply asking you to prove either of the above statements. I have categorically proved that Kaveri never achieved more than 72KN of thrust and it was shut down after that.

This is the second source proving this:
https://www.business-standard.com/a...search-for-kaveri-partner-113010400075_1.html

Either prove explicitly that Kaveri has achieved 81 KN of wet thrust or shut up your BS. Repetition of same lie again and again is simply trolling. You know nothing.

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
Su30 MKI has been made fully only since Fy15. Till then India used to import engine. Duh!
Irrelevant. We have two airframes we can build now.

In its time, MiG21 was much betetr. Now, it is just being continued and not given too much importance. Tejas MK1A is not yet developed. Many electronic capability is being developed.
You're starting to sound really dumb. The MiG 21 Bison was our primary interceptor on 27th. That's not a platform you just ignore. Again, why buy 123 planes if the design is so useless? We could have bout 40 and left it at that.

Not new but upgraded ones. Only some items are new like AESA and few other avionics. The problem we have is with the physical design itself. The Tejas is too small and hence undesirable
I was discussing the MWF there, not mk1A

Tejas is irrelevant plane and that is why we don't put much efforts. It should be cmmon sense. The 3.5ton payload is considered as too measly and only good for air superiority/ interception role. It is considered as being too light to carry ground bombings. After 2 drop tanks and 2 AAM, the remaining payload weight is 1.5ton which is too less. hence the physical design of Tejas MK1 itself is undesirable. Regardless of what electronics you put, it will still be undesirable
Right. We buy 123 irrelevant jets. We have too much cash lying around so we decided 123 "waste" fighters is good use of it. As for your common sense, if we integrate Kaveri, with the specs you claim it has, it will improve MTOW. So 3.8T can become around 4T. With 4T, it can easily carry 2xJDAMS with 1 drop tank, and 2xAAMS, and a IRST pod. That works out well. Stop making up BS by picking random arbitrary configurations. Also Kaveri is shorter, so it afford more space internally. That can be used for more fuel, reducing the need for external tanks.

The design is proven. So, when Kaveri and UTTAM are proven, then it will work. The main problem here is about physical design of airframe of Tejas Mk1 is faulty and hence we get Rafale's airframe design from France. Tejas Mk1 is irrelevant plane and is only used to maintain assembly line expertise and to ensure the workers are well tarined.
The Kaveri didn't succeed. Why is this hard to comprehend? There is no evidence that Kaveri was successful. Literally no evidence. The best we have are rumours. No major news site reported it. Its not even in the DRDO newsletters. The Tejas airframe works just fine, and will be even better with the supposed Kaveri. The Tejas had issues with F404's intakes, which could not be enlarged for sufficient airflow. The Tejas was designed with Kaver's intakes in mind. We could have easily just stuck the Kaveri and would have improved the Tejas's performance. Use your brain.

We can't be like USA as we have only 1 plane LCA. USA has many planes and does offer F15, F16 to others. They only refuse certain models. So, it is different
That's irrelevant. They deny the sales. Same way, we don't waste someone's time, and our money. We just tell them no, we won't export. It literally takes less effort and money. You're being really stupid here.

You clearly know nothing about jet engines. Don't make up nonsense.

Only you noticed this change and nobody else. And this supposed change is irrelevant. Unless DRDO publicly announces that the Kaveri is successful, and attempts to integrate with the Tejas prototypes, it is a silent failure.

MK1A is esentially an upgrade over MK1. It has several new things like EW, SPJ, AESA etc over MK1. These are made by DRDO in various departments like LRDE, DARE etc. HAL upgrades some parts liek avionics in HAL-SAMTEL JV etc.

Overall, MWF will have different physical design and some additional technoloy but it will mostly draw from MK1A.
https://idrw.org/general-electric-offers-india-a-new-engine-for-mwf-and-amca-fighter-program/

https://idrw.org/scoop-mwf-and-amca-might-have-a-common-engine/

The MWF will have a modified airframe that is similar to the LCA. Beyond that, it has an IRST, Uttam, and many other enhancements. Its not the same old plane. Not even close. And no, its not "based on the mk1A". Its more than the mk1A. Why is this hard to comprehend? It will not be drawing anything from mk1A.

Advaidhya Tiwari

What does the above BS has got to do anything with what I asked. It is very clearly written everywhere that the target wet thrust of 81 KN was never achieved. You claimed that Kaveri has achieved 81 KN thrust and a weight of 1000 kg. I am simply asking you to prove either of the above statements. I have categorically proved that Kaveri never achieved more than 72KN of thrust and it was shut down after that.

This is the second source proving this:
https://www.business-standard.com/a...search-for-kaveri-partner-113010400075_1.html

Either prove explicitly that Kaveri has achieved 81 KN of wet thrust or shut up your BS. Repetition of same lie again and again is simply trolling.
You gave 2013 article based on UPA government;s sabotage tactics? Wah! If giving DRDO website is not explicit, what is/?

Irrelevant. We have two airframes we can build now.
So, what? What is your point?

You're starting to sound really dumb. The MiG 21 Bison was our primary interceptor on 27th. That's not a platform you just ignore. Again, why buy 123 planes if the design is so useless? We could have bout 40 and left it at that.
Are you mentally unsound? There is something called capability. Since we can't do magic, we have to tolerate things. But we try to change them as soon as possible. Don't irritate if you can't sit and think about capability deficit.

Right. We buy 123 irrelevant jets. We have too much cash lying around so we decided 123 "waste" fighters is good use of it. As for your common sense, if we integrate Kaveri, with the specs you claim it has, it will improve MTOW. So 3.8T can become around 4T. With 4T, it can easily carry 2xJDAMS with 1 drop tank, and 2xAAMS, and a IRST pod. That works out well. Stop making up BS by picking random arbitrary configurations. Also Kaveri is shorter, so it afford more space internally. That can be used for more fuel, reducing the need for external tanks.
The price of making 123 tejas is an investment in capability building! It is not money spent wit intention of usage. Do you have cmprehension problem when i say that Tejas MK1 is a stop-gap plane and is irrelevant for usage? How many time should I repeat this?

F404 current version is 85kN whereas Kaveri is 81kN. How will Kaveri improve MToW?

Who carries just 2 bombs? Also, who carries just 1 drop tank? It sill be good for bombing only Bangladesh. If Pakistan has to be attacked, we need longer range. The airbase closer to border would be severely damaged by Pakistani missile strike and hence will will have to take off from far off bases

The Kaveri didn't succeed. Why is this hard to comprehend? There is no evidence that Kaveri was successful. Literally no evidence. The best we have are rumours. No major news site reported it. Its not even in the DRDO newsletters. The Tejas airframe works just fine, and will be even better with the supposed Kaveri. The Tejas had issues with F404's intakes, which could not be enlarged for sufficient airflow. The Tejas was designed with Kaver's intakes in mind. We could have easily just stuck the Kaveri and would have improved the Tejas's performance. Use your brain.
The fact that you yourself are saying that Kaveri will be used i

That's irrelevant. They deny the sales. Same way, we don't waste someone's time, and our money. We just tell them no, we won't export. It literally takes less effort and money. You're being really stupid here.
That is called diplomacy. Malaysia requested India to participate and it is undiplomatic to say no. It is simple common sense. You appear to have no soft skills and simply blabber here

You clearly know nothing about jet engines. Don't make up nonsense.
I know very well. If you lack basic understanding of the inortance of the dry core it is your fault.

Only you noticed this change and nobody else. And this supposed change is irrelevant. Unless DRDO publicly announces that the Kaveri is successful, and attempts to integrate with the Tejas prototypes, it is a silent failure.
This was even discussed in this forum and there is a screenshot of older page too. I am findung it tedious to find it in this clutter as images can't be searched like texts

The MWF will have a modified airframe that is similar to the LCA. Beyond that, it has an IRST, Uttam, and many other enhancements. Its not the same old plane. Not even close. And no, its not "based on the mk1A". Its more than the mk1A. Why is this hard to comprehend? It will not be drawing anything from mk1A.
Why is it hard to understand that based on MK1A does not mean equal to MK1a? It is more than 1A but its origins are roted in 1A and the expertise of making the plane comes from learning from Tejas Mk1. if tehre was no tejas Mk1 then making MWF would have been much harder. Why is it idifficult to understand?

Defcon 1

Country flag
You gave 2013 article based on UPA government;s sabotage tactics? Wah! If giving DRDO website is not explicit, what is/?
Are you really that stupid? Are you saying that article is of UPA's government time so it is not reliable? So all defence articles published between 2004-14 are wrong? This is the new level of stupidity I am seeing here.

Anyways, I will still humor you, since I am understanding now that you are just a kid who needs to learn a lot.

This is 2017 article from Saurav Jha, who again categorically mentions that target of 81KN wet thrust was never achieved.
https://www.deccanherald.com/content/607212/foreign-expertise-key-fire-up.html

As opposed to a targeted wet thrust level of 81 kilo newtons (KN), the current standard of preparation (SoP) prototypes manage 7-8% less than that figure.
Hopefully this should inject some sense into you now.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Are you really that stupid? Are you saying that article is of UPA's government time so it is not reliable? So all defence articles published between 2004-14 are wrong? This is the new level of stupidity I am seeing here.

Anyways, I will still humor you, since I am understanding now that you are just a kid who needs to learn a lot.

This is 2017 article from Saurav Jha, who again categorically mentions that target of 81KN wet thrust was never achieved.
https://www.deccanherald.com/content/607212/foreign-expertise-key-fire-up.html

Hopefully this should inject some sense into you now.
Wah! What evidence? You jsut waste my time by being childish.

There is no point discussing it with you as according to you your version of Kaveri being useless is a fact and simply can't care about how UAV will be flown by Kaveri if it was a failure? You don't know the reason for failure, don't know what was the thrust of kaveri ut you insist that it was a failure without having proper evidence yourself?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles