Know Your 'Rafale'

Mikel

Country flag
It's sad to watch kids waiting for so long to have a look at the new Rafale aircrafts while they look at aircrafts everyday to a point it should be normal routine. Shows the level of propaganda our media is dishing out.

Kids being enthusiastic about jets is great and is normal.. but our future potential IAF pilots being subliminally indoctrinated to be elated about foreign maal is just.. sad. :tsk:
Tbf at that age I don't think they can differentiate and/or understand the significance of foreign and indigenous.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
What a day ! Almost ten years of my life seemed to flash in my eyes. I remember when I first heard about the “mother of deal”, it was in 2011 during the war in Libya. Time pass, the river roll ... as in a Pink Floyd song. And a dream finally came true. If birds of war have a karma ... then Rafale’s karma was to fight like a demon against a legion of Chinese dragons. Our Alps were too low for Rafale, our Republic too old and pacific. Now the Rafale’s delicate sound of thunder will be heard over the K2, the Annapurna, the Kanchenjunga !

I am very happy . Thank you India !

055D61D5-0753-4225-BCD7-34BD227CAECD.jpeg

aerokan

Country flag
Tbf at that age I don't think they can differentiate and/or understand the significance of foreign and indigenous.
They don't.. but when you subliminally program them.. it affects.

Look at the euphoria in the forum itself.. how elated everyone is!! Most of the people thinks it's a magic bullet and think now we can crush entire PAF and PLAAF with just few Rafales. Why you may ask? All because we were fed all that crap till this date for a decade now including our own PM who said things would have been different if Rafales were there early.

When i was a kid playing Midtown Madness and other racing games.. i always used to drive Audi TT or Corvette or Aston Martin DB7 Vantage because of the ease of driving and they became favourites. Now after 20 years.. even with better cars and better designs on the road.. i feel at home with aston martin front grille design and Audi brand.. all because game developers made it easy to drive them decades back.

Hitler recognized it and made the nazi salute into a proud brand and changed education early on to put future generations into his narrative. China understood it and controls information albeit poorly. US uses it to exert soft power on the rest of the world using world media effectively. Congress used it for decades and now Modi is using it. It's only going to get worse from here with all the Youtube AI recommendations on what to watch putting us in a echo chamber.

If the media coverage for Tejas was as good as Rafale from the start.. we would be flying Tejas Mk3 already.

Instead every generation of Indian kids loved Mysteres, Mirages, Jaguars, Rafales and proud of them.

Mikel

Country flag
They don't.. but when you subliminally program them.. it affects.

Look at the euphoria in the forum itself.. how elated everyone is!! Most of the people thinks it's a magic bullet and think now we can crush entire PAF and PLAAF with just few Rafales.
That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? I think people here are happy cause it's a genuinely impressive fighter, and it's not only because of the 5 that've arrived but also the remaining 31 that're gonna come soon. Now most of us know even 36 may not be enough but it's still a start. We need airframes, a lot of them, and every bit helps. I'm sure when MK1s and MK1As start rolling out people will be similarly pleased.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I think the hype which we are seeing for rafale would be higher than French airforce themselves when they inducted rafale aircraft. 😵😵😵
Anyway for me it's cool the level of interest which public have shown for defence procurement and support for national security is applause worthy.
It's always better than some c*cks asking to decrease budget because poverty and bs.
No hype at all, my friend, I can swear it. Never seen any excitement like this.

There are many reasons for such a phenomenon. The long wait, the years of heated controversy in social medias play a little part. The context with China and Pakistan play a big part. But ultimately, the man we have to thank for this hype is no one else than Rahul Gandhi. He politicized the deal, he made it a personal affair between him and Mister Modi. He created so much buzz around “Rafael” it is backfiring now like a giant firework.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
First you kill your indigenious start up then you kill your air security and do all the nonsense and when one tries to revamp things you start meddling things
no doubt it's foreign jet , my country men are working in its indigenous jets too and when it will come we will cheer for them too but for now let me be with others too welcome the fighter plane which will add my lions extra tooth
So if you all feel we are nuts you are free to feel as you like
With many love
" WELCOME HOME RAFALE"

aerokan

Country flag
That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? I think people here are happy cause it's a genuinely impressive fighter, and it's not only because of the 5 that've arrived but also the remaining 31 that're gonna come soon. Now most of us know even 36 may not be enough but it's still a start. We need airframes, a lot of them, and every bit helps. I'm sure when MK1s and MK1As start rolling out people will be similarly pleased.

Fighter is good.. getting more planes is good. I am happy Modi signed it seperate from the MMRCA bullcraap..
Not an issue there or with celebrating new fighter inductions. I wish similar coverage and similar twitter frenzy happened when Tejas squadron was inducted. Honestly if anyone thinks we saw the same euphoria in kids or public when Tejas squadron was raised compared to Rafale today.. i would simply shut up and join congress and take in the humiliation. :wink:

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Let me remind you what happened after Atlantic episode in Rann of Kutch after kargil war and how the media disclosed the name of the mig fighter pilot Mr Bundela and how after few months he died due to fault in aircraft he was flying
He died because he was flying a shitty old MiG-21 aka "Flying Coffin," like several other young pilots. Doubtful he was sabotaged.

captscooby81

Country flag
I don't know why people here are so much cribbing about the Coverage Rafale got . Please don't forget it's RAFALE which was the biggest political point of congress for 2019 elections against BJP and you expect the govt to let go of the opportunity to repay the debt back . Plus look at the genuine interest in common man in streets to TVs to social media . I never seen so many whats up statuses in single day about one defence related from my friends circle , young , old , doctors and house wives all posted a status about Rafale .

Lets us ask ourselves why have we didn't create such Hype when Apache or Chinook arrived . Its because Rafale was made an issue by one section and now another section is replying back to them .

Why no such coverage for TEJAS i don't think TEJAS was left out every move of it is getting covered by media just that there is not much happening in Tejas to cover in the last 1 year .

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Even the Indian Air force was surprised by the media coverage they got for Rafale, It was expected as Rafale created political controversy, I believe Air force should use this moment to press for additional Rafales possibly bringing the number to 100 or above. IAF must ensure that Tejas procurement is not compromised, IAF should accquire Tejas to replace its all Mig-21, Mig-27 and Jaguar Aircraft on one to one basis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles