Know Your 'Rafale'

IndianHawk

Country flag
Lol.. more bogus claims by Iraqis against Iran that you claim “confirmed” . Indian wannabe French— how shameful. Why not call yourself what you are -Indian? Does that bother you? Namaste.
Is that an insult ? Being Indian ? What are you trying to convey here ?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
That's just plain nonsense, cumulative total between 1948 and 1951 for France was $2.296 Billion which was second only to the UK. Actually West Germany received $1.448 Billion by estimates out of 13 Billion in 1948 for Europe. This is around 138 Billion at 2019 value. France received +17% which is around 24 Billion in 2019 value compared to 1948 when law was passed.

The Marshall Plan Fifty Years Later, by Palgrave MacMillan (read-up)

Without The Marshall Plan, there wouldn't be a EU.

People forget post war, total US loans, grants and aid between 1945-53 globally were around 44.3 Billion.
Yes.
I made a mistake .

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was not "also". It was included in the Marshall plan, and as GB, Italy,... we received subs and tanks from ex 3rd reich and some US equipments.

Wrong again! I said please read your history!

The massive military assistsnce the US gave France (France recieved more military assistance than other US allies in late 40s and 50s) was due to the MUTUAL DEFENSE ASSISTANCE ACT. The military counterpart of the Martial Plan.

Under MDSA the poorly equipped French (post WW2) military received uniforms, rifles, tanks, aircrafts.

The Americans even gave you an aircraft carrier!

USS Belleau Wood

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Just watch this video and look at French soldiers using US uniforms, look at US aircrafts in Dien Vien Phu.

And remember also the French ingeniously dismantled to carry to Dien Vien Phu American Chaffee light tanks. Those tanks were very usrful in the French defense there.

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
What's happening here? Do you think nations live under one time favor or any thing? Even soviets and Chinese were American ally at that time.
Discussing world war 2 favors and alliance today is Idiotic. Many things have been changed.
And Americans build this European union and all for there own benefits. Weak Europe ensures superior America.

Nation don't work according to past favours. As i said in 90s and against Japanese there were in Chinese American alliance in cold war there was Chinese American alliance. Now can Americans influence because of there previous help.
Only a idiot think there is some thing called help in this world.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What's happening here? Do you think nations live under one time favor or any thing? Even soviets and Chinese were American ally at that time.
Discussing world war 2 favors and alliance today is Idiotic. Many things have been changed.
And Americans build this European union and all for there own benefits. Weak Europe ensures superior America.
The problem with our local Frenchie is that he's denying all these things. I'm just teaching him a little history. And i hope he learn some gratitude and humility.

WolfPack86

Country flag
After Rajnath Singh receive Rafale fighter of hand over to IAF roughly it takes 8-9 months to arrive in India march or may 2020.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
France was increasingly unable to afford the costly conflict in Indochina and, by 1954, the United States was paying 80% of France's war effort, which was $3,000,000 per day in 1952.

Immanuel

Country flag
??? I don't think so.
EU was primarly built on the idea we don't want another war between us. With or without US funds, the idea was there.
The Marshall Plan was one of the first elements of European Integration, as it erased trade barriers and set up institutions to coordinate the economy on a continental level—that is, it stimulated the total political reconstruction of western Europe.

Before the Marshall Plan, ya'll folk were too busy picking up the bodies and clearing the damage of war.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Wrong again! I said please read your history!

The massive military assistsnce the US gave France (France recieved more military assistance than other US allies in late 40s and 50s) was due to the MUTUAL DEFENSE ASSISTANCE ACT. The military counterpart of the Martial Plan.

Under MDSA the poorly equipped French (post WW2) military received uniforms, rifles, tanks, aircrafts.

The Americans even gave you an aircraft carrier!

USS Belleau Wood
This aid is included in the marshall plan "invoice"

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The problem with our local Frenchie is that he's denying all these things. I'm just teaching him a little history. And i hope he learn some gratitude and humility.
You said so many bull shit before so don't expect, just for one time, to have my gratitude.

And at least, when I'm wrong I recognise it. Listen to this, you and your friend Immanuel.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This aid is included in the marshall plan "invoice"
Hahaha! I have always like twisted French fries. MARTIAL PLAN and MUTUAL DEFENSE ASSISTANCE ACT are 2 different things, 2 different laws, different purposes and different recipients.

MARTIAL PLAN or ECONOMIC RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR EUROPE was an economic program to European countries devastated by WW2.

MUTUAL DEFENSE ASSISTANCE ACT on the other hand was a military aid in the form of military equipments, training and support given to US allies, Europeans and non-Europeans like the Philippines.

These plans or initiatives were based on different US legislations and thus different budget sources.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You said so many bull shit before so don't expect, just for one time, to have my gratitude.

And at least, when I'm wrong I recognise it. Listen to this, you and your friend Immanuel.
You don't have a choice but to apologize for even a secondary school pupil knows that France got a helping hand in its economy from Uncle Sam through Martial Plan. Most sevondary schoolchildren however do not know about MDAA.

Immanuel

Country flag

I don't know what illusions of grandeur you seem to think you have. History has always had victories, defeats, acts of generosity and acts of betrayal. Just because France received help from the US ding Marshall Plan or during other ways, doesn't make France a weak or an insignificant nation (it is a reliable partner to India). While it's ok to be proud of your country's achievements, and there are many, one must also respect that there are good products out there.

Hell I actually love France as a country, spent this Summer drinking Champagne in the cellars around Reims.

I just don't appreciate your one sided bashing of anything that isn't French.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Lol.. more bogus claims by Iraqis against Iran that you claim “confirmed” . Indian wannabe French— how shameful. Why not call yourself what you are -Indian? Does that bother you? Namaste.
He's a French, not Indian.
Moreover, cry harder F-16 & F-18 were actually never in competition in MMRCA.

Americans sell weapons to destroy local industries when they start to emerge, US only sells weapons, doesn't leak any IPR.

Wisemarko

Country flag
Whats up with Indian wannabe French????what are u? Dont call names please
It’s not name calling
He's a French, not Indian.
Moreover, cry harder F-16 & F-18 were actually never in competition in MMRCA.

Americans sell weapons to destroy local industries when they start to emerge, US only sells weapons, doesn't leak any IPR.
He is as French as your imagination.
Yes, US is terrible defense partner: that’s why all US partner nations have achieved tremendous growth in defense sector.
Korea made F-50 (all US tech), Taiwan made Ching Kuo (almost all US tech) and now F-35 has multinational partnerships.

Protecting IP and developing local defense industry are two different things. It looks like many on this forum think stealing IP of other countries works out well - it doesn’t in long run. India has great access to lot of technology today- forget about the past. Use it to establish long term partnerships.

Also, one can have a world class defense industry with co-operation with tech transfer over time. Tats and other Indian companies are having a great time with US companies and this is just a beginning. Just MRO itself is worth billions and a low hanging fruit.

Wisemarko

Country flag
I don't know what illusions of grandeur you seem to think you have. History has always had victories, defeats, acts of generosity and acts of betrayal. Just because France received help from the US ding Marshall Plan or during other ways, doesn't make France a weak or an insignificant nation (it is a reliable partner to India). While it's ok to be proud of your country's achievements, and there are many, one must also respect that there are good products out there.

Hell I actually love France as a country, spent this Summer drinking Champagne in the cellars around Reims.

I just don't appreciate your one sided bashing of anything that isn't French.
That’s because he is wannabe French

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You don't have a choice but to apologize for even a secondary school pupil knows that France got a helping hand in its economy from Uncle Sam through Martial Plan. Most sevondary schoolchildren however do not know about MDAA.
to recognize an error is a quality. Do you have this one ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles