Know Your 'Rafale'

Deathstar

Country flag
India will order more US stuff. Thanks
Yup we will cz still the US is far ahead of others and i am glad we get some of the best systems from US though without ToT but i dont blame US either. Why would one share their secrets worth billions of dollars. Instead of cribbing we sjshou focus on our indigenous tech.
No one helped US /France /Russia to develop their tech

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You've been braiwashed by cheap Russian propaganda. Just think who stood by Gandhi and India and who made sure that the Brits relinquish India during and after WW2?
No, its you who has been brainwashed to believe that Gandhi was even remotely related to Russia. Him and his party were pro-western.

No one is denying that US supported India's freedom from Britain but so was the favour from Soviet Union, Democratic China, Imperial Japan and even NAZI GERMANY! Indians even temporarily captured back a part of their country with help of Japan.

Azad Hind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All for their own causes. Doesn't change the fact that we were balkanized, defanged and thereafter our country faced direct & indirect hostilities from West for most of our independent history. They still are same, it's the fear of rising China and India's improved status that keeps them relatively humble now.

India isn't acting like a subservient of any country here unlike so called ALLIES of USA. We are the customer. Neither Western nor a commie. If we don't get what we want from you, we will go to another vendor.

For any alliance, there should be equal & exceptional perks for India like between Russia & China what other US key allies don't get.
US needs to make up its mind whether India is a long term ally or adversary.

We want the real tech in return of money.
Roosevelt and Truman made it clear to Churchill and his successors that America will not permit continued British colonialization of India. And tge British didn't really had much choice and depended from then on on the US.
That argument doesn't help to negotiate for deal. We have got much bigger favours from USSR & Japan too in difficult times. Diplomatic favours will be paid back diplomatically only.

British Empire was fated to collapse due to rise of West Bloc (Democratic) and East Bloc (communist). Both of ideologies were anti colonialist.
And it wasn't US only. Continuous violent protests in British Indian military had become a routine. There were barely 40k-100k British soldiers in India who would have been eviscrated.

Longewala

Country flag
You are trying to prove murder charges without a dead-body. All we have so far is circumstantial evidence. Unless IAF comes up with the image of the wreckage (difficult but not impossible) or Pakistanis accept their loss (unlikely), we can all say whatever we want to be happy. BTW I would trust a rattlesnake over paki army.
1. Osama bin laden is still alive
2. The moon landing was fake
3. Rafale offers the option of unifying navy and air force orders with a single jet
4. Rafale specs wise is the best Multirole platform on offer and has the best EW suite
5. Rafale is being offered by a county that didn't stab india in the back multiple timrs
6. Neither France or US is going to transfer any leading edge tech but France needs orders more and may be more likely to provide some inputs to Kaveri.

Ordering more Rafale is as much a no-brainer as not ordering the jet US kindly gave for free to the Napaks almost 30 years back.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
You've been braiwashed by cheap Russian propaganda. Just think who stood by Gandhi and India and who made sure that the Brits relinquish India during and after WW2? Roosevelt and Truman made it clear to Churchill and his successors that America will not permit continued British colonialization of India. And tge British didn't really had much choice and depended from then on on the US.
Because of Hitler. Because of world war 2 and big protest moments so it was becoming difficult for brits to have control over india. And Americans themselves had ambitions to have influence all over the globe so they kicked brits. Because of Hitler British empire died. Non the less policies of independent india are made on the basis of what happens after colonial rule not before. I'm not brainwashed some people live with junk filled in there brain I'm just pointing this stufff out.
As I always said india was a poor nation if America were so great our people would have been stick to them. But india was away from them till 2010 and used soviets. And now india doesn't need find a need to kick Russia away. And likes to balance Americans this is a sign of our huge aims in future.
* i always talk on the basis of policies of my nation policy of india in 90s keep Americans away and soviet close
*policy of 2020 have good relationships with US but don't antagonize Russia. Real and simple S-400 and many other things.
*and btw in 1971 American president Nixon called our prime minister a bitch lamo :pound:
*sorry unlike you i cannot consider someone as godly or saviour of my country. India have capabilities to fight a two front war without anyone's support. Us never likes his ally to be independent they just like to keep them under her control never let them develop capabilities to fight a war and just let them live on mercy of US who is just like talk loud where were the American forces when Chinese build a fake islands or force fully captured Philippines some islands?
*india developed nuclear subs and capabilities by going against US.
*as i always say Americans will be the first one to throw india in front of the train. This is a reality and a fact. Because they did it to support Pakistan in 90s.
* Again why you are running from the fact that US was a Pakistani ally? Why to defame them they were good guy's for you keep it that way. Obama accept this why most of the Americans don't like this fact? We are the bad one soviet ally kabooo

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is rafale thread. The discussion about American planes should move to mmrca thread.

Tridev123

Country flag
You are trying to prove murder charges without a dead-body. All we have so far is circumstantial evidence. Unless IAF comes up with the image of the wreckage (difficult but not impossible) or Pakistanis accept their loss (unlikely), we can all say whatever we want to be happy. BTW I would trust a rattlesnake over paki army.
I believe that trusting the version put out by the IAF is the wise thing to do. Our armed forces are professional in nature and you will not be able to quote many incidents of them hiding casualties or losses. Like even the so called superior US Air Force every country (no exceptions here) does hide certain events in the name of supreme national security. I am sure you will not take an oath and say that the US Air force has never hidden anything at all from the public in all it's history.

Let us trust our Air Force. The IAF would not and will not have accepted an grossly unequal aerial exchange with the Pakistan Air force.If we had lost a Mig without inflicting any loss on the PAF I am sure that the IAF would have mounted enormous pressure on the Government to extend and expand the air conflict. Everybody knows that in a prolonged air war superior numbers will become decisive. The Pakistanis have a maximum of 72 F16 right(God alone knows how many are actually operational).Heard that they have a spare parts crisis. The rest of the PAF is almost junk including the JF17. We have 272 Su30mki's and quite good SAM network. In a long air war the F16 fleet will suffer large losses. Our Phalcon AWACS is miles better than the Pakistani Swedish Erieye and Chinese supplied junk AWACS.

The only possible outcome of a long air war is an Indian (IAF) victory.

Why would a superior Air force (IAF) accept humiliation. Does it make any sense.

The Americans might have put pressure on India not to publicly humiliate the Pakistanis because public pressure in Pakistan would have forced the Pakistan army to escalate to all out war.

I am sure the Indian Government and the IAF have solid proof of the F16. loss but have not released the proof due to US pressure.

Lastly I am sure Lockheed Martin does not want the reputation of the F16 to be sullied which will affect future sales of the plane.

We are a democracy and not like China which can hide everything.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Disbanded in 2016, IAF's 'Golden Arrows' 17 Squadron to Roar Back to Life for Rafale Jets
The 'Golden Arrows' 17 Squadron was commanded by Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa during the Kargil war in 1999. The squadron, which operated from Bhatinda air base, was disbanded in 2016 after the IAF started gradual phasing out of Russian-origin Mig 21 jets.

These pilots are one of the luckiest in IAF. Lamo they would have been eagerly waiting this whole month to test these new babies out. MIG-21 TO direct rafale. Golden arrow to others squadron - :fyeah::fyeah::fyeah::truestory:

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/ind...oar-back-to-life-for-rafale-jets-2302677.html

Wisemarko

Country flag
The fact that a french plane shoot down a marvellous US product, without the reverse, is diffult to admit.
I know that... :pound:
Sadly, you don’t know that.
US made F-14 and F-4 shot down over 30 Mirage F-1s in Iraq-Iran war. F-15 shot down 7 Mirages in Gulf War flown by Iraqis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles