Know Your 'Rafale'

Gessler

Country flag
Again, NETRA and Su30 are not prototypes but functioning. So, why do you fart such nonsense? The point here is India was "amazed" by Rafale's AESA. So, clearly not the case
Netra is not a fire control radar and Bars is not an AESA.

Only one farting is you.

I think you don't have some basic sense to think before you talk. Su30 radar (N011M) is a hybrid PESA radar which has multiple arrays and can scan ground and air simultaenously and track multpile targets. It also had 2 frequency - X & L band.

In many ways, it is very close to AESA radar and that is why it was called "hybrid" radar.
A bogus, misinterpreted news which emerged as a result of early Russian plans to incorporate an L band array into radar complex of Flankers. Which could never be implemented in MKI.

Besides, the L band arrays were never meant to be incorporated in nose alongside the X band. They were meant to be installed on wing leading edges.

This was only realized by the time Su-35 came around:

images - 2019-04-30T190515.089.jpeg

Besides, you need a much bigger & wider antenna array in order to generate an L band waveform. That's why Tikhomirov put the L band array on the wings, where this is enough length for the antenna. L band is not something a nose radar can generate using the same form factor antenna as used for X band. It's the reason why the antennas at INS Kattabomman are the tallest structures in India - different band & waveform requires different antenna array.

First understand that before believing whatever you find on Google Search.

Its clear that anyone who believes N011M can generate L band waveform (thereby making it a mythical hybrid radar) obviously doesn't know the first thing about radar basics. He would also be of the ilk who would suggest we remove the 471-meter tall antenna at Kattabomman and put a N011M in its place and tell it to transmit VLF band :crazy:

I know this too.
What you know boy? :pound:

Actually this post of yours has let me fully understand what you know (and what you don't).

And in the confusion, you end up kicking your own face and end up with a foot in mouth :frusty:
By now you would have fully understood who's the one with their foot in their mouth. And whos the one with their foot so far up the other's a$$.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go back to school little boy. You have much to learn.

Last edited:

Gessler

Country flag
Well the real abilities of DAS are even more Classified but ranges prove ability to track over 1300km away, If Israel wanted to buy the Rafale they would have. They didn't (apart from the fact that French are being ardent anti Semites lately in their policies). They went for the F-35. Well the F-35 was the first to feature those cockpits, the helmets and many other things, now that everybody copies it, it's nothing new. F-35 set the benchmark on a lot of things. F-35 is a step ahead in it's sensor fusion and that's a fact, it always has been.

Again you are a moron for not understanding basic english.
Israel is the 51st state of US for a reason.

It's not France which basically bankrolls the existence and sustainability of the Israeli military. It's Uncle Sam.

So Israel buying US wares is no more a yardstick of merit than Pakistan Buying Chinese wares.

Immanuel

Country flag
IT WAS A FAKE NEWS !
Maybe a Rafale pilot, but the accident occured on a trainer plane (K8 ? I don't remember).
Choose a better source than Sputnik.
http://www.defens-aero.com/2019/01/rafale-force-aerienne-aerienne-egyptienne-ecrase.html

https://marsad-egypt.info/en/2019/0...h-france-promises-full-delivery-fighter-jets/

How about this?

Seems to me a Rafale did Crash, hiding something are we? They are trying to pass it off as a K-8 trainer crash.
Brand new Rafale crash and they brush it off under the rug.

Immanuel

Country flag
Israel is the 51st state of US for a reason.

It's not France which basically bankrolls the existence and sustainability of the Israeli military. It's Uncle Sam.

So Israel buying US wares is no more a yardstick of merit than Pakistan Buying Chinese wares.
Well they did operate scores of French jets not too long ago, so don't give me that BS theory. Uncle SAM also bankrolls NATO also by the way.

Gessler

Country flag
Well they did operate scores of French jets not too long ago, so don't give me that BS theory. Uncle SAM also bankrolls NATO also by the way.
No one said F-35 is worse than Rafale, in fact it is better in many respects such as stealth. There are factors other than MAWS capability that determine which plane is selected.

In Israel case ofcourse, there is also the money to follow.

Gessler

Country flag
http://www.defens-aero.com/2019/01/rafale-force-aerienne-aerienne-egyptienne-ecrase.html

https://marsad-egypt.info/en/2019/0...h-france-promises-full-delivery-fighter-jets/

How about this?

Seems to me a Rafale did Crash, hiding something are we? They are trying to pass it off as a K-8 trainer crash.
Brand new Rafale crash and they brush it off under the rug.
Tell them to find out what crashed the spanking new F-35 in Japan...let's see if it wasn't OBOGS.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/C...ws-problems-still-lurk-behind-stealth-fighter

Advaidhya Tiwari

Netra is not a fire control radar and Bars is not an AESA.

Only one farting is you.
Moron, AEWACS can control firing of missiles (BVR) and even guide fighter aircrafts in their mission. So, there is an element of fire control. That is why there is a C in AEWACS (Aerial Early Warning and Control System).

Its clear that anyone who believes N011M can generate L band waveform (thereby making it a mythical hybrid radar) obviously doesn't know the first thing about radar basics. He would also be of the ilk who would suggest we remove the 471-meter tall antenna at Kattabomman and put a N011M in its place and tell it to transmit VLF band :crazy:
What is the range of the long tower mounted L band radar? Also, do you know that we can have L band radar on Su30 too but it would juts not have the resolution of X band? However, it can still detect bogies, just not its coordinates. So, a general alert can be issued without specifically giving the location of the bogey.

First learn about how radars work. Know that even hand held radios can emit radiowaves and receive radowaves too. It is all about resolution and accuracy that will need different size of radar.
What you know boy? :pound:

Actually this post of yours has let me fully understand what you know (and what you don't).
You think you know things? May be you know useless things but definitely not up to the mark.

By now you would have fully understood who's the one with their foot in their mouth. And whos the one with their foot so far up the other's a$$.
Yes, now it is very clear.
Go back to school little boy. You have much to learn.
I don't think school will help you. You are incorrigible

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 set the benchmark on a lot of things. F-35 is a step ahead in it's sensor fusion and that's a fact, it always has been.
LOL.
Even non FOC 13 years after first serial flight.......
Stop pulling our legs Bro. You're too funny.

Advaidhya Tiwari

are you producing yourself the T/R modules ? it is a very sensitive technology.
Yes, it is indigenous production. It is made in GAETEC- Gallium Arsenide Enabling Technology Centre, a unit of SITAR- Society for Integrated Circuit Technology and Applied Research.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
From what I understand yes we are producing the T/R modules. DRDO reportedly set up a GaN foundry in IISc for Radar related research.
OK. From research to full scale production, there is a long road.
A research T/R can be big, poorly reliable, costier. A production one need to be small (tu put a max in the nose), reliable, affordable.
In Europe it takes a while. We were dependant of USA, and found after beeing self dependant that they delivered us 2nd choice modules....

vishwaprasad

Country flag
India is not amazed by Rafale AESA. India already has Su30 with extremely powerful radar, despite it being PESA. India also had NETRA AESA AEWACS. So, don't simply say anything.

I agree that DAS is an exaggeration and not path breaking technology. it is just the sensor fusion part which is the most useful, not the DAS itself
Who told you India is not amazed with Rafale AESA???? India has chosen this fighter over all other jets.... And stop bragging about MKI's extreamly powerful radar and NETRA AESA radar... results from both we have seen on 27th Feb.... Rafale is totally out of league for MKI....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

Advaidhya Tiwari

Who told you India is not amazed with Rafale AESA???? India has chosen this fighter over all other jets.... And stop bragging about MKI's extreamly powerful radar and NETRA AESA radar... results from both we have seen on 27th Feb.... Rafale is totally out of league for MKI....
Shut your arse up. You are a worthless Jihadi or similar type of person. I am sick and tired of your nonsense

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Shut your arse up. You are a worthless Jihadi or similar type of person. I am sick and tired of your nonsense
Personal attacks will be reported to MODS... stop spreading fake propaganda like India was not amazed by Rafale AESA without any proof.... So called mighty MKI and NETRA were so helpless on 27th Feb and still India is amazed of them as per you......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles