Know Your 'Rafale'

SpArK

SORCERER
Sound nice, French radar and french engine core on a french inspired Aircraft..
Now that they have bagged the order .. how about same radar in Gripen too? wasnt it tested on Gripen some time back and was suspended due to competition concerns.. or will it wait till brasilian decision?? or will they go ahead with the selex one?? any wild guesses??

pankaj nema

Country flag
Yes I too just saw it on the enemy forum

Any way 18 more F 16 planes was always on the cards It s not a bolt from the blue for us

What remained to be seen is whether Pak would get these 18 more due to the current imbroglio

Bring them on :taunt:

SpArK

SORCERER
Yes I too just saw it on the enemy forum

Any way 18 more F 16 planes was always on the cards It s not a bolt from the blue for us

What remained to be seen is whether Pak would get these 18 more due to the current imbroglio

Bring them on :taunt:
18 more seems unlikely now.. but its US and Pakistan... they are like a$$ and fart.. cant be separated and is quite unpredictable and nasty.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I was GOOGLING for pakistan and 18 more F 16

In an article I found a very interesting statement made by some Lockheed Martin executive in between the lines

" Even if Pakistan gets 18 MORE F 16 ; Pakistan will LOOSE THE NEXT war with India ONLY A LITTLE
BIT SLOWLY " :rofl:

He went to say that Indian Airforce has a such massive unassailable lead over Pakistan that 18 more
F 16 would nt make a difference :taunt:

Last edited:

balai_c

I was GOOGLING for pakistan and 18 more F 16

In an article I found a very interesting statement made by some Lockheed Martin executive in between the lines

" Even if Pakistan gets 18 MORE F 16 ; Pakistan will LOOSE THE NEXT war with India ONLY A LITTLE
BIT SLOWLY " :rofl:

He went to say that Indian Airforce has a such massive unassailable lead over Pakistan that 18 more
F 16 would nt make a difference :taunt:
Please provide the link

vanadium

There is no fact, only rumor. The L1 price was less $5million per aircraft - there is no way that could equate to 15%.
A $5m difference on flyaway on the assumption that Dassault was more aggressive than EFT can be plausible and also justifiable, given Typhoon is a bigger, heavier machine with more powerful engines.

The whole deal includes not only the usual logistics package (where I would not expect big differences between the two) but also the premium cost charged for offsets and the ToT.

The really big difference in the overall cost could therefore come from the ToT charge. EFT might have mispriced this element in a big way or Dassault might have offered a superb deal. Who knows?

vanadium

If EF's chances remained that intact, they wouldn't let off steam that way. They know that they will probably not get the deal. Even if talks might get tough or temporarily get in an impasse, the EF won't get more attractive and keep its major disadvantages of upgrades just existing on paper.
I have not seen the steam coming off Eurofighter.

What I have seen is the usual ugly head of the British gutter press (if you can call "press" that kind of shit they write!) jumping up and down and making all kind of insulting linkages between Typhoon and the supposed "British aid" to India. They are the scum of the earth and are worth less than zero. Written by imbeciles for an idiotic public and selling by millions...because idiots seem to outnumber knowledgeable people.

SpArK

SORCERER
The GIAT 30M 791
shell type: 30x150mm B
Muzzle velocity: 1025 m/s
Rate of fire: 300 / 600 / 1500 / 2500 rounds per minute
Firing modes: continuous bursts or controlled 0.5 or 1 second bursts.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Post MMRCA bid win, Dassault unveils new India-specific site for the Rafale |

Home
I love the wording here...

RAFALE´s objective in the current MMRCA program (as well as in a future Indian Navy combat aircraft program ) is therefore double:

on the one hand, to offer Indian forces an up-to-date entirely multi role combat aircraft at level with India's political and military importance during the first half of the century.

on the other hand, to provide Indian industry with a production license and a comprehensive set of technologies requested for the production of a "national" combat aircraft.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This lays out the case for Rafale = independence

Strategy & Partnership
France is nowadays the only country, in the field of defence & aeronautics, apart from the USA, to own and master in full independence the entire spectrum of the necessary critical technologies, requested for the design, development, production and upgrade of a combat aircraft ( along with the comprehensive set of its associated equipment and armament ).

This is the result of a very strong, wise and continuous political will, not to rely on any other country for these crucial technologies, which are the key driver for the national sovereignty of a country.

India, today, with its constantly increasing role on the international scene and its blooming economy, does indeed share the same ambition as the one already developed by France for several decades.

This is the reason why a very reliable and trustworthy partnership in such a strategic area between India and France makes so much sense.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It takes a swipe at Eurofighter here...

Among the three hundreds of RAFALE to be delivered to the French armed forces, 180 aircraft have already been firmly ordered as of today, and their production is secured up to the year 2025, not to mention the export contracts to come.

Being fully sustainable, the RAFALE program does not need to be "rescued" with funding from another country. It offers a sound and no-risk frame for the long term and large scale MMRCA program.

vanadium

Gripen has superlative maneuvering. It can out maneuver anything flying in the sky today including F-22s and Rafales.
Gripen has good maneuvering in the subsonic domain, especially instantaneous.
As you go supersonic its maneuvering capability tails off dramatically to become very poor at the speeds / altitudes typical of modern BVR combat.

Thoroughbred fighters such as Raptor and Typhoon (but sorry not Rafale, unless it gets the extra thrust of the M88-3!) will try to win the air battle in the BVR domain, where they outmaneuver Gripen (and most other fighters) by a wide margin, not to talk about acceleration and climb rate. And let´s forget about firepower and radar performance.

If there is a dogfight then I am afraid almost everybody dies at the same rate. Of course the much higher thrust-to-weight ratio of a Rafale, Typhoon and Raptor will help as should also a good helmet mounted display. But a Typhoon--and even more a Raptor--ending up in a dogfight is more the exception than the rule.

SpArK

SORCERER
I love the wording here...

RAFALE´s objective in the current MMRCA program (as well as in a future Indian Navy combat aircraft program ) is therefore double:

on the one hand, to offer Indian forces an up-to-date entirely multi role combat aircraft at level with India's political and military importance during the first half of the century.

on the other hand, to provide Indian industry with a production license and a comprehensive set of technologies requested for the production of a "national" combat aircraft.
Did i say a few posts back..AESA is coming to LCA.. rejoice countrymen, make merry...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I was talking to my bud at Dassault and he says all components sourced from the US will come from India's new production line.

vanadium

I was talking to my bud at Dassault and he says all components sourced from the US will come from India's new production line.
Which components?
Microprocessor stuff or similar only available from US suppliers?
Or generic stuff outsourced to the US for a variety of reasons and that can be diverted elsewhere whenever required?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Bearings, pin fasteners, electrical connectors, lubricants and composite adhesive. None of Rafale's critical technologies are made in the US. The entire body of Rafale is going to be sourced in India and anything that isn't made of it in France, will be bought from our prime partner for cheaper than US makes.

Global Defence

Articles