Know Your 'Rafale'

SpArK

SORCERER
Change the name of the forum to dailymail.uk or ban the aid, F-35 talks and move on to Rafale...

2 days all talks are on these...

pankaj nema

Country flag
The TIME factor is also a crucial one

Having to work with only one country for ALL aspects of the contract will save a lot of time
and energy of our technocrats

So whether it is getting the NEW production lines in HAL ; and IMPLEMENTATION of offset contracts
everything can be streamlined

In case of Eurofighter our people would have to run from one country to another to get every single
work done

So ultimately the entire FLEET will be up and running much earlier and with LESS hassles

JayATL

What is your point? If you are trying to say that the so called bribe (aid) is for getting a military deal, then I will say British were naive to say at least. And with the sort of comments we are seeing, they are making a clown of them selves.
You are not understanding the politics behind AID is what I'm saying. Comments that most are flipping over here, immaturely, are by Internet posters.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The TIME factor is also a crucial one

Having to work with only one country for ALL aspects of the contract will save a lot of time
and energy of our technocrats

So whether it is getting the NEW production lines in HAL ; and IMPLEMENTATION of offset contracts
everything can be streamlined

In case of Eurofighter our people would have to run from one country to another to get every single
work done

So ultimately the entire FLEET will be up and running much earlier and with LESS hassles

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
You should give congress party props if that who is UPA now for a Shizt lot. Mms has brought India to a be a powerhouse. I can go on and on how he has rocked it for India. Take a simple thing but not too simple thing as the nuke deal. Not one damn country, including Russia, who you are about to take over on GDP, helped you on getting the civilian nuclear assistance, till MMS got the US deal. That itself you guys need to know is the mother of all foreign policy coup in the last 40 plus years
Well obviously our PM needs credit where he deserves, he bought the deal to conclusion, which was started by NDA regime, and I really hope that this deal also goes to conclusion

KS

Bye bye DFI
Remember personal attacks are the last resorts of the ignorant.

I'm too smart for you grasshopper . If any aircraft would give the edge as I have claimed then WHY Pay 2 x to get Tot per aircraft is the question. 1 x is way above price and stupid to pay out let alone 2x. If your contract is 20 billion dollars, you just spent 10 billon dollars more to get TOT on a 4 th gen aircraft that would be near obsolute in slightly over a decade. Your FGFA gives you the TOT you want already.
Because we want to move beyond the buyer-seller relationship and we want all the technology we want to lay our hands upon. You just don't decide what technology India needs and what we dont. Oh and BTW according to the contract we wanted three things that the US was not able to fulfill

1) Radar source codes and engine technology. The Americans said no and French/Euros said yes, This was the clincher.
2) No attached clauses like signing all the alphabet soup agreements like CISMOA, LSA, EUMA.The Americans said no and the French/Euro said yes.
3) 50% of the contract money will be invested back in India.

Also the existing infra for the Mirages would make our integration of the Rafales much less cheaper and logistically easy than in the case of the F-18 for which we would have had to build the logistics,pilot training and infra ground up, thus adding to the unit cost.

You know what the Funny part of it is? American congress debated and agreed that we would have given more TOT had we been down selected.

Lastly, prone to what sanction? Not onebloody poster including you has answered me with one single example , I have challenged you and others to several times, to show me one scenario where India maybe sanctioned.

This prone to sanction is hogwash BS. Only way one will be sanctioned is within 3 scenarios I have stated several times here. None of which applies to India.
You asked one scenario where US would sanction India and I said when we explode nukes. Cant you read English ?

While US is 100% certain to sanction India during such a scenario, the Russians and French will not. That is why we trust them and dont trust you.

America has been our ally in recent times...but recent times have largely been fair weather...when you pass the test of standing by us in our rough times then maybe we can start trusting you..Until then, as I said $ 20 billion and 174 fighters are too high a risk to take chances on.

Last edited:

JayATL

It wasn't about historical hatred. I don't hate UK or Europe. The bottom line was "Hence the whole concept of british aid to India is such a farce!"

The aid can't be the only reason for buying fighter jets.
Who posted that comment and in want context.? Was it a comment from their Pm or some pussed off journalist, lowly MP?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
You are not understanding the politics behind AID is what I'm saying. Comments that most are flipping over here, immaturely, are by Internet posters.
Yes I understand the politics behind the aid, and I am pointing towards the naivety behind interlinking two issues, both are poles apart.

KS

Bye bye DFI
If historical hatred is the justification, then why deal with the middle east that is full of those moguls ( heritage) that raped andl plundered and destroyed your country far worse than , and for more centuries than the British?
You really dont know history....do you ?

Mughals originated from Central Asia..modern day Uzbekistan. :laugh:

pankaj nema

Country flag
Well obviously our PM needs vredit where he deserves, he bought the deal to conclusion, which was started by NDA regime, and I really hope that this deal also goes to conclusion

No sir you are giving unnecessary credit to the PM

This PM if HE it was left to himself would have liked to do the following things
1. Give MMRCA to USA
IAF PUT ITS FOOT DOWN

2. Withdraw from Siachen Let PAK have it ARMY put its FOOT DOWN

And above all the PM would LOVE to forget and forgive about Mumbai and other terror attacks

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

This PM if HE it was left to himself would have liked to do the following things
1. Give MMRCA to USA
IAF PUT ITS FOOT DOWN

And above all the PM would LOVE to forget and forgive about Mumbai and other terror attacks
Well the leader gets the credits, as well as he is responsible for the wrong doings too :D

pankaj nema

Country flag
Well obviously our PM needs credit where he deserves, he bought the deal to conclusion, which was started by NDA regime, and I really hope that this deal also goes to conclusion
The LAST thing this government and PM want are an accusation of endangering Indian security and
defences vis a vis China

This SHAMELESS PM made that STUPID statement in Sharm el shaikh that
BOTH India and Pakistan are affected by terror and dialouge SHOULD continue
India should forget Mumbai

It was the NATIONWIDE UPROAR that forced the PM to backtrack

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The LAST thing this government and PM want are an accusation of endangering Indian security and
defences vis a vis China

This SHAMELESS PM made that STUPID statement in Sharm el shaikh that
BOTH India and Pakistan are affected by terror and dialouge SHOULD continue
India should forget Mumbai

It was the NATIONWIDE UPROAR that forced the PM to backtrack
Pankaj, you have enough threads to bash PM, let's leave the bashing for those threads, let's give the credit where it is due, let's leave the unrelated things out :)

Tronic

If historical hatred is the justification, then why deal with the middle east that is full of those moguls ( heritage) that raped andl plundered and destroyed your country far worse than , and for more centuries than the British?
Mughals had nothing to do with the middle east (except maybe the fact that the Mughal's forefathers plundered and raped the Middle East). Mughals were turko-Mongols (Chagtais); present day central asia, though they traced their lineage to Genghis Khan and carried on his legacy.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Do read this:

ARRSE for the British view of members of the British Armed Forces on the deal!

pankaj nema

Country flag
They are going to talk about Scorpene, I am sure Rafale will come up somewhere.
The IAF's entire MMRCA evaluation has been HAILED by Military experts throughout the world

IAF experts have created a unique TEMPLATE for evaluation of such high tech planes on some
643 parameters which ACCORDING to IAF statements can be used by ANY country anywhere

The Brazilians want our expert advice

Blackwater

Thanks and sorry for the OT rant ...

Back on Rafale -

In the IAF version for Rafale - is there anything that is distinctly India? Any requirements? Special "requests"? Also I hope the switches and instructions are in English and not in French ... :D
yaar i asked the same Q long time back on this forum. nobody answered lolllllll

Ray

The Chairman

1. Give MMRCA to USA
IAF PUT ITS FOOT DOWN

One cannot blame the PM.

He has ministers who advise him.

It is Collective responsibility.

And then he has to answer to someone also!

So, why blame him?

Articles