Know Your 'Rafale'

p2prada

LF, the deal is not sealed yet. Negotiations will still go on for sometime.

I only hope the deal will be closed by year end. In Feb they said they will be done during the September-October period. Due to the MP's complaint, there would be a little more delay. But there was one report which said the deal will be closed within this fiscal, and that would mean anytime before March 2013.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
LF, the deal is not sealed yet. Negotiations will still go on for sometime.

I only hope the deal will be closed by year end. In Feb they said they will be done during the September-October period. Due to the MP's complaint, there would be a little more delay. But there was one report which said the deal will be closed within this fiscal, and that would mean anytime before March 2013.
Russians and Americans still hoping things change

Russia hints India could refloat MMRCA tender - India News - IBNLive

There are no second thoughts on MMRCA choice: DRDO chief - Indian Express

U.S. again says it would provide F-35 data to India | Reuters

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
^^^ LF
those reports are as fake as pamela anderson's racks::pound:
just lol & ignore those reports:D

p2prada

The losers can keep hoping. The deal won't be scuttled on their hopes.

There is the Naval MRCA to contend for. There are at least 80 aircraft involved.

So, will this be a constellation price for the loss in the IAF deal or will the winner take all? It is up to them to decide.

agentperry

thats why there are talks that mmrca will be reinitiated without french this time because cost problem and tot is being a major drawback in thsi deal. russians are now gearing themselves up for new mmrca and so the americans. bad time for french i guess, though iaf will get fighters after some more time but again the basic condition of tot and low cost will come out, i seriously wish f/a-18 wins.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
The losers can keep hoping. The deal won't be scuttled on their hopes.

There is the Naval MRCA to contend for. There are at least 80 aircraft involved.

So, will this be a constellation price for the loss in the IAF deal or will the winner take all? It is up to them to decide.

All these different platforms is going to be something:

lca,mig-29,mirage,rafaele,naval MRCA,pak-FA

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
thats why there are talks that mmrca will be reinitiated without french this time because cost problem and tot is being a major drawback in thsi deal. russians are now gearing themselves up for new mmrca and so the americans. bad time for french i guess, though iaf will get fighters after some more time but again the basic condition of tot and low cost will come out, i seriously wish f/a-18 wins.
oh common not again !!!:frusty:

noob101

MRCA looks like its not getting off the ground.... I wonder if its better to go for the F 35 .... those who say its giong to kill the AMCA, don't agree, the way I see it by the time DRDO and HAL get prototypes manned fighters are going to be a thing of the past, PAK FA/T50 is going to be here much sooner...

The way i see it by the time we get 10 squadrons of Typhoon USAF is going to have 10 squadrons unmanned stealth aircraft with Europeans and Chinese not far behind...

p2prada

MRCA looks like its not getting off the ground.... I wonder if its better to go for the F 35 .... those who say its giong to kill the AMCA, don't agree, the way I see it by the time DRDO and HAL get prototypes manned fighters are going to be a thing of the past, PAK FA/T50 is going to be here much sooner...
MRCA is in the contract signing stage. What do you mean by it is not getting off the ground?

F-35 will bring in a lot more delays.

It won't kill AMCA though. For the best or the worst, AMCA will be inducted regardless of combat value.

The way i see it by the time we get 10 squadrons of Typhoon USAF is going to have 10 squadrons unmanned stealth aircraft with Europeans and Chinese not far behind...
USN recently sent out RFIs for a manned-unmanned combo aircraft and it is to be ready in 2030. France talked about an unmanned aircraft in the 2040-50 period. EADS has made no mention of unmanned aircraft. China, as usual, will remain unknown. India is expected to get a stealth UCAV in 2017, but it wont be a fighter. So, no nobody will have even prototypes ready by the time we induct 10 squadrons of Rafale, not Typhoon.

devil510

with rafael deal in soup already it is better to go for typhoon i never saw why would we go for rafael. typhoon is better

techmaniac

isn't these complexities ,sub-part of tot which we were looking forward to ?

on the other hand seems the production rate will be better thus reducing the induction time,...

Zebra

Country flag
The deal is not sealed.

But that had selected a name. I mean the deal will get sealed in near future.

On top of that those 4% as a party fund.....must be kept in mind. It means the deal is almost all got sealed anyway.

Just few formality left, nothing to worry about.

devil510

My friend no offense to our own industry but Gripen will actually own Tejas if both goes to war against each other TODAY
gripen has seen war whereas tejas hasn't and you can never be sure do we have gripen v/s tejas from one of airforce excersizes if yes post the results

agentperry

oh common not again !!!:frusty:
ok its fine if you dont agree with f-18. but the thing is that french are not ready for having much of the tot and production in india. while others are ready to offer more. i think the same problem will persist with typhoon and we can blame it on the european mentality.. the recent articles and many older articles from us and russians clearly indicate that french are offering good plane but nothing apart from that. on one hand we have su-30 mki which is built from scratch in india and russia even transferred critical crystal blade technology and on the other hand french are not even ready to have assembly line in india, this wont go so easily among anyone be it iaf mod or hal. this will either open a pandora box where other nations like usa and russia will demand parity with french that is making everything in their respective countries and then just labelling and exporting things to india or india should take a stand and show french the way( be it hard deal terms or exit from the deal)

Zebra

Country flag
+1.

US has started making helos in India.

Who knows may be in future much more.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
gripen has seen war whereas tejas hasn't
This point should be other way round....Gripen is AN ACTIVE fighter jet active in the service of Sweden (the maker) and in the service of many foreign air forces....It has already achieved the success that it was qualified by the worlds 4h largest air force to participate in the race of 126 jet contract (an AF whose Tejas according to you is an equal)

and you can never be sure do we have gripen v/s tejas from one of airforce excersizes if yes post the results
[/quote]

Hold your horses dear.....let Tejas get IOC from our AF lets see some serious induction (with which IAF is really happy and not forced by govt to induct them just to save face) and then we will talk abt taking it against some serious fighter like GRIPEN...

why we should even compare 2 fighters when 1 out of 2 is actually a frontline fighter jet with some air forces around the world and 1 is still struggling
to get IOC.....

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
NEW DELHI: Addressing questions raised over the process of selecting Rafale fighter planes, Government is going ahead with the procurement of 126 French combat aircraft and effort is being made to complete the deal within this financial year.

Contract negotiations for the multi-billion dollar deal will resume soon, Government sources told PTI here.

Questions had been raised over the process by an MP besides some other quarters but a committee of independent monitors has given a clean chit to the process, they said.

Government is making efforts to conclude the deal during this financial year, sources said.

The examination of the process was ordered by defence minister A K Antony after former MP Mysura Reddy questioned the method of selecting Rafale as the lowest bidder for the deal.

Responding to the charges levelled by him, Antony had recently issued a letter to the former TDP MP saying that the Contract Negotiations Committee (CNC) has been directed to proceed to complete its deliberations and finalise its report.

In his letter to Reddy, Antony said, "the issues raised by you were examined by Independent monitors who have concluded that the approach and methodology adopted by the CNC in the evaluation of the commercial proposals thus far has been reasonable and appropriate and within terms of the Request for Proposal and Defence Procurement Procedure."

"Before any further action is taken, the entire issue of approach and methodology adopted by the CNC to determine the L-1 vendor as well as your letter and other references received in this regard will be re-examined by the Defence Ministry to ascertain that the entire procurement process is reasonable, appropriate and as per the laid down procedure," Antony had said.

Government to procure 126 French combat aircraft - The Times of India

Ganesh2691

ok its fine if you dont agree with f-18. but the thing is that french are not ready for having much of the tot and production in india. while others are ready to offer more. i think the same problem will persist with typhoon and we can blame it on the european mentality.. the recent articles and many older articles from us and russians clearly indicate that french are offering good plane but nothing apart from that. on one hand we have su-30 mki which is built from scratch in india and russia even transferred critical crystal blade technology and on the other hand french are not even ready to have assembly line in india, this wont go so easily among anyone be it iaf mod or hal. this will either open a pandora box where other nations like usa and russia will demand parity with french that is making everything in their respective countries and then just labelling and exporting things to india or india should take a stand and show french the way( be it hard deal terms or exit from the deal)
I dont think Russia has given crystal bade technology.

Articles