Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Wish may come true

AUKUS open all kind of deal now.....
Before AUKUS I think France was quite reluctant about nuc subs (see the Brazilain exemple : we agree to study for them a nuc sub but only with their own nuc reactor). Barracuda SSN is not the more powerfull of the actual production (compare to a latest US SSN...), but is the more affordable except russian ones.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Wish may come true

We have already chosen the russian path for SSN. Infact arihant was started as an SSN after pokhran test it was changed to SSBN .

We are already operating russian SSN. And we are not going to chose different reactor design philosophies for our SSBN and SSN.

MonaLazy

We have already chosen the russian path for SSN. Infact arihant was started as an SSN after pokhran test it was changed to SSBN .

We are already operating russian SSN. And we are not going to chose different reactor design philosophies for our SSBN and SSN.
What we have right now is the shortest end of the stick.. We have 40-50% enriched Uranium which needs the submarine to be cut up every 10 years or so for 2-3 years while the reactor undergoes a complex replacement. Those are years India's nuclear deterrent is lowered.

We need to move towards 90-95% HEU like in the Virginia/Astute/Yasen-M where the reactor lasts 30 years which is the service life of the sub.

French solution is an in between using LEU which means there's a few months long refit every 10 years.. but still nothing beats the weapons grade Uranium powered sub on on-station time. That's probably the direction we should head.. if Yasen-M reactor could be supplied with $3B lease of Akula-3. 🤞

Still the French can help us with quieting the sub with pump jet propulsors.

IndianHawk

Country flag
What we have right now is the shortest end of the stick.. We have 40-50% enriched Uranium which needs the submarine to be cut up every 10 years or so for 2-3 years while the reactor undergoes a complex replacement. Those are years India's nuclear deterrent is lowered.

We need to move towards 90-95% HEU like in the Virginia/Astute/Yasen-M where the reactor lasts 30 years which is the service life of the sub.

French solution is an in between using LEU which means there's a few months long refit every 10 years.. but still nothing beats the weapons grade Uranium powered sub on on-station time. That's probably the direction we should head.. if Yasen-M reactor could be supplied with $3B lease of Akula-3. 🤞

Still the French can help us with quieting the sub with pump jet propulsors.
Even without reactor issue nuke sub will have to go for 1-2 years maintenance / refit. So it's not a big deal . And we are planning to operate 4 arihant + 3 large SSBN . So we'll have sufficient deterrent at all times.

Most important question is who is going to help us more in being more independent going forward ?? The answer is Russia.

MonaLazy

The answer is Russia.
My personal pick too- don't like the LEU solution, the fill it, shut it, forget it model is better when handling something as complex as radioactive fuel. & I'm hoping with the money we are paying the Russians- they will share the cutting edge KTP-6 nuclear reactor with us.

As for US- there is very little hope they will let us in on the Virginia class tech, at the very least they will expect us to sever ties with Russia and go full Yankee (& allied) for our defence requirements for many years before we are considered for entry into the innermost circle of US allies.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Chinese are working very hard and they already have pl-15.you said it's heavy for block 3. I don't know but we have this news circulating like fire.
I don't what to say with regards to Pl-15 Missile but I can guarantee you that it's specs is not as good as it is touted by the Chinese. There were many Chinese and Pakistanis who were saying that PL-15 will have a range of 300 kms+ ,they were also saying that JF 17 block 3 will become a true killing machine after Integration of PL-15 which has 300km+ range but later the Chinese themselves threw water on these claims and finally Confirmed that the Export Version of The PL-15 has a range of just 140+ kms. It doesn't matter what these Chinese or you Pakistanis Claim the specs of PL-15 to be, but it's just not as good as the Chinese claim it is. Also the Illogical thing to know with the claim of 300km range is That the Planned radar for the JF-17 block 3 is the Chinese KLJ-7A Aesa Radar which has a range of around just 200kms only, than if the radar itself doesn't have a range of more than 200 kms than how can it guide a 300km range PL-15 Missile to its target? See this is basic logic mate, Chinese are making you a fool.
image (1).jpg

Vikram314

Country flag
I don't what to say with regards to Pl-15 Missile but I can guarantee you that it's specs is not as good as it is touted by the Chinese. There were many Chinese and Pakistanis who were saying that PL-15 will have a range of 300 kms+ ,they were also saying that JF 17 block 3 will become a true killing machine after Integration of PL-15 which has 300km+ range but later the Chinese themselves threw water on these claims and finally Confirmed that the Export Version of The PL-15 has a range of just 140+ kms. It doesn't matter what these Chinese or you Pakistanis Claim the specs of PL-15 to be, but it's just not as good as the Chinese claim it is. Also the Illogical thing to know with the claim of 300km range is That the Planned radar for the JF-17 block 3 is the Chinese KLJ-7A Aesa Radar which has a range of around just 200kms only, than if the radar itself doesn't have a range of more than 200 kms than how can it guide a 300km range PL-15 Missile to its target? See this is basic logic mate, Chinese are making you a fool.
View attachment 126525
I think it is already discussed here and I have to ask one totally unrelated question that why do you write so much. I mean why do you write such big paragraph's with repeated information. Just a genuine question.

Super Flanker

Banned
I think it is already discussed here and I have to ask one totally unrelated question that why do you write so much. I mean why do you write such big paragraph's with repeated information. Just a genuine question.
Nah mate. I guess it's become a habit for me, will try and get rid of it though😅😀

Super Flanker

Banned
“Pl-15 is 50% greater in range” and then everyone woke up from their dreams. The Chinese make moronic claims about the WS-13, WS-15, PL-15 and so on. The missile does not have the dimensions or engines to achieve those ranges.

In February the PAF assigned F-16’s (8 of them) to take on two SU-30MKIs knowing one was low on fuel. If the JF-17 was as effective as the Pakistanis claim then why did the PAF not assign them to challenge MKIs? Why did JF-17s and their touted missiles not engage any Mirages or MiG-21s? Instead the PAF were using F-16s to fire missiles at MKIs and drop bombs on Indian soil where as JF-17s did nothing.

Pakistanis and Chinese act like JF-17s operated under different rules of engagement or that they simply chose not to engage the IAF. The reality is that if F-16 were firing missiles and dropping bombs then the JF-17s would naturally do the same thing. If nothing else then at least the PAF could use the opportunity to engage the IAF and claim the JF-17 was battle proven but that did not happen. Pakistanis were so desperate to prove JF-17 prowess that they claimed a JF-17 (which wasn’t even in the area) shot down an MKI which never happened. The PAF further risked embargoes by using F-16s offensively when they could have just used JF-17 if they were as effective or better.

The JF-17 was worthless despite what the PAF and China claims. Their missile probably didn’t have the range and it’s not crazy to think that the JF-17s radars were jammed. Either way things didn’t work out for the JF-17 despite having AWACS and a large numerical advantage.
To be fair ,They had the Option of Firing SD-10 or PL-12(both are the same missile but they have different names)from their JF 17 Aircrafts but they didn't and inturn even Risked the End User Agreement by using AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM Against Indian Jets.
SD-10-01.png

(Picture of an SD-10/PL-12 active radar-guided beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile)
This here itself shows that the Porkis don't have any faith in their Chinese Missiles. And here itself we can conclude that the AMRAAM AIM-1205C is better than those SD-10 Missiles. The Chinese and porkis were claiming that the SD-10/PL-12 comparable to the US AIM-120 AMRAAM and the Russian R-77 but we all know that it's nothing near that.
IMG_20211221_143230.jpg

(AIM-1205C AMRAAM)
Even Astra MK1 is probably better than this missile in my opinion And lastly Every one knows that the Chinese are known to exaggerate the Specs of their Weopons like Missiles,Ships etc(honestly Pretty much their Entire military Hardware). That's what CCP feeds the world and nothing else to be honest here.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

Super Flanker

Banned
Comparing To Indian Rafale Jets, Pakistani Lawmaker Questions The Logic To Acquire Chinese J-10C Fighter

I wanted to say something With regards to this, there were so many Illogical pakistanis on social Media claiming that india is not satisfied with LCA Tejas and Hence India is buying rafale.

I wish that Pakistanis had something called as 'logic' in their Heads than they won't be saying such things but What do you say? Pakistanis lack Basic Logic so hence it's useless to explain this idiots anything with relation to technical things.

Rafale and Tejas are Aircrafts of two different categories, Tejas is of light category and Rafale is of Medium Category and hence you can't compare the two! Both Aircrafts have different purposes to fulfill and hence indian Airforce is buying Rafale!

But anyways , it's usless to explain Pakistanis anything because they will still insist. That's all I have to say.

Covfefe

Country flag
The Indonesian Air Force has confirmed that it will buy the Dassault Rafale made in France and the F-15 EX made in the United States
They could buy just Rafales for 2/3rd the number of F15EX planned and be done with it. But then Uncle Sam's protection comes with his weaponry too.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
They could buy just Rafales for 2/3rd the number of F15EX planned and be done with it. But then Uncle Sam's protection comes with his weaponry too.
It's was the contrary announced. And, because they reduce the overall number, could choose just to purchase one type.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles