Kaveri Engine

Whitecollar

Country flag
We need the US model- where the physical assets that involve sinking huge ₹₹₹s are owned by the state and their cost is ameliorated over several successive projects, but the human resources are hired/fired by private entities- possibly competing private entities to have the best of both worlds.

The IP and profits from any resultant tech could be shared between the Govt & private enterprise.
Don't worry. After 20 years or so, MOD will decide to buy ToT of GE F404 and GE F414. We will still be debating over our inability to make a desi engine enough to power the AMCA.
Only thing that will change is our hair color.

lcafanboy

Country flag
France is back with vengeance after Australia deal jeopardized by US. Now they will claim their pound of flesh by pushing out F21, F18 and even GE414 from AMCA, apart from that Barracuda nuclear submarines too are on table....

Good for India if IPR is transferred to India...,😊

Vamsi

Country flag
France is back with vengeance after Australia deal jeopardized by US. Now they will claim their pound of flesh by pushing out F21, F18 and even GE414 from AMCA, apart from that Barracuda nuclear submarines too are on table....

Good for India if IPR is transferred to India...,😊
U may get IPR in your dreams, not in reality. I can assure u that and we are not gonna import or build Barracudas here, SSNs will be indigenously designed subs using some french tech like Pumpjet Propulsion and the reactor WON'T be french though

SimplyIndian

Country flag
114 MRFA deal...😊
Maybe 57 Rafale M for Navy too..
That means private assembly line in India of 16 per yr at least, but being modi he can ask a mega line of 32 per yr so that order can be completed in 5 to 6 yrs after setup of assembly. Seems possible.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
at best what can happen---

we get new 110kn engine and kaveri with france (with ip)

and we also jv on 6th gen engine with france

:creepy::bplease:

Blank

Country flag

Though the defence minister did not specify about the engine and its use, people familiar with the development said the project will be focussed on the requirement for military helicopters that India plans to roll out in the next few years.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
That means private assembly line in India of 16 per yr at least, but being modi he can ask a mega line of 32 per yr so that order can be completed in 5 to 6 yrs after setup of assembly. Seems possible.
The new workforce of pvt player cannot rollout 32 from the word go. In the initial 2 years, it will at max produce 16 total

MonaLazy

When the sums involved in both JVs are about the same ~$6B, & RR was quite open and upfront with full IP transfer to India. They have a fantastic track record in cutting edge engine technology- right upto EJ200 and even Tempest engines (to the extent that Japanese are leaning on RR for some help). Then why are we not sealing the deal there?

What more can we expect the Britons to offer?

On the subject of future sanctions- i think both French and Brits are equally hairy.

MonaLazy

I think is kind of MOU nothing so concrete.
So RR option is open we are doing kind of bargaining to get best deal.
Even so, with this announcement what pressure are we hoping to build on RR? They have already offered us the sweetest deal.

Full IP + all the R&D & test facilities come up in India + use GTRE tech where it has matured.

I could be way off the mark here, but i think they are angling for the biggest fish in the pond- GE. & Bring the US around to sharing 404 & 414 & 414 EPE tech - the hot parts.

Suddenly everything seems to make sense. Choice of engine for Mk1 Mk2 AMCA & TEDBF. EPE is promised to be a drop fit for vanilla 414 whenever it is ready.

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
i wanna know how much secrecy is there for this technology (Jet Engine) and how much are we exposed ourselves in terms of noncompatibility

Global Defence

New threads

Articles