Country flag
Not a problem...

ZERO, it uses a license produced PESA Zhuk ME

120km against 5m^2 target

5-6 Kw

624mm

Track 10 engage 4

Estimated around that of the F-111

Since it doesn't have a wing edge going past centreline , they made huge canards to compensate for lack of control surfaces. They need it so large so they can get the vortex over the wing to give control in AoA maneuvers.

Can't really give numbers without facts, but with two AL-31 engines T/W will be around 1 clean.
How do you know which radar will J20 use?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
isnt j-20 radar is suppose to be the biggest radar(by t/r modules??) in the arena of 5th gen fighters?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
isnt j-20 radar is suppose to be the biggest radar(by t/r modules??) in the arena of 5th gen fighters?
But if it uses it's radars it would be targeted by anti radiation missile.So it's 5th gen main advantage will be in danger

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

dots on the fuselage means it has undergone missile launching testing.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
those are special sensors for missle lauching test,,,,which can be seen on F35 tesing missle-lauching.
So why does it look photo-chopped? When I zoom in I get a high-res photo with pixelated edges on the alleged sensors.

t_co

So why does it look photo-chopped? When I zoom in I get a high-res photo with pixelated edges on the alleged sensors.
I don't see any pixelation. Maybe you could blow up a few screenshots?

t_co

It is a sloppy photo-chop when you zoom in on it.
That's because it's a JPG file. JPG files re-encode themselves after every save and load, so there will be noisy edges around every shape.

Look at the edges around the PLAAF logo on the tail of the aircraft:

Are you going to say that someone photoshopped that onto it as well?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That's because it's a JPG file. JPG files re-encode themselves after every save and load, so there will be noisy edges around every shape.

Look at the edges around the PLAAF logo on the tail of the aircraft:

Are you going to say that someone photoshopped that onto it as well?
That doesn't look like a photo-chop. The pixels are much cleaner and natural shading.

t_co

That doesn't look like a photo-chop. The pixels are much cleaner and natural shading.
Well, the pictures you put up don't look like photoshops either. The blurred edges look identical.

What's more, the positions and relative orientations of each sensor on the multiple angles are all the same. If someone were to photoshop it, the positioning should vary from picture to picture, but the positions aren't.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well, the pictures you put up don't look like photoshops either. The blurred edges look identical.

What's more, the positions and relative orientations of each sensor on the multiple angles are all the same. If someone were to photoshop it, the positioning should vary from picture to picture, but the positions aren't.
I know those J-20 pics are photo-chopped for a fact. Missile tests don't occur until state acceptance trials, maybe later for China. FC-1 still doesn't have its missile compliment. These don't even have radar installed.

t_co

I know those J-20 pics are photo-chopped for a fact.
Refusing to change your beliefs in the face of verified facts is an example of delusional psychosis.

Missile tests don't occur until state acceptance trials, maybe later for China.
How do you know the J-20 hasn't had its state acceptance trials yet? And what's more, aren't those trials confidential? Why does the PLAAF need to release confidential testing data to satisfy your curiosity?

FC-1 still doesn't have its missile compliment.
Wrong.

Active radar homing BVR AAMs can be deployed once integrated with the on-board radar and data-link for mid-course updates. The Chinese PL-12/SD-10 is expected to be the aircraft's primary BVR air-to-air weapon, although this may change if radars of other origin are fitted. Short range infra-red homing missiles currently integrated include the Chinese PL-5E and PL-9C, as well as the AIM-9L. The PAF is also seeking to arm the JF-17 with a modern fifth generation close-combat missile such as the IRIS-T or A-darter. These will be integrated with the HMS/D as well as the radar for targeting.[3][17]
These don't even have radar installed.
Now you're contradicting yourself. Weren't you stating on the J-21/31 thread (in your attempt to cast doubt on the AESA capabilities of the J-21/J-31) that the J-20 had the Zhuk PESA radar installed?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles