J20 Stealth Fighter

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India is importing from China in sectors where it requires to balance the costs.

Prestige projects do not attract Chinese products since cheapness does not guarantee quality, no matter how cheap the labour in China maybe.

Siemens has sub-contracted a Chinese locomotive company CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Works to supply five three-coach trains. These are expected to be delivered between November 2011 and March 2012.

Siemens will be responsible for the Chinese products and its quality control.

There will be hell to pay for Siemens if these Chinese products turn out to be like what was Pakistan's experience.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The operative word, if you have missed to observe, was 'maybe' in my post that you quote.

Maybe means:

#1 (a.) Possible; probable, but not sure.
# 2 (adv.) Perhaps; possibly; peradventure.
# 3. (n.) Possibility; uncertainty.

You could have thereafter clarified and put any uncertainty to rest and not claim that India was the Centre of the world!! That claim of yours is rather obtuse, if not droll.

You have not claimed China is the 'centre of the world', but that historical arrogance enshrined in the name and ethos that Zhōngguó signifies the centre of the world i.e. Middle Kingdom come out clearly with that attempted sarcasm enshrined in your statement - 'India must be the center of the world. ', wherein you expect all to know of even insignificant products produced in China!!

Do forgive me, while India as a country may trade with China, I would steer clear since I have been duped with some Chinese products that have proved to be rather shoddy an attempt to make a quick buck and totally defraud the customer by dangling the bait of their being cheap.

Enough said!
Aha, thank you for your lecture on the meaning of the word "maybe", which helps me a lot. But still you haven't told me the logic behind your assumption that "Maybe where you live, it is not that accessible to the world at large".

How did you reach that assumption based on the premise that I haven't heard of those Indian companies? Because if I were you I would first come to the assumption that those companies may not be as famous as I have expected.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Aha, thank you for your lecture on the meaning of the word "maybe", which helps me a lot. But still you haven't told me the logic behind your assumption that "Maybe where you live, it is not that accessible to the world at large".
I did not lecture.

Though there is no doubt that a lecture is essential since it appears you are out of your depth to realise the inference that underlined the word, 'maybe'.

Since it become evident that you require substantial and extensive amplification to understand the obvious, I will attempt to do so as simply as I can.

As is evident to most of us here on this forum, information China is restricted and controlled and what is released has a twist to glorify the Struggle of the Proletariat and all that. It is conceded that there has been some changes from the radicalism of the Mao era. Nonetheless, there remains the doubt that everything happening around the world is not being exposed by the State controlled Media and the cyberspace to the Chinese people. Hence, the doubt and hence the word 'maybe'.

How did you reach that assumption based on the premise that I haven't heard of those Indian companies? Because if I were you I would first come to the assumption that those companies may not be as famous as I have expected.
As above.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I did not lecture.

Though there is no doubt that a lecture is essential since it appears you are out of your depth to realise the inference that underlined the word, 'maybe'.

Since it become evident that you require substantial and extensive amplification to understand the obvious, I will attempt to do so as simply as I can.

As is evident to most of us here on this forum, information China is restricted and controlled and what is released has a twist to glorify the Struggle of the Proletariat and all that. It is conceded that there has been some changes from the radicalism of the Mao era. Nonetheless, there remains the doubt that everything happening around the world is not being exposed by the State controlled Media and the cyberspace to the Chinese people. Hence, the doubt and hence the word 'maybe'.

As above.

Are you implying that the names of some unknown Indian companies are also restricted by CCP? Don't you think that is a little too farfecthed?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Are you implying that the names of some unknown Indian companies are also restricted by CCP? Don't you think that is a little too farfecthed?
No.

China does not import our goods to the extent that it would be known.

I don't think that Chinese media need to discuss all our goods and companies if it does not concern China.

In India, it is a different matter where not only Indian business news are published but all and sundry around the world.

Last edited:

pmaitra

The fact that it is India that is importing massive products from China just proved India is way behind PRC in manufacturing. If the situation is reversed, then China is behind.

By the way, if I recall it correctly, India imported metro from China last year.
Links please Sir!

What % of India's total imports are from PRC? Have you any statistical report to back up your adjective 'massive'?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Edit:

Never mind. Here is a quote 'Main import partners are European Union, Saudi Arabia and United States.'

Link: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/Imports.aspx?Symbol=INR

Nimo, try to avoid subjective terms like 'massive' or 'way behind'.

Back up your claims with data. You can see some plots at the link I provided.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Do individual Chinese invest in foreign stock in foreign stock exchanges?

Can individual Chinese invest in foreign stock in Chinese stock exchanges?

Are foreign companies not operating in China listed on Chinese stock exchanges?

Adux

Country flag
You don't realize it but you are degrading the quality of the forum and killing this thread.

Our enemies are CCP and not every Chinese fanboy who shows up here. If you don't like how things work here then go to those "better" forums instead of trying to teach the mods and gurus here on how to run their forum.
Not your decisions to make.

It says design consultancy from Israel. Nothing wrong with that cause we got it from France, Britain and US. I personally think Lavi to J-10 story has been exaggerated a lot. The J-10 has it's roots with Saab Viggen rather than Lavi.
Did you even read the link?

Chengdu J-10 fighter aircraft benefited from significant, direct input from Israel's Lavi programme - including access to the Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) Lavi aircraft itself.
Chengdu officials of the highest level stated how they had one of the IAI Lavi prototypes in their facilities.
There are many other sources available , use google.

Adux

Country flag
I am sure they can be taken on with facts and not with anger or abusing them in unparliamentary language.

If one can do so, it will be a a greater win.

You call the Chinese enemy. Fine. Of course, there are many who would prefer to state instead that they are 'adversaries'.

If their 'true colours' get exhibited (of course, with limits of decency), then would that not be knowing your 'enemy', which is an important tenet in warfare?

Notwithstanding, we can exhibit a slight moderation in our language since it would help keeping the forum interactivity a pleasure for posting as also would do much to help the Moderators.

BR is independent of DFI and they are entitled to their ways. It is no baseline for the DFI.

Xinhui is no greatshakes either. A visit of his posts will show how he is batting for the same country you find as an 'enemy'. It will be noticed that he cannot brook hard facts that are negative of China.
Below should answer your Question, and their true view of Indians. Regarding Xinhui, I find his views on China inflated but I do find him less fan boy than the rest.
You are not Indian?
Self-righteous is a good behaver, see global retail theft barometer

Please post the link

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't believe in the Gospel.

I believe in Links!

I am wedded to knowledge and not conjectures of fevered minds.

jatkshatriya

Thank God i never bought anything chinese....when the Chinese cells had just been introduced in India i remember in my college, my roomie bought a chinese cell which had everything init, cam, multimedia , so loud as if surround sound had been employed, memory equalling entire storage capacity of my college(kidding).....in just Rs 3000, and my nokia 2600 in those days had cost me 3500, and he was teasing me..Two days later his cell stopped working and the shop keeper wouldnt recognise him as there was no warantee.....lol and then i teased him for the rest of the year..HEHEHE

p2prada

Did you even read the link?

There are many other sources available , use google.
So, we had access to Mirage-2000 as well. So, is LCA a copy of the Mirage-2000?

Chinese aircraft have design inputs from Saab Viggen. Just look at their initial project J-9 before they began work on the J-10. J-10 isn't a copy of the Lavi. But design consultants from Israel were possibly hired to improve on the J-9 design and make a heavier aircraft in the J-10. That's about it. A lot of Chinese articles are myths based on Jane's one article claiming Lavi was copied which is impossible if you compare both airframes.

If PLA reveals more technical data on J-10 then we can be even more sure about the actual origin of the J-10. If you look back at the dates, the J-9 preceeded Lavi program by nearly a decade and the J-10 project started more or less the same time as Lavi. Israel's goal was to improve on the F-16 at low speeds and low altitudes while the Chinese goal was an interceptor for high speed air superiority roles.

badguy2000

Respected Member
The chief engineer of J20 rewared 1.5 million RMB.

Yang Wei, the chief engineer of J20 was recently rewarded 1.5 million RMB(about 10.5 million RUPEES) ,for his contribution on China's aircraft industry.

Yang Wei is not only the chief engineer of J20,but also the one of JF17 and J10B.

Last edited:

Oracle

Yang Wei, the chief engineer of J20 was recently rewarded 1.5 million RMB(about 10.5 million RUPEES) ,for his contribution on China's aircraft industry.

Yang Wei is not only the chief engineer of J20,but also the one of JF17 and J10B.
Where is the source for the nth time?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well, thats great... too bad he couldn't design an AESA radar to go in it. J-20 will be sporting a PESA. :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Well, thats great... too bad he couldn't design an AESA radar to go in it. J-20 will be sporting a PESA. :pound:

That is quite an achievement I would say, when most Chinese think they can win a war with Shaolin Kung-Fu! :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles