J20 Stealth Fighter

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Simply, NO. And let me explain why. Luneberg gives off a particularly large signature, as that is necessary to completely cover up true RCS reflection from all angles, and can NEVER BE MISTAKEN for the actual aircraft RCS (it gives off much bigger RCS). IAF guys have also spoken about how Chinese/ISI propagandists come up with excuses like this after the fact. Don't believe me; go ask ex-IAF guys in the know on twitter. The IAF air chief has made this statement ON THE RECORD. Even other IAF guys will confirm what I am saying about the J-20 being tracked by IAF fighter radar in the Himalayas. PLAAF excuses are right up there with hot soup delivery by drones at the mountain tops of Ladakh. Luneberg lenses are for airshows, not operational aircraft.

That makes a lot of sense.

Chinese buying SU-35 and deploying them in South China Sea against US tells you everything you need to know about PLAAF :lol:

Yet to hear a valid reason for that from CCP trolls , i think globaltimes put out some rubbish article on it.

People here will be biased towards India cause this is an Indian defense forum , if you go to Chinese defense forums they live in some fantasy world where they can easily defeat US anytime.

You are troll because you dont have the common sense to figure that out , and you are derailing this thread.

Also if Chinese planes are so great ? why did they are buying SU-35 ?
the troll is you because you can not accept India lacks technologies and youa re a troll since true nationalist promote education in Math and Physics and right policies to get tech transfers.

I will prove you you are wrong simple

Tell me a A-320 indian equivalent?

Tell me a F-15 Indian equivalent and i mean 100% designed and build in India not SU-30MKI

Tell me Indian equibalents to PD-14 engiines or Trent 1000 engines?

tell me a B-787 indian equivalent.

India can build Mirage 2000 equivalents aka LCA Tejas but it is not powered by a domestic kaveri engine.
1608884213169.png

LCH is an equivalent to Ah-64

1608884172982.png

sitara is also a light trainer but has foreign engine

1608884249057.png

Druv also is a domestic helo but has foreign parts too and limited sucess
1608884308107.png

India is a tier 2 aerospace power but still lacks some tecnologies to become tier 1.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Your replies are way off the mark that it could not be considered anything but trolling.

If you really want to engage in a furitful conversation, reply to my questions inline - point by point. Just respond 2-3 lines to each question I posed. Can you not follow directions? Note: if you cannot, then you are a troll, who is not really interested in an exchange of ideas and conversation. Makes sense?
really you have not given any example why india is equivalent to Russia or the US in aerospace technology.

China
India
Brazil
Japan are tier 2 aerospace countries, but India lacks an Airbus or Lockheed company HAL has outstanding capabilities no doubt about it but is more or less equivalent to Embraer.

AVIC is now becoming as powerful as UAC from Russia, the reality hurts my friend but like i said Oaxaca Aerospace from Mexico is little company compared to HAL, my respect to HAL but do not understimate another nation and over estimate your own capabilities just by being blind by pride and envy, work hard an overcomne your rival I am sure India can do it but put your feet on the ground

johnq

Chinese Chengdu J-20 Stealth Fighter Jet Fully Exposed with Engine | Indian Defence in Details

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

silentlurker

Country flag
One more thing.. i have never seen anyone using yellow color for some thing which is under testing... it's typically black+white stripes... thats a universal standard...
Never seen a black+white stripe test plane before, can you give photos?

The yellow isn't really a "colour" in the sense that its not deliberatley painted on, its the natural shade of the composites uses

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

shiphone

Country flag
oh....the so called 'BMW' logo? such a big deal...lol...
it even reached as high as the so called 'universal standard ' or 'chinese standard'...lol...

that's the temporary marks helping the focusing of Optical observation/recording devices( on the ground/chasing plane or self-carried )

this is a 173 pages of thread with over 3450 posts.... a little looking back might help to eliminat such ignorance.

and much much more if interested

------------
BTW ,the color of the 'primary coat' doesn't mean the Types of materials..actually this so called 'yellow skin' (of J20 Serial Production jets ) is even not the very first layer of coating...this Zinc based paint usually appears yellow color , but you may also see the 'green coating' on civil aircraft and 'white coating' on helicopters manufactured by China Aviation industry.

the SP-2101 is the very 1st airplane of the1st J20 serial prodution batch(01 batch). the maiden flight took place on Jan 18th 2016. all before this one are the '00 batch' airplanes..

Last edited:

rone

Country flag
oh....the so called 'BMW' logo? such a big deal...lol...
it even reached as high as the so called 'universal standard ' or 'chinese standard'...lol...

that's the temporary marks helping the focusing of Optical observation/recording devices( on the ground/chasing plane or self-carried )

this is a 173 pages of thread with over 3450 posts.... a little looking back might help to eliminat such ignorance.

and much much more if interested

------------
BTW ,the color of the 'primary coat' doesn't mean the Types of materials..actually this so called 'yellow skin' (of J20 Serial Production jets ) is even not the very first layer of coating...this Zinc based paint usually appears yellow color , but you may also see the 'green coating' on civil aircraft and 'white coating' on helicopters manufactured by China Aviation industry.

the SP-2101 is the very 1st airplane of the1st J20 serial prodution batch(01 batch). the maiden flight took place on Jan 18th 2016. all before this one are the '00 batch' airplanes..
wow why come IDF with US ip?, by the way chinese 360 total antivirus process monitor was a dead give away

no smoking

Country flag
wow why come IDF with US ip?, by the way chinese 360 total antivirus process monitor was a dead give away
I like the way you reponse: when you have nothing to say about a tech issue, trying to use political or other BS to cover it.
Clever.

johnq

WHY CHINA WANTS RUSSIAN SU 35 WHEN IT HAS J 20? TOP 5 FACTS INTRODUCTION: China has publicly shown off its new Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter at the Zhuhai air show for the first time on 1st Nov 2016, but Beijing is continuing its efforts to acquire advanced Russian fighters. So why is China trying to acquire a 4++ generation foreign fighter when it has indigenous 5th generation fighter? In this video, Defense Updates analyzes the reasons and provides viewers with clear understanding of the tactical situation. SU 35 CONTRACT: While a pair of J-20 garnered the attention of the world’s media, the Russian government quietly announced that it has started work on building 24 Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighters for the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). Su 35 E is export variant of the Su 35. China signed a contract for the delivery of two-dozen Su-35 in November 2015 worth at least $2 billion. Russia is expected to deliver 4 Su-35 to the P L A A F before the end of the year. The remaining Su-35 are expected to be delivered within the next three years. Let us now understand the 2 main reasons for Beijing to need Sukhoi Su 35. ENGINES: Heart of every aircraft is its engine. China has not perfected its indigenous WS-10 for its Flanker clones; Shenyang J-11 & J 15, let alone come close to finishing development of the next-generation WS-15 it would need for the J-20. Viewers may know J 11 & J 15 are illegal copies of Russian Su 27 & Su 33 respectively. The WS 10 engine is underpowered and has been a major headache of China. The WS-15 is currently thought to be in a ground-testing phase with flight trials set to begin on an Ilyushin Il-76 some time in the future. In fact, China has not demonstrated it can build any reliable jet engine even with designs that it basically stole from Russia. Building engines with indigenous design remains even more distant. The J-20 currently appears to be powered by twin Russian-built Saturn AL-31F engines found on the Sukhoi Su-27 and it’s Chinese knockoffs. The addition of the Russian-built AL-41F1S series engines that power Su 35 might provide a solution to Beijing’s engine issues. RADAR Radars are like eyes. For any 5th generation fighter, radar is one of the most important components and will be decisive factor in case of any conflict. There are indications that the J-20 carries an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar (AESA). Allegedly, the J-20 would be fitted with a Type 1 4 7 5 radar (also referred to as the KLJ-5 ), which is supposedly being tested on a China Test Flight Establishment. There is no way to confirm that information because the P L A A F isn’t all that forthcoming about sharing information concerning its developmental projects. However, it is well known that China is lagging far behind in AESA radar technology. Russian radar technology is way ahead of China’s, & is considered one of the best in the world. This is why Beijing wants Su 35, as it would gain valuable technical insights from the Irbis-E radar of Su 35. CONCLUSION Given the Kremlin’s previous experiences with selling China advanced technology, Moscow has insisted on agreements to secure Russian intellectual property onboard the Su-35. In previous years, the Chinese reverse engineered older versions of the Flanker into the Shenyang J-11, J-15 and J-16 series of aircraft. Vladimir Drozhzhov, deputy director of Russia’s Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said, β€œWe established a Russian-Chinese working group for the purposes of practical implementation of this agreement, which held a regular meeting in September this year”. Despite whatever agreement Beijing might have signed with Moscow, the Chinese are almost certainly interested in the Su-35 to harvest its technology. While the current configuration of the J-20 externally resembles a 5th generation fighter in several respects, China remains woefully lacking in engine, radars and mission systems avionics technology. The Su-35’s Saturn AL-41F1S afterburning turbofans, Irbis-E phased array radar as well as electronic warfare suite are likely of high interest to Beijing.

shiphone

Country flag
some traditions are meant to be preserved and inherited. ...but only if we have the right β€˜things’...
fortunately we have the pix of the 3rd 'subbatch' of 00 bactch J20 productions. ...lol....
the tradition could also be inherited next year (another prototype : PT2022).

2021, take off !!! happy New Year 2021

(copyright ζœΊε€–εœθ½¦)

--------------
Farewell, 2015

click for full size image...
this is an old photo taken on the day when PT2015 made the maiden flight in 2014
source: DSWC

Hello , 2016 ....Happy new year to all

with these three PT2016 images , we welcome the coming of year 2016...again, click for full size...

copyright: 中南桷保镖

Happy New Year 2017
-------------
by ζœΊε€–εœθ½¦

2016 has landed

2017 is taking off...

rockdog

Country flag
some traditions are meant to be preserved and inherited. ...but only if we have the right β€˜things’...
fortunately we have the pix of the 3rd 'subbatch' of 00 bactch J20 productions. ...lol....

(copyright ζœΊε€–εœθ½¦)

--------------

Happy new year dude, i think we are few Chinese members left here. Good luck!

Kumata

Country flag

(copyright ζœΊε€–εœθ½¦)

--------------
I wish china keep churning out prototypes till 2050 and further...

Happy english new year

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles