Country flag
G20 Indo-US Joint statement released by white house -

Snipping space related section -

1694192702978.png

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Opinion

Then people wonder why SpaceX has reusable SHLVs and a mega constellation of StarLink satellites in space and how NASA landed humans on the moon more than half a century ago.

It's the human resource which matters the most, government still forgets this.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Opinion

Then people wonder why SpaceX has reusable SHLVs and a mega constellation of StarLink satellites in space and how NASA landed humans on the moon more than half a century ago.

It is the same in NASA too. Government pay scale. If you want money go to the private sector.

SKC

Country flag
Opinion

This is more than decent salary for the Job. There are incentives extra to the base salary. Please consider the avg and mean salary in the country.

astransastra

Country flag
I broached the same topic of salaries in PSUs earlier too and advocated for a more corporate style of functioning in PSUs (Annual reviews and Bonus based on milestones delivered)

Refer threads below for it.
-----------

-----------
The response i usually get is "If you want money go to private sector". But my counter is "can government really afford to lose talent to private companies?" I think its not possible to do so at least in 2 sectors - Space and Defense which are critical for national security, more so in the current times.

Proof? Hope forum posters already know about how Musk meddled with Ukraine war. If they don't, humbly request them to go through below links.

Bottom-line is US has done an agreement with SpaceX to provide Starlink services for Ukraine's war efforts involving drones...now i question the stupidity of governments which get into such agreements by depending on whims of individuals like Musk who can back out of deals simply by announcing on Twitter. One may say when it involves national security, governments can prevail over private entities...i doubt such conviction...may be dictatorial governments like CCP can do that with the companies that operate from their country but i would think its too risky for any democratic governments to leave the job of national security and precious lives of defense personnel to private for-profit entities.

I question if "Bharat" also has to follow the stupidity of US government which turned NASA into irrelevance compared to the private companies operating from its land or rather come up with a unique model to run the "Space and Defense" PSUs in a corporate manner and reap the benefits in time of need! Its an opportunity of lifetime for Indian government to make some exceptions to the "Sarkari" salary cap on ISRO,DRDO, HAL like PSUs and attract talent (reverse the brain drain that is already happening in Bharat) and show the path to rest of the world! We don't need to stop private entities in space/defense...they will continue to provide an excellent eco system for ISRO like institutions to focus on bigger goals by raising the bar, but we just can't let ISRO or DRDO lose their talent. All it requires is transferring some of the profits already earned by the commercial wing of ISRO to the staff. I am sure this government can make it happen if they want to.

raju1982

Country flag
Opinion

this is wrong. i earned 2.5 lakh per month when i had 8 years of exp.

Swesh

Max, Apple says that the new models support NavIC. This is the first time Apple has added support for NavIC to any of its iPhone models. However, the company has not specified which features will be included in the deployment. An Apple spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

The standard iPhone 15 and the iPhone 15 Plus variants don’t support NavIC, according to their official tech specs.

Navigation with Indian Constellation, which became operational in India in 2018, is India’s audacious attempt at building an independent standalone navigation satellite system. Developed by India’s space research organization ISRO, NavIC provides accurate positioning and timing information over India and the surrounding region.

Through over half a dozen satellites, NavIC extends coverage to whole of India’s landmass.

Its applications span across transportation (terrestrial, aerial, and marine), location-based services, personal mobility, resource monitoring, surveying and geodesy, scientific research, time dissemination and synchronization, as well as safety-of-life alert dissemination, according to ISRO.

Last year, India began pushing smartphone makers to add support for NavIC within a few quarters, Reuters reported then, citing government documents. Many smartphone manufacturers were concerned that the necessary hardware changes would slightly increase the cost of the phones.

The global iPhone 15 Pro models also support NavIC, according to official specs pages. Scores of smartphones — including Xiaomi’s Mi 11X, 11T Pro, OnePlus Nord 2T, and Realme 9 Pro sup
port NavIC.

Vamsi

Country flag
Key points:
  • TV-D1 tentatively scheduled for 26 October.
  • Indigenous manufacturing capabilities of components, and their incapability (atpresent) to make how high grade aluminium, high grade composites & 'high grade' electronics
  • How the low (relatively atleast) employee salaries disinterest 60% of the students at a specific IIT
  • Future dreams of ISRO - A Functional Space Station, manned moon landing
  • About 40% of the budget of spacecraft goes into buying imported items.
  • About 90kg of fuel left after landing and hop maneuvers
  • First crewed flight of Gaganyaan can't happen anytime before 2025
  • XpoSat is done with integration and testing and ready for launch and is sitting inside the cleanroom
  • IDRSS satellite in Assembly, Integration and Testing cleanroom
  • Indian military wasn't very quick to move to Navic. Current CDS is optimistic and transition from GPS to Navic to happen in few years
    1695354767423.png
  • IDRSS satellite
    1695354805716.png

• XPoSAT ready at cleanroom

Last edited:

Photon

Country flag

1695388796612.png

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

TopWatcher

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Its a best one. Sending another only orbiter will be a waist of resources/money.
Yep, just like Chandrayaan-2, it would be better to do all 3 of them together, orbiter + lander + rover since Mangalyaan orbiter is now lost after completing its mission. But for that we'll need a much heavier rocket, I doubt LVM3 can do that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles