ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
ISRO is aiming high....the planned landing site for Mars Lander Mission which is currently in study phase might be "Eridania basin" an ancient lake on Mars, which has Hydrothermal vents, a juicy spot for origin of life, if it originated, better they send some good science payloads if they choose that site

TopWatcher

Country flag
ISRO is aiming high....the planned landing site for Mars Lander Mission which is currently in study phase might be "Eridania basin" an ancient lake on Mars, which has Hydrothermal vents, a juicy spot for origin of life, if it originated, better they send some good science payloads if they choose that site
But i would say ISRO dont take tough location, means take that location where rover can smoothly travel.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I think rover need to fully self automated with AI. Becoz real time movement not possible from ISRO station.
Landers are pre-programmed to themselves study terrain for landing. It was automatic in Chandryaan and it will be same in Mangalyaan.

You can't control manually control from this far away and signals need time to reach.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Landers are pre-programmed to themselves study terrain for landing. It was automatic in Chandryaan and it will be same in Mangalyaan.

You can't control manually control from this far away and signals need time to reach.
I m saying AI, able to select path itself by analyzing images. Like Perserverance rover.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I m saying AI, able to select path itself by analyzing images. Like Perserverance rover.
Every landing spacecraft analyses its path with even more critical equipments (AI scanning optical images is not a necessity, not even needed if terrain heights and profiles are calculated by autonomous means).

And again no, there was no one controlling Cdy-3 either way. Interplanetary landings aren't manually controlled and always autonomously.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
FRIENDS,

This November will mark 10 years since the launch of Mangalyaan.
How remarkably time flies, it seems the mission was launched just yesterday.
If I recall correctly I was in the 7th grade in the convent school, the class teacher pushed us to watch the live telecast of it's orbital insertion
I am grateful

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
In 2014 you are 7th ??
In 2014, I was in grade III/IV. It's been a long time, time passes by like anything! Today I am in Class XII. I kinda wish that I could repeat my 9th and 10th standard as my 9th and 10th were online, it was so horrible, I couldn't meet up with friends, couldn't study properly, was depressed, and I don't know what else. DAMN the covid pandemic.

angryIndian

Country flag
If I recall correctly I was in the 7th grade in the convent school, the class teacher pushed us to watch the live telecast of it's orbital insertion
I am grateful
I was just fresh out of engineering college working as an apprentice in the same institute that manufactured PSLV's engine gimbal and flow control valves.

omaebakabaka

In 2014, I was in grade III/IV. It's been a long time, time passes by like anything! Today I am in Class XII. I kinda wish that I could repeat my 9th and 10th standard as my 9th and 10th were online, it was so horrible, I couldn't meet up with friends, couldn't study properly, was depressed, and I don't know what else. DAMN the covid pandemic.
Such young guys, what are you doing on forums? Use time for better things....you know what I mean...work/study and right type of fun....stay away from alcohol and drugs. I had to sleep my ass in the lab

Global Defence

New threads

Articles