ISRO General News and Updates

Swesh

DRDO is doing intelligence sat payloads....did you ever heard of Anvesha Radar....it's a large SAR...DRDO is developing it....also just because we aren't hearing about spy sats doesn't mean they aren't working on them.May be they want to keep them secret. After all ,they are spy sats
Back in 2018 there was a SAR data crisis in isro it arised because they didn't make any replacement SAR satellites while existing two retired. They didn't had one SAR satellite in space . So they borrowed data from BRITISH satellites. Named NOVASAR which was launched by isro. Then they came back to senses and started laughing SAR sats

omaebakabaka

Interesting Comments by ohsin about PSLV replacement NGLV in r/ISRO

View attachment 176005
It makes sense to replace the LV's especially as public private partnership grows vs Russian/Chinese model where most subcomponents are state owned suppliers and can be continued indefinitely with not much concern to market. Even Russia is replacing and/or modernizing their Soyuz along with Angara introducing new efficiencies and modernized supply chains and new capabilities based on modern platform. PSUs become dinosaur's if they don't keep up.....

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Cartosat 3a
Not built yet since already Cartosats are in service.
A cancelled dead project replaced by advancements in RISAT, CartoSat and beginning for HySIS program which have birth to GISAT.
Ehh?? When did ISRO even talked about it
Not built by URSC/SAC yet as Cartosats are serving already for optical and RISAT for radar imaging roles. Hyperpectral imaging has just begun in ISRO.

ISRO won't intensify network as existing system is filling the gap.
Resourcessat-3a,Mx
Yes, this is delayed.
Hysis replacement
HySIS is serving and advanced version is under development. AHysis will be the third generation.
4 new Irnss satellites
Their next generation versions are called "NVS" series those are under development still and will be launched on GSLV only due to their weight and orbit.

They are still "under development" and deployment of a GINS (Global Indian Navigation System) or a G-NAVIC will begin in second half of this decade.
In GSAT
Insat-3ds
Is a spare
Scatsat-1a,2
Proposal only
GSLV F10 failure delayed it.

Most of things you are quoting aren't due to low launch frequency or priority of Gaganyaan. Every satellite is an improvement on previous one, and development of new spacecraft takes time.
India is yet to mass produce satellites on assembly line and build a full network like USSR, US or PRC did.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
3 and 3a were started simultaneously 3 was launched long this is my source the site has not been updated for 2 year almost
Starting doesn't mean anything. SAC will finalise spacecraft on demand from DoS.

As long as DoS thinks that they have sufficient cover on earth, they aren't going to push for more reconnaissance satellites. Off course we have other priorities also.

Swesh

Starting doesn't mean anything. SAC will finalise spacecraft on demand from DoS.

As long as DoS thinks that they have sufficient cover on earth, they aren't going to push for more reconnaissance satellites. Off course we have other priorities also.
It's other priorities that are pushing projects arround that just arised from nowhere

Swesh

HySIS is serving and advanced version is under development. AHysis will be the third generation.
@Indx TechStyle so there is hysis-2 source?

Swesh

Just like cartosat GISAT-2 was proposed with GISAT-1 both were to be placed in same orbit since GISAT-1 failed why didn't they accelerated that project. GISAT itself is critical for for naval CBG

Swesh

GISAT-2 is not advensed version of GISAT -1 it's basically same satellite

Swesh

HySIS
HySIS-2
A-Hysis

I had seen it probably in a brochure around the time of HySIS launch. Link unfortunately dead now.
Strange how did I missed it i am literally responsible for most of hyperspectral info on oshin's reddit page. But anyway thank you can you send me link even though it's dead?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Strange how did I missed it i am literally responsible for most of hyperspectral info on oshin's reddit page. But anyway thank you can you send me link even though it's dead?
Will find it in a while if you don't mind huh?

I remember I actually updated a list on wikipedia through that brochure and updated about 3 different HySIS family satellites.

Swesh

'Science payloads' is a tiny segment related to exploration missions, I mean research in other areas like propulsion, spacecraft/space-transportation related technologies, sensors, avionics etc which are critical but might not be either pallatable or too difficult for industry to pursue. ISRO doesn't/shouldn't do research for commercial purposes and just licence its tech out for commercial exploitation where possible. ISRO should never be in position that it is hampering industry growth by competing with them this is not what tax money is for.

Less focus on human spaceflight better it is in my opinion, it is such a huge waste of resources. -Comment by oshin

Articles