ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
Delayed again...They should announce launch dates only when the lv is on launch pad...always delays getting frustrated tbh

omaebakabaka

Fking knew it 10 tons ahead in GTO
Do we have any plans to catch up or is GOI still twidlling it's thumbs
Considering puny budget they are given compared to China and the type of system we have vs them, we are indeed doing wonders and should be proud. ISRO rocks in my opinion showing real results....very few things are this clear in Indian public sector domain in regards to hightech sectors.

Abdus Salem killed

Considering puny budget they are given compared to China and the type of system we have vs them, we are indeed doing wonders and should be proud. ISRO rocks in my opinion showing real results....very few things are this clear in Indian public sector domain in regards to hightech sectors.
It still hurts me very badly that we lag behind them bcs i care about my country so much

I don't know how pakis and Bangladeshis live with themselves knowing thier industrial capacity in comparison to thier enemies and having no chance of growth if i was born thier i would literally kill myself out of disappointment

omaebakabaka

It still hurts me very badly that we lag behind them bcs i care about my country so much

I don't know how pakis and Bangladeshis live with themselves knowing thier industrial capacity in comparison to thier enemies and having no chance of growth if i was born thier i would literally kill myself out of disappointment
Some things are exponential or nonlinear, just like China jumped to catch up to US in 2 decades, our country is also seeing some positive aspects such as highways, infra and MIC....our problems are social, political and ethical, if we can consolidate sanathan base then even politicians will take note and pursue more common sensical development path. Some PSU's are seeing resurgence indeed. Other than Egypt and Iran, not much talent comes out in Islamic world not to mention converted countries.

TopWatcher

Country flag

Everybody want his/her country rise but yeah we are on track.

Abdus Salem killed

Some things are exponential or nonlinear, just like China jumped to catch up to US in 2 decades, our country is also seeing some positive aspects such as highways, infra and MIC....our problems are social, political and ethical, if we can consolidate sanathan base then even politicians will take note and pursue more common sensical development path. Some PSU's are seeing resurgence indeed. Other than Egypt and Iran, not much talent comes out in Islamic world not to mention converted countries.
Turkey is okay
Iran is okay
Saudi and uae is okay
Indonesia is okay
Malaysia is okay that's it though

omaebakabaka

Turkey is okay
Iran is okay
Saudi and uae is okay
Indonesia is okay
Malaysia is okay that's it though
With the exception of Turkey in the above list, not much comes from Saudi, Indonesia or Malayasia in academia or commercial or any pioneering. UAE and Saudis are getting good at business strategies but not low level high tech contributions.

Abdus Salem killed

With the exception of Turkey in the above list, not much comes from Saudi, Indonesia or Malayasia in academia or commercial or any pioneering. UAE and Saudis are getting good at business strategies but not low level high tech contributions.
Check thier patent counts they are above us in per capita
Saudi even has the worlds 18 th fastest computer
Underestimating your enemies is the worst thing a person can do

omaebakabaka

Check thier patent counts they are above us in per capita
Saudi even has the worlds 18 th fastest computer
Underestimating your enemies is the worst thing a person can do

I have personally seen many people from different countries in academia but not very many were noticeable outside Iran or Egypt in muslim world....Saudis have some good ones in Engineering but generally below avg in numbers. Patents are not the sole reflection....no one is underestimating, its very evident if you look into any engineering field. you will find Indians, east europeans, europeans, chinese the most.....Japanese and Koreans too in numbers quite a bit. Lot of very good Iranian and Egyptian professors and successful business founders. Also Saudis fund a lot and join colloboration through that, so you may see some inflation in their contribution....not sure what your experience is.

Off topic and last reply from me.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sce-200 will increase payload capacity but it's on backburner since their priorities are hsf now
HSF is priority but SCE200 is not on backburner at all. It is very much of a priority and will be tested soon. It might be tested even before Gaganyaan. It is only that first Gagangyaan rocket will not use SCE200.
Delayed again...They should announce launch dates only when the lv is on launch pad...always delays getting frustrated tbh
Everything will be delayed for some time due to Chandrayaan-3.

They had idicated to shift the tests in 2023 a week ago. First unammmed mission shifted to 2024. So manned spaceflight may only happen in 2026 or 27 now. It is realistic provided they launch DRSS-1 & 2 and complete unmanned launches in this time period instead of wasting time on Chandryaan-4, MOM-2, NISAR or Aditya L1 which are not complex as human spaceflight.

ISRO looks skeptical regarding human spaceflight. Looks like they did not get enough international cooperation and sending humans on space on it's own entirely can make any agency nervous. Expect to see more hesitation.

It should happen just one though. Once they do it successfully, all the hesitation will go away and Indian space program will again gain speed and close the gap with US, Russia and China everywhere.

Swesh

HSF is priority but SCE200 is not on backburner at all. It is very much of a priority and will be tested soon. It might be tested even before Gaganyaan. It is only that first Gagangyaan rocket will not use SCE200.

Everything will be delayed for some time due to Chandrayaan-3.

They had idicated to shift the tests in 2023 a week ago. First unammmed mission shifted to 2024. So manned spaceflight may only happen in 2026 or 27 now. It is realistic provided they launch DRSS-1 & 2 and complete unmanned launches in this time period instead of wasting time on Chandryaan-4, MOM-2, NISAR or Aditya L1 which are not complex as human spaceflight.

ISRO looks skeptical regarding human spaceflight. Looks like they did not get enough international cooperation and sending humans on space on it's own entirely can make any agency nervous. Expect to see more hesitation.

It should happen just one though. Once they do it successfully, all the hesitation will go away and Indian space program will again gain speed and close the gap with US, Russia and China everywhere.
It will still not catch up 🤢
As a defence enthusiastic i can tell you a lot of projects related to intelligence satellites are wiped out from schedule. If this doesn't worry anyone i don't know what should?

Swesh

Cartosat 3 has crossed half of it's planned lifetime and yet 3a is not even ready

Vamsi

Country flag
PSLV replacement, It will be all powered by SCE-200 engines,It may be reusable
Dr.S Somanath said that PSLV will be retired after completing the current approved PSLV launches ...& ISRO got approval for 30 PSLVs in 2018 & out of which 10 were already completed....so 20 more to go
@Indx TechStyle @Swesh @omaebakabaka

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles