ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Less focus on human spaceflight better it is in my opinion, it is such a huge waste of resources.
Human spaceflight imparts a huge leap in tech capabilities and space power projection.

So unless ISRO regards everything except commercial missions .i.e. missions to Moon/Mars/Venus, space telescopes and orbital experiments and human spaceflight, they are indeed a waste of resources.
They have to decide whether they are a space agency or a commercial launcher.

karn

Country flag
'Science payloads' is a tiny segment related to exploration missions, I mean research in other areas like propulsion, spacecraft/space-transportation related technologies, sensors, avionics etc which are critical but might not be either pallatable or too difficult for industry to pursue. ISRO doesn't/shouldn't do research for commercial purposes and just licence its tech out for commercial exploitation where possible. ISRO should never be in position that it is hampering industry growth by competing with them this is not what tax money is for.

Less focus on human spaceflight better it is in my opinion, it is such a huge waste of resources. -Comment by oshin
IMO
Looking at plans of other space agencies..
If ISRO does not get a foot in manned spaceflight, it will become a critical shortcoming in the future.
It will become as critical as access to space was to us in the 60s.

Blademaster

Human spaceflight imparts a huge leap in tech capabilities and space power projection.

So unless ISRO regards everything except commercial missions .i.e. missions to Moon/Mars/Venus, space telescopes and orbital experiments and human spaceflight, they are indeed a waste of resources.
They have to decide whether they are a space agency or a commercial launcher.
ISRO needs to be a space agency and shunt the commercial roles to private companies. SpaceX has shown the way.

Vamsi

Country flag
Less focus on human spaceflight better it is in my opinion, it is such a huge waste of resources. -Comment by oshin
One day we will put our men on moon & hopefully on Mars too ...but before all of that we should have human spaceflight capability.....Ohsin thinks space will always remain peaceful, limited to just Science exploration, but in reality it won't be like that for long, there will be conflicts in space too & for that we need human spaceflight capability. Chinese are not fools,they didn't limit themselves to just scientific explorations. We cannot be like Japan or EU who always depends on US or Russia for sending their men to space. We should be independent.

Vamsi

Country flag
Is that 4x SCE 200s for the 1st stage?
4 or 5 ....but I'm guessing 5, because during landing you should have low thrust, if you have 5 engines,central engine can be used for landing, but if you have 4 engines, you have to use 2 engines for landing, which makes landing bit more complicated because of the extra thrust you will get from those 2 engines

Vamsi

Country flag
What special about this vehicle ?
It will be jointly developed by ISRO & our Pvt companies....earlier LVs were developed solely by ISRO while private players acted as suppliers....now pvt companies will be part of design & development activities.. this new LV will replace all 3 , PSLV,GSLV & GSLV-MK3

TopWatcher

Country flag
It will be jointly developed by ISRO & our Pvt companies....earlier LVs were developed solely by ISRO while private players acted as suppliers....now pvt companies will be part of design & development activities.. this new LV will replace all 3 , PSLV,GSLV & GSLV-MK3
Is this developed or still a theory ? When will be first flight ?

Vamsi

Country flag
$1900 / kg (reusable) sounds too good to be true , cheaper perkg than spacex falcon 9 (around $2500)

:lehappy: only question is when this will be built

early 2030 I'm guessing. Also they ditched expensive Cryo upper stage. I don't think the rocket with Semi-cryo engine will achieve that $1900 target, but Methalox version may reach it

omaebakabaka

One day we will put our men on moon & hopefully on Mars too ...but before all of that we should have human spaceflight capability.....Ohsin thinks space will always remain peaceful, limited to just Science exploration, but in reality it won't be like that for long, there will be conflicts in space too & for that we need human spaceflight capability. Chinese are not fools,they didn't limit themselves to just scientific explorations. We cannot be like Japan or EU who always depends on US or Russia for sending their men to space. We should be independent.
I doubt if humans landed on moon, it could be a farce for all we know.....lets see if there will be a repeat. No reason why US would abandon the encore if they did it one time and to fix the short comings.

Articles