Israel - Hamas Gaza Conflict Oct-2023

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
No, it’s hilarous that you are comparing a weak rocket strike to a literal airstrike from the worlds most sophisticated (or at least one of them) jets
Compare the effect of 1000 weak rockets and one LGB....

Difference is only that now Israel has Iron Dome, if not the Hamas, Hezbollah and even Iran rocket strikes (and cruise missiles and ballistic missiles) would have made many civilian israeli deceases.

Kumaoni

What europeans? Sure not French.
We are a strong Indian ally since the 50's and with the Karachi coup the relation between Pak and France are at a cold level.
Since 1967, France had been an important partner, particularly for PAF and the Navy.[3] In 1967, France sold first batch of its Mirage fighters as well as sold the submarine technology to Pakistan. The PAF bought second-hand batch of Mirage fighters in 1990; followed by a contract signing in 1996 for the acquisition of 40 reconnaissance aircraft.[3]The PAF is the largest customer of France's aerospace industry with numbers of fighter and civilian aircraft having been sold to Pakistan since 1967 till the 2000s.[3] The Navy has also an established defence connection with France, the best known purchasing of Daphné class submarine and the submarine technology transfer of the Agost class which was signed in 1994.[3]

In 2009, France agreed to provide financial capital to expand the use of nuclear power in Pakistan. While, the officials at Islamabad termed it as "significant move", the Foreign service office maintained that: "France has agreed to transfer civilian nuclear technologyto Pakistan."[4] The French Foreign ministry had confirmed that the country was ready, within the framework of its international agreements, to "co-operate with Pakistan" in the field of nuclear safety.[4] "This is so the Pakistan's programme can develop in the best conditions of safety and security", the French foreign officials added to APP.[4] After the agreement, France maintained that "this is the beginning of a civil nuclear partnership and the cooperation will be limited to nuclear safety."[5]

In May 2011, France stopped selling heavy military equipment to Pakistan in order to ease Indian concerns. During a visit to India, the French defence minister Gérard Longuet said France did not want to be seen "feeding Pakistan’s military ambitions".[6]

You mean 2011 right?

And funny you say that but i haven’t seen one single european country stand up against the Blatant american funding of the taliban.

Kumaoni

Compare the effect of 1000 weak rockets and one LGB....

Difference is only that now Israel has Iron Dome, if not the Hamas, Hezbollah and even Iran rocket strikes (and cruise missiles and ballistic missiles) would have made many civilian israeli deceases.
They don’t have that level of advanced rockets. They are using some cheap shit designed in 2001

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Since 1967, France had been an important partner, particularly for PAF and the Navy.[3] In 1967, France sold first batch of its Mirage fighters as well as sold the submarine technology to Pakistan. The PAF bought second-hand batch of Mirage fighters in 1990; followed by a contract signing in 1996 for the acquisition of 40 reconnaissance aircraft.[3]The PAF is the largest customer of France's aerospace industry with numbers of fighter and civilian aircraft having been sold to Pakistan since 1967 till the 2000s.[3] The Navy has also an established defence connection with France, the best known purchasing of Daphné class submarine and the submarine technology transfer of the Agost class which was signed in 1994.[3]

In 2009, France agreed to provide financial capital to expand the use of nuclear power in Pakistan. While, the officials at Islamabad termed it as "significant move", the Foreign service office maintained that: "France has agreed to transfer civilian nuclear technologyto Pakistan."[4] The French Foreign ministry had confirmed that the country was ready, within the framework of its international agreements, to "co-operate with Pakistan" in the field of nuclear safety.[4] "This is so the Pakistan's programme can develop in the best conditions of safety and security", the French foreign officials added to APP.[4] After the agreement, France maintained that "this is the beginning of a civil nuclear partnership and the cooperation will be limited to nuclear safety."[5]

In May 2011, France stopped selling heavy military equipment to Pakistan in order to ease Indian concerns. During a visit to India, the French defence minister Gérard Longuet said France did not want to be seen "feeding Pakistan’s military ambitions".[6]

You mean 2011 right?

And funny you say that but i haven’t seen one single european country stand up against the Blatant american funding of the taliban.
2009 ? all this part is a fable.

Since the 2002 Karachi coup, all was frozen from the french side, and China already had the hand over the country.
So there may have some discussion (as the sale of the RC400 radar and MICA missiles for JF-17), but nothing really serious.

India is too precious as an ally to deal now with Pak which is more and more on the islamist side

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

You mean 2011 right?

Mirage 3 was sold .to Pakistan
Never forget , France has sold ouragans , mysteres, mirages 2000 ( balakot strike fame ) and finally rafale .
Heck they even wanted to sell Mirage 4000 but it was a foolish deal for both india and France.

ovalpiston

Country flag
IDF rescues four hostages from central Gaza in a complex operation! Looks like this why Hamas and their supporters in the west were so worried about Rafah operation because it means moving secure assets to other places in Gaza .

Rango

Country flag
I am really sad that 200 plus Palestinians died today. It is not a just war and I do not support the Israeli extent of retaliation at all.

However, the below is very motivating news. It is amazing how many mosques are in such a small area is Gaza. India has over 600,000 mosques, and it makes me want to puke.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
I am really sad that 200 plus Palestinians died today. It is not a just war and I do not support the Israeli extent of retaliation at all.

However, the below is very motivating news. It is amazing how many mosques are in such a small area is Gaza. India has over 600,000 mosques, and it makes me want to puke.

I am all for it and a lot more.

palestinians = hamas.

Anyone saying they are different are selling snake oil.
These vermin celebrated openly, on their streets when thousands of jews were being killed and hundreds were being gang raped.
Their children are taught how to halal jews.

Israel should wipe these palestinian vermin from their lands to the last child.
They need remember that these vermin did not spare their children and sparing theirs would mean they would again cross the border 15 or 20 years from now and repeat the same.

Deans

Country flag
This is part 5 of my ongoing series on the Gaza war.
https://rpdeans.blogspot.com/2024/06/the-gaza-war-part-5-what-next.html

I analyze military operations and related geopolitical matters, based on open source intelligence. I try not to take sides politically, or be moralistic, but use data to make sense of what's happening and what might happen. This post talks about the trend in IDF and Hamas casualties, recent operations in Rafah, the manpower constraint the IDF faces - which determines their plan for Gaza. There are details of the IDF units deployed and their current operations.I look at the possibility of war with Hezbollah and how that might happen and an update on the Houthi threat.

My position, as I've posted earlier in the blog, is that IDF casualties have been reducing (as are daily civilian casualties) while Hamas's capability is being increasingly degraded. Neither Hezbollah nor the Houthis have been as much of a threat as some feared. I argue for e.g. that the Houthi ability to hit ships has been poor and not a sustainable strategy, since it might weaken Iran. I similarly suggest that Hezbollah is getting the worst of cross border firing. It has to either withdraw and try to save face, or provoke Israel into a war the IDF probably wants. I explain why President Biden's proposed peace deal will most likely not be workable.

Recent developments which can influence this conflict are the growth in Israel's GDP in Q1 2024 (after a fall in Q4 23) and the forthcoming Iranian Presidential election.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
IDF rescues four hostages from central Gaza in a complex operation! Looks like this why Hamas and their supporters in the west were so worried about Rafah operation because it means moving secure assets to other places in Gaza .
IDF saved 4 hostages but had to kill 200 palestinians. A nice ratio.
I've seen the hastages were held by civilians.... strange isn't it?
My old opinion is that 90% of palestinians are Hamas members or supporters. A good proof.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles