INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

soikot banerjee

Country flag

devhensh

That submachine gun between 12ga dual barreled shotgun and some LMG...That is MP40!

OFB used to make that gun,too ?! Or it is just for exhibition ?
Very Good Observation !!!
Indeed it looks exactly like MP40, the pride and joy of Hitler's forces.....I am very surprised to see this iconic submachine gun at an OFB exhibition !

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Very Good Observation !!!
Indeed it looks exactly like MP40, the pride and joy of Hitler's forces.....I am very surprised to see this iconic submachine gun at an OFB exhibition !
lol I'm even more surprised to see it in India,let's keep OFB exhibition on side for a second.

devhensh

lol I'm even more surprised to see it in India,let's keep OFB exhibition on side for a second.
As far as my knowledge, it was never produced or used by any agency in India....so either it's a war trophy or confiscated from some militant group....

Flame Thrower

If our army rejected Amogh, then why it is still in production.

What about JPVC.

Doesn't multiple guns increase the logistics nightmare(in spares).

Why don't our army, para military, and state level cops standardize the guns....

soikot banerjee

Country flag
If our army rejected Amogh, then why it is still in production.

What about JPVC.

Doesn't multiple guns increase the logistics nightmare(in spares).

Why don't our army, para military, and state level cops standardize the guns....
Amogh is the standard issue for Coast guard which is often considered as non-existent to most Indians but they do have a important role also it is also with some units of Navy VBSS. Add to that there are many police SWAT teams who are using Amogh.
JVPC It recently entered service with CRPF, Chattisgarh police and some other polices with initial order close to 1000.
No there are no logistical problems as we are already using a variety of guns, another addition if it is good enough won't do any harm. We are not Zambia or any other third worls country, we can handle this much extra cost with india being one of the fastest growing economy.
It is army which has delayed process, rest are already inducting them, read this entire thread there is sufficient data and info available.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles