INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Welcome to DFI..

I have explaining these issues to members here, have a look at the thread it will give you better picture..

hi, i'm a new member here,IMO INSAS is heavier than new ARs and it has ergonomics problem.besides IA is going to replace INSAS ARs with modern ones, there's a RFI issued abt it.
------------------------------------

Insas had a bullpup version but it was rejected, And its a misconception based on incorrect reports about INSAS..

Insas have three or more version operational in Army >>

INSAS B
INSAS 1B
INSAS 1B1

Latest INSAS is lighter at less than 4kgs loaded, Give a look at the thread these issues are discussed already..

IMO INSAS is not as good as any modern rifle, its heavier, its an old design, it also faced jamming problems (which is rectified), most modern ARs r of bullpup design, i'm also doubtful abt its accuracy compared to modern bullpup AR.Bullpup design makes the barrel shorter, even the primary assault rifle of China is of bullpup design instead of being russian influenced.DRDO has a multi-calibre AR program which is undergoing trials, its high time for us to put behind the russian design and manufacture our own.i believe we can do better than INSAS.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Updating INSAS with modern buttstock and Grips with P-rail attached is work of couple of Hours..

I will post information on adapting new Israeli butt-stock on Insas soon..

The Fox

Updating INSAS with modern buttstock and Grips with P-rail attached is work of couple of Hours..

I will post information on adapting new Israeli butt-stock on Insas soon..
i am waiting to see something like that Kunal enlighten me with those.......

AshutoshNSingh

Modern buttstock and also sling, improved quality polymer furniture, rails, barrel with better heat resistency, automatic fire option and a higher rate of fire (650 rpm is too little before 850 of, say, TAR 21). The INSAS MK II is ready.

sayareakd

Country flag
Modern buttstock and also sling, improved quality polymer furniture, rails, barrel with better heat resistency, automatic fire option and a higher rate of fire (650 rpm is too little before 850 of, say, TAR 21). The INSAS MK II is ready.
you will end up with soldier firing 30 bullets to a target............... this will make them run out of ammo very fast.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

All of the below are done in Excalibur , Full-auto are not used in full-auto mode but in burst with reduce rate of fire for better stability and accuracy..

kshkumsin

Re: New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

You can always find information of stoppages when comparing M16/m4 design with AK designs..

AK designs always win coz of simplicity..
there your reliability theory is shattered

Last edited by a moderator:

AshutoshNSingh

All of the below are done in Excalibur , Full-auto are not used in full-auto mode but in burst with reduce rate of fire for better stability and accuracy..
but it did not meet Army requirements. Failed in trials. So it needs further improvement. Currently Excalibur is just a good law enforcement weapon

AshutoshNSingh

you will end up with soldier firing 30 bullets to a target............... this will make them run out of ammo very fast.
a 3 round burst option can co-exist leaving it to the soldier's preference. ANyways, increased RoF suggestion can be dropped if unnecessary..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There are many vids around in u tube by there Makers and in discovery channel..

Reliability does not counted by merely featuring some vids by its maker, But in hands of men in field under real conditions where there are less time for maintenance and more shooting, Men have to eat and sleep with there rifles days on in various places from below 50degree in snow to 70degree in desert in moist conditions from tropical jungles of India ( N.E ) under water and sand so does mud, INSAS survived this, I expect same from other anything less is fail, This is reliability..

there your reliability theory is shattered
---------------------------------------------------

Anyone told you so, he is wrong or ill-informed, It was operational in IA, picture posted few pages back but taken off without any reasons and re-issued with 1B..

but it did not meet Army requirements. Failed in trials. So it needs further improvement. Currently Excalibur is just a good law enforcement weapon

AshutoshNSingh

There are many vids around in u tube by there Makers and in discovery channel..

Reliability does not counted by merely featuring some vids by its maker, But in hands of men in field under real conditions where there are less time for maintenance and more shooting, Men have to eat and sleep with there rifles days on in various places from below 50degree in snow to 70degree in desert in moist conditions from tropical jungles of India ( N.E ) under water and sand so does mud, INSAS survived this, I expect same from other anything less is fail, This is reliability..

---------------------------------------------------

Anyone told you so, he is wrong or ill-informed, It was operational in IA, picture posted few pages back but taken off without any reasons and re-issued with 1B..
very unfair if so, if Excalibur accepted by army why are they forcing it to be saddled with the older models like 1B? So that IA is left with no option but to dump INSAS in favour of imported rifles?

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There can be many reasons, Excalibur dont have things like in 1B & 1B1, Excalibur was not design as per IA GSQR but OFB self design rifles..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
INSAS LMG telescopic sight..
200, 400, 500, 600, 700 and 800 meters for human targets.

=========================================
=========================================

Articles