INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
I talked to OFB guys at OFB Stall at Defexpo..

He told the Rifle 1B/1B1 is deign as per army demands ( Stricky as instructed ), Insas Excalibur is OFB self deign Rifle without Army Inputs..
Well he told me that if forces require they will make it.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Picatinny rail on INSAS is coming, i know those guys who are working on it and they have made it................:cool2:

I was talking to them, once they will file for patent, same will be offered to forces.
Are they private people or DRDO/OFB?

I talked to OFB guys at OFB Stall at Defexpo..

He told the Rifle 1B/1B1 is deign as per army demands ( Stricky as instructed ), Insas Excalibur is OFB self deign Rifle without Army Inputs..
That's the paradox! At one side they blame INSAS for being outdated and inferior and at other they frame GSQR while yawning. No wonder why every product developed by DRDO for Army gets so mingled.

H.A.

Picatinny rail on INSAS is coming, i know those guys who are working on it and they have made it................:cool2:

I was talking to them, once they will file for patent, same will be offered to forces.
I believe they are toiling very hard for this...:thumb: to them....inbetween saya sir, how much time will the patenting take?

sayareakd

Country flag
I believe they are toiling very hard for this...:thumb: to them....inbetween saya sir, how much time will the patenting take?
Patent is long processes, after publication someone can file objection against that, plus Registrar can withheld patent on Defence, as others can misuse this info. So it will take min of year and half, but they can sell it after filing of patent since the patent would be granted from the date of filing.

Liberty_and_Freedom

This is of baba adam zamana news of 2005.Nothing is related now in 2012, Its 1B1 now.
Hmm 2005 = Baba Adam Zamana, fine mate!! Agreed.
If INSAS 1B1 is the best invention since sliced bread why did GOI go ahead with the RFP intended for international weapon producing companies in 2011(unless you consider 2011 as baba adam zamana as well) 60,000 rifles being procured eh. How dare they slight the hallowed creation of the OFB and the IOF ? And I wonder why, the politicos want their personal security officers to carry FN's, AK's, HK's and the like. I guess they want to reserve the "top quality INSAS" for the frontline forces and use junk like FN's, AK's, HK's for their own security, such patriots I tell you :namaste:.

I said it before and say it again, its because OFB, DRDO and IOF consider the frontline soldier to be expendable. I am not a jingoistic supporter of all things "Indian" especially ones that cause a loss of precious lives. Even the round used in the INSAS is not well made, the loads are and were inconsistent. The reason why the barrel is unlike its FN 'muses' is because the burn rate of the low quality cordite(smokeless gun powder) being used is inconsistent leading to part of the cordite being com-busted fully post exit of the projectile; leading to excessive muzzle flash and inconsistent round cycling inertia(due to differences in the inertia level because of inconsistent grain loads in IOF bullets), why have such a long muzzle eh; oh wait its to compensate for the "inconsistent burn rates" damn we love "Jugaads" don't we !

The intellectual boffins at our hallowed,monopolistic, taxpayer money leeching organisations couldn't care less. I salute the spirit of my countrymen;civvies and soldiers alike who excel not because of our Govt and its statist bodies but "despite" Govt and statists.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Hmm 2005 = Baba Adam Zamana, fine mate!! Agreed.
If INSAS 1B1 is the best invention since sliced bread why did GOI go ahead with the RFP intended for international weapon producing companies in 2011(unless you consider 2011 as baba adam zamana as well) 60,000 rifles being procured eh. How dare they slight the hallowed creation of the OFB and the IOF ? And I wonder why, the politicos want their personal security officers to carry FN's, AK's, HK's and the like. I guess they want to reserve the "top quality INSAS" for the frontline forces and use junk like FN's, AK's, HK's for their own security, such patriots I tell you :namaste:.

The RFI for Multi-cal Rifle, you should know why it is asked ? the reason are repeated here many times before..

I haven't used HK or FN to judge them, but i can do with Insas..

I have given you the answer but you keep saying the same thing..

I am a very bad argument winner, rest is yours..

sayareakd

Country flag
@L&F, kunal sir avatar shows him holding INSAS, his life depends on it and he dont have much problem with it, so is Ray sir when he was in service.

As some one has once said people who have problem with INSAS are the one who have never used the same (exceptions are only CT guys, who want to kill Tango for good).

pmaitra

The RFI for Multi-cal Rifle, you should know why it is asked ? the reason are repeated here many times before..

I haven't used HK or FN to judge them, but i can do with Insas..

I have given you the answer but you keep saying the same thing..

I am a very bad argument winner, rest is yours..
@L&F, kunal sir avatar shows him holding INSAS, his life depends on it and he dont have much problem with it, so is Ray sir when he was in service.

As some one has once said people who have problem with INSAS are the one who have never used the same (exceptions are only CT guys, who want to kill Tango for good).
Well said gentlemen.

Unfortunately, rifles for some people are no more than a beauty contest.

Why should anyone have a problem when the armymen are fine with it? Sure, INSAS has a lot of room for refinement in looks, still, it gets the job done, and pretty damn well.

Secondly, why blame OFB for everything? If they do not have complete control on what they are making, they surely don't deserve all the blame. Look at the much touted and advertised KRISS Vector. Use it, and you'll know it, you do not want to carry that expensive paperweight into battle; but hey, it looks pretty damn cool.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No matter how improved INSAS is now, no matter how many times you repeat this the paid criticism has served so well that it just reject to go away.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
There was news about an improved insas going into production this January. Any news about this improved rifle??

bhramos

Country flag
i have seen a gun similar to AK-47 Bulgarian type... but with SLR type barrel... some thing like SLR-106...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
It is Italian Beretta ARX 160 assault rifle.
Yes, my error. And I should have known better, it's from a site which must remain nameless here. :shocked:

I did find this link to be interesting.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/31/india-to-develop-new-carbine/

India to develop new carbine
The Indian state run Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and state owned Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) have developed a new carbine for the Army which The Times of India reports will soon be adopted by the India Army. The Milap carbine, as it currently called, is expected to cost Rs 50,000 ($1,110).

The weapon was supposed to be developed in association with Singapore Technologies Kinetics, makers of the SAR-21 assault rifle, but STK was blacklisted by the Indian government after a corruption scandal.

The Milap will be part of the Army's Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System (F-INSAS) upgrade. According to Soldier Systems, the weapon willk be modular and be able to use 5.56mm, 7.62mm and purportedly 6.8mm ammunition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles