INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There has been no Drastic improvement in small arms, We are still using gun powder..
Caseless ammo may be the next transition.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
So looks matter so much ?,Calling on the performance with respect to the looks is irrelevant..
Giving the troops on the field the option of full auto, 30 round mag, maybe reduce the weight, taking out the things like carrying handle isn't just about looks. It's to make it a more modern rifle.

Most of which the Ex-C did. Which I liked from the start, but it failed trials and didn't meet the expectations of the army.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Giving the troops on the field the option of full auto, 30 round mag, maybe reduce the weight, taking out the things like carrying handle isn't just about looks. It's to make it a more modern rifle.

Most of which the Ex-C did. Which I liked from the start, but it failed trials and didn't meet the expectations of the army.
If Army demand, there will be..

Carrying handle is army need same was on Indian SLR back in days..

It didn't failed it was not needed as it was same as regular Insas nothing different in performance at higher price..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
We have to design a cammo paint for our assault rifles and then see the looks of it.

The Orange color is too awkward for an assault rifle........

May be O.F.B. has to work more in the color of our rifles........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We have to design a cammo paint for our assault rifles and then see the looks of it.

The Orange color is too awkward for an assault rifle........

May be O.F.B. has to work more in the color of our rifles........

They already did, It just they didn't offer the same for Regular Insas used By Regular Solider, I am only guessing for the color extra charges.. :rolleyes:

Insas Excalibur Rifle With Insas Amogh Carbine

Insas Kalantak with Insas Excalibur Rifle

Anyways some nice looking Rifle here coz they are not in Orange..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
instead of paint for cammo, we should go for cammo tape or cammo cloths that will solve the problem. Cloths are better and easy to get, since jawan got cammo uniform.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Camo with clothes is good idea, As it don't leave any permanent mark on Rifle..

But this is strictly improvised..

The last one is the best i have seen till date..

Regarding camo with paint, this is what we have seen recently but its under SF..

jackhammer2

Country flag
Whats a differance b/w night sights and passive night sights ???

DRDO make passive night sights and if I am not wrong they were even working on Infrared sights how did that go??

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Whats a differance b/w night sights and passive night sights ???

DRDO make passive night sights and if I am not wrong they were even working on Infrared sights how did that go??
Let have a stab at this from what I recall. Night vision IR rifle scopes originally required an IR source to illuminate the target. Later technology, e.g. "Starlight" scopes had the ability to gather very low levels of ambient light to see the target. Thermal imagery passively acquires IR radiation from a target. What I don't know are the specifications in terms of range.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles