INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
kunal,im no expert here like u...actually im telling what i got to knw over rifles,i hav seen 5.56 rifle...no doubt we hav made some compact rifle like 5.56 kalantak of insas family ...but it doesnt seem used in vast number.. whenever i see a soldier i always find akm,or regular insas that having 18 inch barrel length...and even i hav closely seen insas,m4.and i used it and i felt considerable diff of weight...and even i never have seen acog to our rifles that using in these days in large number..i wanted to say we should be using compact assault rifle with acog for better performance......
are you aware what is price of ACOG and INSAS ???

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
no worries coz SF are using pkms,mag58 with bipods and brens and negevs in that role.dont think they will dare to use insas except for public shows.
Why should we down play our own INDIAN made equipment ? Why don't we appreciate our scientists. No one can be born experts, our scientists are learning and they will succeed in making a very good GUN and on that day the same persons who cursed them will appreciate them.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
1.actually im telling what i got to knw over rifles,i hav seen 5.56 rifle...
2.no doubt we hav made some compact rifle like 5.56 kalantak of insas family ...but it doesnt seem used in vast number..
3.whenever i see a soldier i always find akm,or regular insas that having 18 inch barrel length...
4.and even i hav closely seen insas,m4.and i used it and i felt considerable diff of weight...
5.and even i never have seen acog to our rifles that using in these days in large number.
6.i wanted to say we should be using compact assault rifle with acog for better performance......
1.You live in India then must have seen, Its common even in Police nowadays..
2.No, We don't..
3.18.3 to be exact
4. So you have seen M4 and Insas as well, And you fired both ? and there is a weight issue ?
5. No, we don't..
6. Lets say compact rifles whiout reducing the barrel length and Acog and other optics too with P-rail..

Some Photos to your Above Questions..

Sights>

Thermal Sight for Night Fighting..

MARs sight same one used in TAR-21 or Tavor assault rifle..

Carl zess optics mainly used by Germans in G36..

Optics for with 2.5x ..

Reliability in Question ?

Accuracy and Precision:

Mine, From 150-200ms with Iron sights..

People going for looks should see this picture:

The kit to upgrade it is on E-bay, So don't go for looks it take some Minutes to change it..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Kunal bhai please explain about this INSAS. I took this pic during the NAVY DAY at Vishakapatanam.

DSC003342.jpg

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I asked the security personal whether it is INSAS and he said yes and also said he could not give any further details........

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
There is no diffrence in the INSAS, Excalibur, Kalantak apart from the exterior cladding?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
India should replace that crap...

crap is crap. Not a 21st century rifle.

F-INSAS rifle better deliver.

Ex-C would have been better than that crap.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2

There is a problem here. A cheekpiece has been added to the stock to raise the eye up to the sight. The buttstock now is at a distance from that ideal placement in the pocket between the shoulder and the chest, so that the recoil will be felt only on the bicep. What adjustment can be made to correct this awkward hold? The firer looks uncomfortable and the sight picture appears to be compromised.

I have already commented on the picture below that one.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^Any idea how other rifles with same scope have over come this short comeing?

sayareakd

Country flag
@shash that is black INSAS, probably AR version. @ W.E.G he is just posing with rifle.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
India should replace that crap...

crap is crap. Not a 21st century rifle.

F-INSAS rifle better deliver.
AKM is also crap, Degin in 1947 and still going strong, used by world wide SF community despite having many 21st century rifles..

There is a problem here. A cheekpiece has been added to the stock to raise the eye up to the sight. The buttstock now is at a distance from that ideal placement in the pocket between the shoulder and the chest, so that the recoil will be felt only on the bicep. What adjustment can be made to correct this awkward hold? The firer looks uncomfortable and the sight picture appears to be compromised.

I have already commented on the picture below that one.

He is taking pose with it for the camera, the guy belong to Indian Military academy as a recruit going through training..

Here's a good analyzes on the INSAS by cottage cheese. Member from Indiansforguns forum.

Indians For Guns • View topic - The INSAS 5.56mm Rifle- A Technical Treatise
Have you notice the date of the article..

There is no diffrence in the INSAS, Excalibur, Kalantak apart from the exterior cladding?
The firing mechanics is same, some difference in barrel length and receiver in kalantak..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
@shash that is black INSAS, probably AR version. @ W.E.G he is just posing with rifle.
Two replies to my post about the weapon with the thermal site say, "He is just posing." They don't address the problems with the sight and the way it's mounted. The sight could be mounted off-center to the left to lower it and to make a good sight picture attainable. If weapons are shown with personnel "just posing", why not just show the weapons by themselves?

sayareakd

Country flag
Two replies to my post about the weapon with the thermal site say, "He is just posing." They don't address the problems with the sight and the way it's mounted. The sight could be mounted off-center to the left to lower it and to make a good sight picture attainable. If weapons are shown with personnel "just posing", why not just show the weapons by themselves?
Sir first of all it is not thermal site, it is night vision for INSAS.

now coming back to what i told you about him just posing with the night vision

look at the angle of his right hand it is not correct way to hold it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can see the removable cheek piece.

this is the correct way of holding INSAS (Officer in this picture has held it in correct way)

now coming back to what you have asked, night vision sight cannot be moved from the point, for the simple reason that night vision is made in such a way, so that soldier can use the iron sight, if he want to switch from the night vision, without taking out the night vision from rail mount. :cool2: (smart design).

here is the pic from my personal collection this will show you the reason for the same.

that is me holding that night vision..........:namaste:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles