Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
here another pic from my collection same night vision for INSAS

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Have you notice the date of the article..
I know it's from 2010, but that's one of the best-honest analyzes on the INSAS on the web to data. And it's not like they made any drastic improvements on the INSAS.

AKM is also crap, Degin in 1947 and still going strong, used by world wide SF community despite having many 21st century rifles..
Indian armed forces isn't poor anymore. It's defence industry should provide them with a modern rifle.

If Brazil can produce this.

I see no reason why India can't either!:tsk:

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
And it's not like they made any drastic improvements on the INSAS.

I see no reason why India can't either!:tsk:
There has been no Drastic improvement in small arms, We are still using gun powder..:tsk:

I think you must understand, the outer-looks and ad-dons can be added even to a old AKM as the photo shows..
Insas is too 5.56mm rifle, The tweeting can be done in Minutes with right accessories..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Kunal if you want to make a good analyzes like cottage cheese did, do it.

It does a good job of reinforcing that the gun is mediocre. And not what the 3rd largest army should be wielding.

Indians For Guns • View topic - The INSAS 5.56mm Rifle- A Technical Treatise

Have there been any changes to the regular INSAS sense the last 2 years? If not then I think the analyzes is still good. It's not like the post is from 1999.

What gun is this please provide a link, also it looks like an XM8( XM8 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Taurus ART556 assault rifle I guess it can use different ammo..

They unveiled a carbine with it too. This is similar to the Beretta storm.

:tsk:

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunal if you want to make a good analyzes like cottage cheese did, do it.

It does a good job of reinforcing that the gun is mediocre. And not what the 3rd largest army should be wielding.

Indians For Guns "¢ View topic - The INSAS 5.56mm Rifle- A Technical Treatise

Have there been any changes to the regular INSAS sense the last 2 years? If not then I think the analyzes is still good. It's not like the post is from 1999.
Cool looking rifle, But what is the use if it jams in some gunfight ?

Looks dont say everything, See the picture i posted of AKM, Is it that hard ?

What to analyse ?, Just to prove some that Insas is nice, I don't have to..

Coz those who have used it like a battle rifle in mud, water, Snow and desert just know how good it is..

Cottage cheese said: "In the end it shoots- fairly accurately and with reasonable reliability but its plagued by shitty quality and needless refinements of dubious value. Bottom line - we could have done so much better." Have you read ?

I have used Insas many times, For me two things are important:

1. Reliability..
2. Accuracy and precision..

Other things like all those stuff like P-rail and other can be added, If OFB didn't did it COZ looking at its marketing strategy for money making ( Should have offered Excalibur with 30rnd mag on first place ), The blame also goes to OFB quality of making products, But nothing on Rifle deign

I dont have to say more, I have provided some pics which describe more words i can write..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Cottage cheese said: "In the end it shoots- fairly accurately and with reasonable reliability but its plagued by shitty quality and needless refinements of dubious value. Bottom line - we could have done so much better." Have you read ?
Yes, I have read it.

I also read him saying it mediocre and, "we could have done so much better."

You only defend the crap, because it's Indian.

This isn't a 21st century rifle the IA deserves. This is in line with all the other outdated crap IA troops get, like the tin bucket helmets.

INSAS would be the sh*t in the 80s, but not for an army in the 21st century....

But nothing on Rifle deign
Some parts of the design he did point out.

Unlike the 7.62mm SLR-1A, the carrying handle in the INSAS is an elaborate spring tensioned type. This greatly increases the number of parts and machining operations for a part that's next to being a useless appendage. See the image below.
What modern 5.56 armed to a modern army doesn't have full auto too? Damn thing uses a 20 round mag as the standard and the LMG has a 30 round mag. Which is common for regular rifles around the world. Doesn't this seem like a rifle from the 70s-80?

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
................. offtopic..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
You only defend the crap, because it's Indian.

Some parts of the design he did point out.

What modern 5.56 armed to a modern army doesn't have full auto too? Damn thing uses a 20 round mag as the standard and the LMG has a 30 round mag. Which is common for regular rifles around the world. Doesn't this seem like a rifle from the 70s-80?
No more crap word, have you ever used one ? Or ask any solider or officer abt its battle worthiness, you cant, But i do and that is why i defend it to last..

Army wanted this so there you have it..

Do you have done enough research why Army like to have burst instead of full auto ? have you ever handle firearm ? NO..

You have any idea how Insas is deign and on what criteria given by Army in its development process, ? NO..

India should have bought the FN FNC from the 70s.

Off-topic, Unnecessary..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
You have given all the needed data and info wth picture to judge, Still you asking the same thing even after you have got your answer..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
It's an outdate rifle from the 70s and IA troops deserve better. Just like they deserve better helmets.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It's an outdate rifle from the 70s and IA troops deserve better. Just like they deserve better helmets.
The correct form should be, It needed to be updated ( tell the specifics ) and they do deserve better from boot to helmet..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
The correct form should be, It needed to be updated ( tell the specifics ) and they do deserve better from boot to helmet..
They did in the form of EX-C, but that failed trials. Now they'll completely replace it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
They did in the form of EX-C, but that failed trials. Now they'll completely replace it.
Really ? Excalibur was nothing but tweet up Insas at higher price so it was turn down..

This is what should have done, Not posted long ago by me, And its made by me..

But Insas is strong in IA coz of its ruggedness and accuracy that is what count in IA most..

Now, as per today standered this is what a man needs, Insas is very reliable, If anyone preform same as Insas in Indian enviorment can be used, But i doubt any other 5.56mm Rifle would give such ruggedness also with good Iron sight which result in good accuracy and precious hit..

That is why Insas is good for Indian environment and it need little tweet up just like Update AKM..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Basically what the Swedish did to the FN FNC.

Ak 5 carbine

All that will never happen, I'll bet on that..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Basically what the Swedish did to the FN FNC.

All that will never happen, I'll bet on that..

Why post this, you were saying Insas is outdated in that sense FNC too, And with Addons its improved ?Perhaps yes, But the topic we talking is Insas is useless as you indicated it don't have such addons, And when we talk abt addons, you saying its not going to happen, Ok your point is well taken..

Besides Insas limitation are removed by improvised techniques, Its a best suited 5.56mm rifle to Indian environment as use in CT ops and in Peace time shows its mass usage and its success, No other 5.56mm could have done the same..

The F-INSAS is getting ready for induction and trail, till then only rifle can challenge Insas is AKM, Reliability is what counts first in Army, rest latter, that `s how Army thinks and operates..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Read the post number #445 again..

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Why post this
Similar to how they updated the FN FNC.

I don't have a problem with an updated INSAS. It's the regular one I dont like. You know the one with 20 round mag, no auto, etc.

I never had a problem with the EX-Calibur which had 30 round mag, auto, etc.

I would love to see something like this..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles