Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Under barrel Grenade launchers Sights..

Under barrel Grenade launchers Sights..
Russian, western & Indian..

ARDE`s Indian 40mm UBGL ( Indian )

Interesting, i can make out the sight is inbuilt like GP-30 but its different....

Operational 40mm GL are suppose to be green not golden :) ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
it is quite complicated plus again how the soldier will find the angle of shooting ???
Yes it is complicated than Russian UBGL..

Regarding Angle of shooting, you have to line your sights straight along quadrant to leaf sights, on leaf sights its given required elevation for lining..

here it is more visible and at the right place to shoot from right side (right handed)
But still this system confuse me, until i use or given proper manual on it..

sayareakd

Country flag
kunal better use small Digital Clinometer/Inclinometer/Angle Level Meter

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
kunal better use small Digital Clinometer/Inclinometer/Angle Level Meter
Small Digital Clinometer/Inclinometer/Angle Level Meter and reflex sight cool stuff, will look gud on NSG and SPG guys, they need these system, we in regular army know that Iron sights are the best and reliable for us..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

Another Cool pic i took during defexpo2010, showing the aiming sights of GP-30 UBGL..

sayareakd

Country flag

one in red is the targeting system

for blue it is trigger for the UBGL.

Logan

Country flag
Probably it is good to hold, but unlike MP5 or Uzi, this is neither an SMG nor a uSMG. It's a 5.56 carbine that tends to have recoil comparable to assault rifles (much higher than recoil on .45 SMGs like UMP45, 9mm Uzi). The user of this weapon will have to use just one hand (the trigger-hand) for grip because the handle is too small for grip with both hands and the weapon is heaver than a handgun, and position it away from the body (which is difficult if you're used to rifles or even proper SMGs like MP5 or UMP). Like Manc said, this weapon doesn't even have a forearm grip like Steyr TMP that helps your body absorb some of the recoil energy, increasing accuracy. I guess we'll have to wait for feedback from its operators.

I think if this weapon is given a forearm grip, it won't need that awkward butt.
Even MP7A1 has an extendable butt,when that dosen't create a problem then whY would that be in the case of MSMC

Logan

Country flag
What would be the use of a multicaliber weapon if 6..8 is good enuf???

sayareakd

Country flag
it is more like three caliber (5.56, 6.8 and 7.62)mm long with 40mm

sayareakd

Country flag
That UBGL in the youtube video fitted fast and was easy to take out, hope same thing will be for the INSAS UBGL.

jackal4me

Picure poster of FINSAS gun and lethal 5.56 for INSAS along with submachine carbine
the gun is actually called as MSMC and will be used by tank crews or for CQB with silencers only, not for F-INSAS programme. And the INSAS with the DRDO built UBGL is for only mountain divisions only.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Country flag
the gun is actually called as MSMC and will be used by tank crews or for CQB with silencers only, not for F-INSAS programme.
you need better pare of eyes and i suggest you read all the post, best of luck ...........:emot15:

Logan

Country flag
Hmmmmm,,a gun having interchangeable barrels to suite 5.56,7.62 and 6.8mm rounds that sounds good but going by the design of the bullpup one,, the DRDO might get into trouble with copyright issues since it looks good but awfully similar to F2000...FN Herstel won't sit back and watch.

sayareakd

Country flag
yeah it appears as it has changeable barrels like the vidhwansak (Anti material rifle) if you want to use in anti terror use 7.62 if for regular army role use the 5.56 and for special role use 6.8.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Hmmmmm,,a gun having interchangeable barrels to suite 5.56,7.62 and 6.8mm rounds that sounds good but going by the design of the bullpup one,, the DRDO might get into trouble with copyright issues since it looks good but awfully similar to F2000...FN Herstel won't sit back and watch.
Having same look from outside wont cause problem, the internal are very different, for example Polish VZ-58 Looks similar to AK-47 but internal gas system is very different and lighter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles