INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaming arrow

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
to begin with the new generation soldier equipped with F-INSAS wil be having a new light weight armour plate for bullect and other projectile protection,a new frequency hopping radio set for communication..a hand held computer which is attached to scope which comes in handy during combat for communicating friendly and foe position to the command and other members of the team..

flaming arrow

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
The handheld computer is the core of the new generation soldiers which has gps in it..the infantry soldier during combat situation can mark his and enemies position on the computer and send it to the command bmp..which can further relay the information...
Say if a section is pinned due to heavy firing coming frm an enemy bunker..and the section is finding it heavy to take out they can ask fr arty support..they can simply do that by marking postion and exact coordinates on thier handheld systems and convey the enemy would not evn knw wht will hit them....so ease he is provided with a scope which an inbuild mouse which he can use through his finger to mark send and do other jobs...a new webbing for carrying the hole euipment

sayareakd

Country flag
FA those are system develop by private Indian company, there are lot of Indian companies hunting for share of FINSAS, including TATA. Good to see some real completion for FINSAS.

flaming arrow

FA those are system develop by private Indian company, there are lot of Indian companies hunting for share of FINSAS, including TATA. Good to see some real completion for FINSAS.
Yes saya the most important systems are now developed iam compiling the footage will make a video and will upload in an hour..this the whts going to come our way during the intial year that is by 2011-2012..no to mention the personal gear has improved u will knw why just as i upload the video so hang on

sayareakd

Country flag
FA it would have been better if you start the video with "FINSAS system is coming" then here is small gimps of one of its system. or something like that, BTW good video.

Last edited:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Its nice to watch that someone is taking interest for developing such equipments for India. My eyes will be pleasured to see a regiment with the complete F-INSAS equipments and systems , marching along the LOC. Imagine how prestigious it will be.

Anyhow saya can you please tell me the next date for Defence Expo at Delhi. I may be coming to Delhi for it. Very much excited that what will this upcoming Expo will contain.

sayareakd

Country flag
YS it will be in 2012 please do come and attend it and if things go well you will find my stall there.

sayareakd

Country flag
Lots of option including starting Defenc Forum India stall for membership.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
YS it will be in 2012 please do come and attend it and if things go well you will find my stall there.
I would be dying to meet you. And I will surely come in 2012. Please PM me the month and date as soon as you get the updates for it.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
OMG when are they going to mass produce the carbine!

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I wonder why armed forces insist on UBGLs the size and shape of M203. Why not use something more compact like the Russian-made GP-30?

Does IA use GP-25/30? They're compatible with AKs. Is it that its barrel is too short (for range)?
Doesnt know the actual reason but maybe IA gone for M203 because of its performance and global usage( M203 used by over 37 countries where as GP-25/30 used by only 3-4 nations).

And according to me it may be because of its accuracy. As in rifles and tanks, the long you have the barrel, the maximum accuracy your shot will have. And also the future Insas rifle is not a special forces compact rifle, so why to compromise with the quality when we have such a long rifle with a long barrel such as INSAS.

Note:I am not criticizing GP -30 nor I am saying that it is a C-grade product but all I am saying that it may be not fit for IA and its long rifle INSAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles